The Combine Server

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

The Combine Server

Postby Xaiveir » Wed May 10, 2006 12:02 pm

Yes i know there is a thread for this already. But i wanted to break this up alittle. Im thinking of making a guild on the server (yes i will be playing), and i was wondering who is actually seriously thinking of playing on the server. I dont want to hear why you are not going to play, or have a discussion about the server, just who is going to play it, and who is interested in starting up a guild when the server opens in June.

Having a pre made guild ready for when it opens will give us a great advantage in Leveling and grouping capabilities.

Post if you are leaning on playing there.
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Lyion » Wed May 10, 2006 12:13 pm

Let me spare you the pain.

This is what will happen with wide open NT membership:

First, you'll get a bunch who sign up. About 1/3 might show up. A week later you'll be subdivided with the lifers and the casuals each in their own group, with a few tag alongs like Ralf who play once a month.

Next, some chick will create tension and strife in typical NT attention ho faction causing the guild to crater and be reformed or regurgatited or possibly just reviled.

Finally, you'll get a small group who form a hardcore click that does well, but is the consistent scorn of many due to being elitists pricks for actually being good at the game. Another NT ho will cause this group to die due to the fact one of the hardcore people will realize trim is greater than redoing 6 year old EQ content and leave.

At the end you'll have wasted between 1 day and 1 year and realize this is a complete asstastic treadmilling game not close to the depth or fun of EQ2, WOW, or even Battleship and leave en masse.

Do yourself a favor and be Pauls sloppy seconds before putting yourself through the pain of trying to fight the EQ level and drama wars with an open NT guild again.

:bluegrab:
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby 10sun » Wed May 10, 2006 12:17 pm

Only if I can lead and it is called <Drama Queens>
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Tae-Bo » Wed May 10, 2006 12:25 pm

lyion wrote:Let me spare you the pain.

First, you'll get a bunch who sign up. About 1/3 might show up. A week later you'll be subdivided with the lifers and the casuals each in their own group, with a few tag alongs like Ralf who play once a month.

Next, some chick will create tension and strife in typical NT attention ho faction causing the guild to crater and be reformed or regurgatited or possibly just reviled.

Finally, you'll get a small group who form a hardcore click that does well, but is the consistent scorn of many due to being elitists pricks for actually being good at the game. Another NT ho will cause this group to die due to the fact one of the hardcore people will realize trim is greater than redoing 6 year old EQ content and leave.

At the end you'll have wasted between 1 day and 1 year and realize this is a complete asstastic treadmilling game not close to the depth or fun of EQ2, WOW, or even Battleship and leave en masse.

Do yourself a favor and be Pauls sloppy seconds before putting yourself through the pain of trying to fight the EQ level and drama wars with an open NT guild again.

moral of the story : fuck them ho's
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Zanchief » Wed May 10, 2006 12:34 pm

This made me smile cause it's pretty much exactly what happened to The Nameless.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby DangerPaul » Wed May 10, 2006 12:39 pm

lyion wrote:Do yourself a favor and be Pauls sloppy seconds before putting yourself through the pain of trying to fight the EQ level and drama wars with an open NT guild again.

laffo

Btw Xav, I may consider playing it, depending how hard core you are going. Summer is beginning after all, and I for one do not plan on spending it hiding from my friend the sun. Then again, the weather does suck alot and dating too many women is driving me batshit crazy.
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gidan » Wed May 10, 2006 12:39 pm

That sounds about right.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Bitonthus » Wed May 10, 2006 12:56 pm

I will be playing on the server so count me in
Bitonthus
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Naethyn » Wed May 10, 2006 1:31 pm

I will be playing also. Ranger!
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Xaiveir » Wed May 10, 2006 1:46 pm

DangerPaul wrote:
lyion wrote:Do yourself a favor and be Pauls sloppy seconds before putting yourself through the pain of trying to fight the EQ level and drama wars with an open NT guild again.

laffo

Btw Xav, I may consider playing it, depending how hard core you are going. Summer is beginning after all, and I for one do not plan on spending it hiding from my friend the sun. Then again, the weather does suck alot and dating too many women is driving me batshit crazy.

I dont plan on playing it hardcore. That would be up to the people. I have baseball all year, so i cant be hardcore. I just want to use it to have a group of people i already know, and can help progress through the game. Im all for doing raids once high enough, but im not going to have it all LoS hardcore mandatory stuff.
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby DangerPaul » Wed May 10, 2006 1:53 pm

When does this release and can someone find me the download site for eq again?

Think I need another necro since they were oh so powerful... oh wait, lol. But I love them none the less.
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gidan » Wed May 10, 2006 2:08 pm

I would be tempted to play just to do good old Fear raids again.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Xaiveir » Wed May 10, 2006 2:12 pm

Fear Raids were a blast. Alot of the old content when it was challenging was fun as hell.
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Wed May 10, 2006 2:13 pm

No, you remember it being fun as hell. Actually doing it is a completely different experience.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Xaiveir » Wed May 10, 2006 2:16 pm

No i actually thought the challenge win or lose was fun...but thats just me.
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby 10sun » Wed May 10, 2006 2:17 pm

Indeed Zanchief.

I cannot stomach even clearing Fear these days with 2 groups, I end up going afk for half the time to avoid them in fact.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Gidan » Wed May 10, 2006 2:18 pm

I actually enjoyed it at the time, hell I even though those bad nights where you died 15 times just trying to get in were fun. It was the challege I enjoyed. Just running over shit was no fun at all.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Naethyn » Wed May 10, 2006 2:18 pm

im playing a ranger on nameless atm. wish i had started it a long long time ago.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Xaiveir » Wed May 10, 2006 2:19 pm

Running over shit is when the game got old. Actually having to have everyone on the same page....like a fear raid....was deffinatly fun.

Hell i was soloing in fear the other night because i had nothing else to do.
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tossica » Wed May 10, 2006 2:29 pm

Fear was my favorite zone in the game. I remember when it first opened, you could zone in at any level so we had twinks camped in there to loot armor drops. Full Valorium on a lvl 15 Paladin! haha
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Wed May 10, 2006 2:31 pm

Clearing fear zzz

Boss fights $$

Random teleports $$

Corpse runs that lasted hours :cry:
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Myg0t » Wed May 10, 2006 2:42 pm

that sounds like every guild ever made
Captain_Insano wrote: It's also Abraham Lincoln's fault for freeing the slaves. Had he been shot earlier black people wouldn't have email accounts and internet access.
Myg0t
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Naethyn » Wed May 10, 2006 2:51 pm

dalnir was my favorite zone of all time.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Dylan » Wed May 10, 2006 4:28 pm

I like EC orc2, perfect spawn once you break them up into seperate spawns, and the zone line is right there!
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drem » Wed May 10, 2006 4:34 pm

Xaiveir wrote:Running over shit is when the game got old. Actually having to have everyone on the same page....like a fear raid....was deffinatly fun.

The game is still like that, btw. The raid encounters now are a lot more intricate and fun to play than they were before. We just dropped Daosheen a week ago or so and that fight was pretty cool :x
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Next

Return to Everquest General Discussion