I'm out of EQ

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:47 pm

i make perfect sense to anyone with a brain

Nice attempt at a burn.

This following comment has nothing to do with anything I said:

dude...leveling has become easy, but there are a billion things people weren't able to do because they weren't able to level...

So please...if I wanted you to open your mouth I would have dangled a hamburger in front of it.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:09 pm

I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

Ginz, you still playing on Draenor? Surprised you haven't dragged Spif to WOWland.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:13 pm

I did. He played a lock until level 51 then quit to go back to EQ. He missed being hardcore and in Euphoria. My guild on WoW is on top but he didn't know anyone so he felt out of place. That and no one really wants to waste their time PL'ing a level 51 lock that they don't know.

So he gave me the lock. So now I have a 60 rogue and a 56 lock. I don't really have the time to level him though because what little time I have when I am not raiding i spend with my GF.

Come to draenor. Stop being stupid.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:27 pm

Ginzburgh wrote:
WoW isn't half the game that EQ1 is

it looks 100000x better, runs smoother, etc etc but has fuck all for replayability

Everquest - Released March 16, 1999
World of Warcraft - Released November 23, 2004

A four year head start does wonders for "replayability". See you in 2011. Maybe WoW will have guild halls by then!

You're missing my point

back in original EQ, you could do the same dungeon for a couple nights and not hit every single part of the zone

in WoW, you do a dungeon in 1 hour or less, and youv'e killed every single mob in the zone, and never want to return again
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:32 pm

in WoW, you do a dungeon in 1 hour or less, and youv'e killed every single mob in the zone, and never want to return again

Ahh I see. You never saw the WoW end game. I can understand the frustration.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:36 pm

Ginzburgh wrote:

Ahh I see. You never saw the WoW end game. I can understand the frustration.

you have 0 clue~

Was in one of the first 10 or so horde guilds to clear MC

quit 6ish months ago(before BWL opened) in full giantstalker

also played about a year or so of beta before that

wow was fun leveling once on each faction. after that it was picking shards of glass out of my eyes
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:38 pm

So you cleared MC in one hour or less?

quit 6ish months ago(before BWL opened) in full giantstalker

Pitty you didn't stick around for BWL
Real pitty you didn't stick around for Ahn Qiraj
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:40 pm

Ginzburgh wrote:

So you cleared MC in one hour or less?

mc is down to about 2 hours now

I'm obviously not referring to MC you stupid fuck, but rather the average dungeons in WoW

I'm sure you'd understand why EQ is better if you'd actually reached the endgame of it as well
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:45 pm

I'm obviously not referring to MC you stupid fuck

Ok so I guess you were wrong.

And if I am stupid, I guess I'm pretty flattered you quoted me in your sig.

Scroll back and look how frothing at the mouth pissed you just got.

Haha, keep rocking cool guy.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:49 pm

I'm sure you'd understand why EQ is better if you'd actually reached the endgame of it as well

Oh and by EQ end game I can only assume you are referring to the end game as it is now. I moved on to better things. Everquest is an archaic game and you are living in the past.

Didn't...you make some pathetic attempt at revamping LoS in WoW? Rofl. I bet a lot of your guildmates would have come with you if the majority of them didn't think you were fucking loser.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:59 pm

Ginzburgh wrote:
Didn't...you make some pathetic attempt at revamping LoS in WoW?

nope~

keeping talking out your ass though
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:02 pm

Sure............................................

BTW. This all started as an invite to Lyion to join my back in WoW.

Then the EQ fanboi's starting doing backflips and bleeding from the eyes.

Get a grip. It's a game.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:44 pm

You actually have a good discussion here, sans the personal attacks, ya know.

If you want to make it nasty, at least post pics of girlfriends and cars, plz~

Or, just argue real EQ vs WOW vs EQ2, etc which is a valid discussion...
Last edited by Lyion on Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:47 pm

seriously, feel free to address how the replayability of the WoW dungeons compares to EQ
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:51 pm

WoW has the replayability of tic tac toe
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:06 pm

not really

I've played Tic Tac Toe more than 2 or 3 times before getting bored
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:13 pm

My take. I've played WOW on 4 servers for about 11 months total. I have played about 3 years of EQ, including the last month and a half or so.

WOW when I started was fun out of the box. The game was friendly and easy to get into. I levelled my Mage to 45. Took a break. Levelled another Mage to 60 on a PVP server and raided and PVPed. Questing, fighting, grouping, and levelling were easy and fun.

I levelled a Paladin to 55 and a Rogue to 40 on Alliance side.

Levelling was fun for WOW, but after levelling a char to 50+ on both sides it's tedious relevelling. The content and zones just are not there for relevelling. It's akin to relevelling early in EQ, where it's just a rush to get there.

Game Design WOW is streamlined, fun, easy to do things and much, much more casual friendly. The PVP is fun, if a bit light and fluffy.

EQ is deeper, has a ton more content, a lot more to do, but is very stinted with groups and content and not very casual friendly.

Finding a group on any of the WOW servers was no trouble. Finding something to do was easier.

Finding different and unique things is much, much easier in EQ just because of the astronomical amount of content and the more varied and deeper class structure.

WOW needs depth and content to allow for the variety of things to do that EQ has.

EQ needs the ease and casual friendliness WOW has that allows for someone to play and be productive in a shorter period of time. EQ also is the king of the grind. WOW has endgame grind. EQ has endless grind.

The design documents are vastly different with WOW encompassing more playstyles, but EQ being more for the timesinks and variety.

I think in the end the game is moreso who you are with. EQ was fun when I was with Euph. WOW was fun on Frostwolfe. Both got old, but WOW got older quicker due to the content. Returning to EQ was asstastic compared to WOW since EQ is NOT casual or solo friendly.

I'm sorry for the wild tangent, but it's just a random bunch of thoughts on both games
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:22 pm

And I hear you on most of them

When I first came back to EQ, it was a shock in how much longer it took to get shit done

once I was back up 2boxing and no longer had to rely on anyone it was great again

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed teh shit out of WoW the first time I hit each new zone, but I never ever managed to get a twink up past lvl 14 because redoing all the exact same content over again was boring me

EQ was always big enough that there were 2 or 3 different places to XP for every level range, and in each of those zones were 4 or 5 interesting spots

all the WoW dungeons are super linear
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:04 pm

I can agree that there isn't much solo / small group action in wow. It's a big gripe the "casual" players are always complaining about in the general forum.

However, I only log on when I need to:

Gather materials for potions during raids and raids themselves. So I probably put in less time per week than the average "casual" player.

The guild I am currently in is productive and we are moving through Ahn Qiraj at a pretty decent pace. So when I log on I usually enjoy myself.

But I'll be the first to admit there were times after MC and BWL were on farm status that it became boring. But I only log on 10-15 hours a week so I don't get THAT bored.

I agree the game lacks content. But it's young. There is a new dungeon coming soon. Between Ahn Qiraj and the new dungeon that should provide enough content to get us to the first expansion. The first expansion is an entirely new continent and 10 more levels so hopefully that will be huge.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:18 pm

"huge" means 2 more days of grinding to max level and MAYBE 2 weeks until the whole continent is made irrelevent and everyone has beaten everything.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Darcler » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:29 pm

I found that if you level a char to 60 and you take FOREVER in the 50's, then you just fart around for a couple months, it isnt AS boring to reroll another character. It's just the first 15 levels kill me.

I havent beat everything. I've never been to many of the high end instances. I just went to ZG for the first time the other day and I couldnt even tell you where UBRS is.
I dont have the mindset of "I must beat everything as soon as possible" because that is a huge funsuck. I play with a couple people who are enjoyable to play with and randomly go to instances. Or I just dont log in. I'm bored with life lately.
/blurt
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Tikker » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:16 pm

Ginzburgh wrote:I can agree that there isn't much solo / small group action in wow. It's a big gripe the "casual" players are always complaining about in the general forum.

there's not a lot of content period though

we'd log in for 3ish hours on tuesdays and clear MC

thursdays we'd take out 10-15 mins and go whack onyxia

rest of the week? nothing to do unless we happened to catch one of the 2 outdoor mobs up

If you could make EQ look like WoW I'd be thrilled~
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:18 am

there's not a lot of content period though

You mean there wasn't a lot of content. You said yourself you quit before BWL. The game has changed immensely since then.

The only real downtime I had like that was the period when BWL and MC were on farm status and we were waiting for AQ to come out. We'd take MC one night, BWL another night and that was it for the 40 man raids. Then on our off days we would hit ZG up because people always need things from ZG, like Head/Legs enchants.

So during that period I took advantage of the extra downtime to show my GF some TLC. As soon as the AQ gates were opened we're back to the mon,wed,fri,sun raid schedule. Between those times I'm usually gathering mats for pots and such.

So now we have:

MC
Ony
4 dragons - outdoor raid mobs
The original outdoor raid mobs
ZG
BWL
AQ20
AQ40

Then there is farming rep for faction for nice loots and or trade skill recipes.

At this point in the game there isn't enough time to do everything. At least not for someone who works 9-5. So imo there is never a lack of something "fun" to do. Because all those places I just mentioned are fun (maybe with the exception of MC which we have done 2987398472974983274 times).

So now we'll have that new dungeon coming out before the expansion and the expansion itself, which like I said before will probably be "huge".

huge" means 2 more days of grinding to max level and MAYBE 2 weeks until the whole continent is made irrelevant and everyone has beaten everything.

Maybe one or two freaks will grind to max level in two days but the majority of the population will take weeks if not months.

And saying "everyone" will beat the whole continent in two weeks is a great exaggeration. AQ (which is just one dungeon while the new continent will have several) has been out since January, it is now mid March and no one has completed the entire dungeon.

And I am sure the new continent will provide a much larger challenge considering the prerequisite for entering many of those zones is level 70, which will take awhile. So maybe a handful of people in a raiding guild will get 70 in a week, in a raiding guild you need 40 people and the raid goes only as fast as it's slowest person.

I think most of you are just WoW haters, you don’t want to leave EQ which is fine. But don't pretend to know everything about WoW because if you don't play now, you don't know everything. That just leads to making false accusations, which makes it obvious to everyone that you're arguments are for the most part, emotionally exaggerated and generally incorrect
Last edited by Ginzburgh on Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ginzburgh » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:23 am

But...if you don't want to raid or PVP, don't bother playing because as I stated a couple posts ago, there is not much to do for the "casual" player in a small group/solo encounter.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:00 am

Ginzburgh wrote:So now we have:

MC
Ony
4 dragons - outdoor raid mobs
The original outdoor raid mobs
ZG
BWL
AQ20
AQ40

MC + Onyxia + original outdoor raid mobs + ZG is 1 night worth of content

but this is kind of not really what I'm getting at

In EQ if every raid mob was dead, there was still some interesting single group content. there was still some neat clickable items, or situational items worth having that you could spend time camping

that just doesn't exist in WoW

They did add the PvP battlegrounds which are immensely better done than the EQ pvp zones
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Everquest General Discussion