The Combine Server

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Tikker » Wed May 10, 2006 4:35 pm

I really enjoyed a lot of the old painful stuff

part of it was that as a rogue, you could wander around pretty much unmolested if you were careful

for some twisted reason, some of the things I found the most enjoyable were the recoveries from wipes

unless you're oldschool, you don't remember keeping a second set of armour and weapons in the bank that you could put on to go fight down to your corpses and start over, heh

I remember when Kaesora was new, and we wiped in the church
6 of us, using summoned armour, and old Ykesha's had to fight all the way back down and recover, it was awesome

also, having a good team of rogues able to drag a 50 man raid across an entire zone in under 3 mins was always something we used to take pride in

I think the big diff between successful guilds and the lesser guilds was the speed in which youcould recover from a wipe
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Wed May 10, 2006 4:39 pm

Tikker wrote:I really enjoyed a lot of the old painful stuff

part of it was that as a rogue, you could wander around pretty much unmolested if you were careful

for some twisted reason, some of the things I found the most enjoyable were the recoveries from wipes

unless you're oldschool, you don't remember keeping a second set of armour and weapons in the bank that you could put on to go fight down to your corpses and start over, heh

I remember when Kaesora was new, and we wiped in the church
6 of us, using summoned armour, and old Ykesha's had to fight all the way back down and recover, it was awesome

also, having a good team of rogues able to drag a 50 man raid across an entire zone in under 3 mins was always something we used to take pride in

I think the big diff between successful guilds and the lesser guilds was the speed in which youcould recover from a wipe

It's funny, because we basically avoid wipes completely nowadays.. if things start going bad all you have to do now is blur the mob. and i remember CT recoveries back in the day always consisted of a necro or two mass-summoning with their velious robes
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gidan » Wed May 10, 2006 5:03 pm

I remember it being a pain keeping 3 and 4 sets of gear in the bank, it had such limited space to begin with.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gaazy » Wed May 10, 2006 5:11 pm

ill play casually during weeknights if im not too exhausted from work, which will prob put me playin at 2-3 days a week. No sunlight will be missed this summer either~
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Previous

Return to Everquest General Discussion