Yamori's returning EQ tips

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Yamori's returning EQ tips

Postby Yamori » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:03 pm

In a nutshell...

-Old/Kunark: Splitpaw is now extremely tough and shitty and worthless. Nurga/Droga are now revamped to 50-60ish zones.

-Velious: Plane of Mischief now has a zone in in Great Divide. (follow the stream through shardwurm cave and keep running). It's no longer a quest zone, it now has mobs that hit for 300's and progressively higher. NTOV is 1-2 groupable with decent groups - but they've added something called a 'ring event' to it that basically makes the last guy (vulak?) not worth killing due to it's ass-painery.

-Luclin is worthless, asides from the Paludal Caverns zone - which is hands down the best zone for leveling toons from 1-20. It does offer horses (bought in bazaar at stables) - which allow casters to med without having sit agro and med while they move/cast. The 100kpp horses can move about as fast as max bard speed.

-Planes of Power zones give good XP modifiers, but the mobs are a bit tougher. Progression is generally a waste of time as no one does it anymore and no one raids there asides from PoTime - however if you want access to the higher zones (Sol Ro Tower/Plane of Tactics), there are some relatively simple alternate access quests. If you want access to PoTime you will have to raid there and loot a key (they regularly rot). There is a vendor in Plane of Tranquility near the bank that sells invisibility and insta-gate potions.

Access to Sol Ro Quest: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=3018

Plane of Tactics Access Quest: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=2292

-Ykesha is useless asides from it's map features and extra bank slots, and armor dye (bazaar 'prismatic' for vial of prismatic dye). Download maps at http://www.mapfiend.net/

-LDON is now obsolete with Dragons of Norrath out. Just be sure to go to your home city and talk to the NPC (yellow emote will say there name on zoning in) and do that little quest, so you can have access to the Magus's in the LDON camps - who can port you to any of the other camps. LDON introduced augmentations, which you can attach to equips for additional stats. To add augments, click on the golden pools in LDON camps that look like a birdbath. There is a gnome merchant in butcherblock, bazaar, and guildhall that sells distillers that remove augments (use birdbath to do this).

-GoD is generally useless to non raiders, everything there hits very hard and generally does not give worthwhile XP compared to things from later expansions. Noteworthy is the 'Tribute' system (check your home town for a tribute master) - which is essence is: you trade in droppable items for 'points', and you can use these points to buy 10 minute increments of all sorts of abilities - like max haste/mana regen/focus effects. ALT+U opens the tribute ability window. Just be sure to de-activate it once you're done, or it will use up all your points.

-OOW gives decent exp zones and new spells - these spells drop from nameds (in the form of minor/lesser/greater/glowing Muramite Runes) - you turn in these runes to 'Karsor the Mad' in Dranik's scar. There are better grouping options and loot rewards in Dragons of Norrath imo, but OOW is still decent. Riftseekers Sanctum is awesome XP, but the stuff is very tough there (1200ish hits) so unless you have well equipped friends you probably won't get many groups there. Noteworthy are 'MPG Trials', which are 15 minute (quite intense) missions that offer 200+hp items as a reward.

-Dragons of Norrath gives some interesting things. You do missions, and as a reward you get 'crystals' that you can use to buy armor/augments - DoN stuff is better, cheaper, and more time/EXP efficient than LDON Hands down. The crystals are droppable so you can sell them in bazaar if you want - can get 4000-5000pp per mission like this. You also get a token that you hand back to the vendor for faction: which you need to be able to start missions (I suggest simply joining DoN groups to get faction - dont bother doing the solely faction tasks). There is DoN progression - the first two tiers are arguably worth it (get +10 all stats and +10 all stat caps, then an innate extra 250mana/hp ), but not critically important: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=3061.

Also noteworthy is the guild lobby/guild hall (zone from PoK). The lobby offers corpse summons (practically removes risk factor of dangerous zones), and the guild hall offers double-regen pools - tradeskill areas, and a port system to take you to out-of-the-way zones.

-DoD brings some interesting stuff. There are monster missions, where you play as a lower level monster and do stuff asides from the typical kill-grind. They give about 1AA (and some of them can be done very quickly - making them an interesting XP option), and offer item drops around the 100hp level (one gives a 150hp ring:o). The good monster missions are in Nektulous (fairy mission), Lavastorm (clockwork gnome mission), and Undershore (Sporali Mission).

There are also 'spirit shrouds' - you talk to a shroud master in PoK (use find button), and can turn yourself into a monster of all sorts of different classes. The practical use of this is the goblin rogue shroud - you can hide/sneak and pick locks, which is very useful for quests and such. Shrouds also are not on the same faction as you, so you can slaughter stuff with them and not have any effect on your actual toon's faction.

Probably the best thing are the spell missions --- they reward each party member with upper PoTime quality loot. If you have well equipped friends (cuz these missions are HARD), they can remove themself from the mission and add you to the task at the end, and you will get the item.

Misc: ALT+V brings up LDON mission window. SHIFT+T brings up custom title window. ALT+Z brings up GOD Mission Window. ALT+Q brings up DoN (and DoD) Task Windows. Backspace brings up the Map window. /loadskin default_old gets rid of the shitty new user interface. ALT+Enter puts EQ into windowed mode. Options now has the option to auto-consent group/raid/guild. EQ is much more graphics intensive now - you may want to go to options (at login screen) and turn off a lot of stuff. Check bazaar for gate potions, they are relatively cheap these days. PoK (and bazaar) now has KEI/Haste/Heal potions - very useful.
Last edited by Yamori on Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-Yamori
AKA ~~Baron Boshie of the Nameless~~
Yamori
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:07 pm

ps, skipping ykesha is the worst mistake you can make

really interesting zones, some fun events, and neat lewts
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Naethyn » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:34 am

innoruk in ykesha is a fun fight with 2 or 3
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: Yamori's returning EQ tips

Postby Gargamellow » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:28 pm

This topic is crap and should be deleted or edited GREATLY.
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:26 pm

it's two years old. what do you expect
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gargamellow » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:40 am

I am speaking for the benefit of new gamers. (Like any ever post here...)
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:14 pm

i got brohg to tag my bard for jolly pillagers. werd up
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gargamellow » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:29 pm

Were you an original JP??

If not, I am removing you.
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:28 pm

nope. just had a lot of friends and want to keep it alive for nostalgia's sake like selket and i do for scions of veeshan. considering i'm probably one of a few people left on the server that even know wtf jolly pillagers was, and actually grouped around with the members while i was in crimson tempest, i think i deserve to put the guild tag on my lvl 44 bard ~.~

i'm sure the other four people left on the JP roster that haven't logged in since january 07 will be crushed :p
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gargamellow » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:14 pm

Actually JP is only for old school members and just knowing them does not constitue ability to join SoV was a different guild entirely. I was in it as well. I know Selket very well, also. So no, people who want to keep JP alive are me and the other original members and only for our own sake.

BTW I am the only active officer in the JP and I care.

Sorry, I love you. But the rules are the rules!!!!!!!!!
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:15 pm

wow
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby 10sun » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:38 pm

wts power trip
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Gargamellow » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:16 pm

UM HI it isn't MY GUILD. I just run it in the absence of Jilena.
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:00 am

who's jilena? she's not on the roster
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Dylan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:18 am

drem you dont even know the guild u werent in it ok just leave
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drem » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:29 am

i'm hangin out with fuffalo again these days. only figured out it was him after he saw my SoV tag on my monk and we started talkin about the old days. and i'm pretty sure similar situations would happen if the JP tag was running around. but whatever. be a bunch of freaks about it. keep it to your four person roster of people that don't even play anymore. i don't really care. i was just doing it to be nice /shrug
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gargamellow » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:18 am

Jilena is the creator of JP dude ROFL.

I can't believe you don't know Jilena and claim to love the old schoolers. dork...
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby belfior » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Who the fuck still plays I need a friends list assdicks.
------
Punch yourself!
Fagarctik/Arctik 60 shm/war on tzvz
Arnay-> 40 RP Warhammer
Arctik-> 70 Priest WoW
Belfior -> 65 SK EQ
belfior
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby brinstar » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:15 pm

iks shd need no friends