when did you start and quit?

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

when did you start and quit?

Postby Alphonso » Tue May 30, 2006 7:40 am

Just curious, and possibly who your characters were since it seems nobody uses their eq names as handles anymore.. it confuses the slow people ( like me)

myself- oct 99 my brother and I created a druid named phirexz and ksed the hell out of hadden until around 2001 when i got my own account and made alphonso.

Sadly im still playing this f***ing game as my sk. Im hoping that the wii will break my habit however.

and if there was already a thread like this someone call me a dumbass and post a link pls and :owned: me
Alphonso
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Reynaldo » Tue May 30, 2006 9:12 am

Started fall of 1999 on Veeshan server as a cleric, brother played a bard on Mith Marr server. We both got stuck at level 22ish cause we'd always die and lose the xp we had gained, so we decided to just team up as one character (Polonious on Nameless).

We quit in 2004 due to lack of interest, but started up again sometime around summer 2005 I guess.

Inactive as of about 3 months ago right now cause of time constraints, but hopefully can play more by the end of the Summer before Vanguard comes out, then play that casually.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lyion » Tue May 30, 2006 9:24 am

I started with a group of friends from UO Pacific in Beta.

Initially went to Cazic Thule the day EQ was released in early 99. Levelled an SK to 48, but all my UO friends quit and went back.

Created Lyion the day Nameless popped up, and played until late 01, when I joined DAOC beta.

The easiest way to quit EQ is to not play for a year. You'll be so far behind, it'll leave you no choice.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gidan » Tue May 30, 2006 9:41 am

Started in 99, cant for the life of me remember what server I started on, moved to the nameless shortly after it opened and created Gidan, recreated the shaman I played on the previous server and didn't get into it, went back to Gidan.

Quit in 2004 (I think) and played on an off again since then. Finally retired Gidan and Diomedus forever (probably) in 2005. I pay for a month every 6 months or so but dont think I could ever go back being so far behind.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby The Kizzy » Tue May 30, 2006 9:45 am

I started on Nameless shortly after it opened. I had a Shaman named Soradina I think. I didn't like her or something and I deleted her and created my cleric Silvestra. I retired when Tucker got us into WoW Beta
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Phlegm » Tue May 30, 2006 11:01 am

Started on 2/00 and quitted playing on 12/01.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gargamellow » Tue May 30, 2006 11:31 am

march 6 2000

and going and going and going...
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tossica » Tue May 30, 2006 1:26 pm

I started on Fennin Ro as a wizard named Focasa. I hit lvl 46 and then the Nameless came up so all my RL friends made the switch. I made Tossica and then about a year later made Kutt. I played until some time in 03.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue May 30, 2006 1:38 pm

Started in 2000 on a druid named Stormiyee.. broke up with my bf at the time whose account she was on and waited to get my own comp to play. Created Gyps Jan 10 2001

Retired Oct 2004.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gaazy » Tue May 30, 2006 3:09 pm

started a human pally named Garebelic shortly after nameless opened, then after a few years started monk named Gaazy. Played on and off for a long time, then somewhere after PoP retired for good and then a few months back played here and there and still do when im not too tired from work.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Tue May 30, 2006 3:22 pm

Came from the Europa server in UO to nameless in late 99

played a ranger named Callandryl for a bit, then swapped to a cleric (Damer) when the group of friends I was playing with decided that 3 rangers, a paladin, a druid and enc wasn't really too balanced

fired up Tikker the gnome rogue when Kunark opened so that I could see the newbie zones there and just fell in love with the class

played pretty harcore until early in Luclin then attempted to retire, but returned within the month because I was living with my brother who was playing hardcore and while i was "retired" i'd basically just sit beside him and watch

played hardcore again until mid-pop when conflict caused a real retirement
6 months later veneficus lured me out to play again and played until the end of GoD when my GF became pregnant and quit for good

i've since fired up my account 4 months ago, and have played probably 5 hours in total since then

thinking about it, I should probably cancel that account again, jeje
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Tue May 30, 2006 3:42 pm

i started in about feb 2000 as drem the DE SK.. i was friends with a big group of people from OIT that started the circle of wrath guild... arizo, istar, veneficus, draxx, drumdrum, eternal, etc. played until the gamecube launched. started playing on and off as random ppl... playing now as another sk after having to play catchup for like 3 months :/
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tuggan » Tue May 30, 2006 4:46 pm

i started EQ right after velious was released, and i would quit everytime something new came around that looked appealing to me... then i get bored of new mmorpg of the month and come back to EQ for a bit. repeat cycle.

tuggan was my first character, and i still have a monk named tuggan. i was just never dedicated enough to get anywhere in EQ, so nobody knows my characters :depressed:
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Yamori » Tue May 30, 2006 4:49 pm

Started with my wiz (Yamori) like 2 months before Kunark came out... Quit during Luclin since the expansion was basically a collection of open air zones with no real story attached to them. Plus AAs meant a shitload more grinding when they first came out, which I was sick of (these were back in the days when level 59 took 1 week to get through if you were a powergamer=p). Ebayed him and his PP for 850$~

Came back around the time the GoD was released and made a beastlord (Boshie), got him up to 70, then quit like a month after OOW came out since I got bored with the game. Ebayed him and his plat for 450$~

Then came back like 2-3 months before DoD came out and dr00d powerleveled a new beastlord (Yamor). Been playing on/off since then (much more on than off these last 2 months), and now he's all ubered up with COA gear and stuff omg. Definitely wont be ebaying this one~ ^~ Being able to solo old Kunark bosses and stuff is funsauce.
-Yamori
AKA ~~Baron Boshie of the Nameless~~
Yamori
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Dylan » Tue May 30, 2006 5:39 pm

Here is the vid of me playing pre-alpha phase EQ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ae-1KuA ... =everquest

And I still play today np
Last edited by Dylan on Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Tue May 30, 2006 8:07 pm

Came over from UO in Dec 99, couple weeks after Tikker. Made Durothil the first night and never really played any other characters. Played pretty hardcore until pc started on fire and I was booted from Euphoria and stopped playing for about 4 months. Came back and joined TFS and was with them until I retired for good in Aug 2004.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Narrock » Tue May 30, 2006 9:46 pm

November or December of 99. Started a female wood elf Druid on the Nameless (upon recommendation of a friend who said people are nicer to you if you're a female character) named Mindia. Quit EQ about 3 or 4 months after Luclin came out because I thought Luclin sucked major ass.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Darcler » Wed May 31, 2006 4:51 pm

Late 99, early 2000.
I created a necro named either Yelhsa or Ashlee, I dont remember. I quit her after 20 levels when my ex made me get my own account.
Then I made Crystul, a bard. I played her until her 40s. But noone saw the beauty of a bard and I wasnt getting groups so I made
Darcler. I played and leveled her until 65 before I picked Crystul up again and leveled her to 69.9.
We quit EQ for good when WoW was released.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Muglack » Wed May 31, 2006 5:19 pm

Muglack, Lord of Ogres, was created March of 2001 I think and was pretty much the only character I played. I played up until about a year and a half ago (with some breaks in between ranging from 1 to 6 months). I think I had the distinction of being the only Ogre that had higher faction in Live side Guk and Felwithe then I did in Oggok (almost typed Ogrimarr teehee).
Muglack
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Snero » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:17 am

wizard named snero on rodcet in fall of 99, when the nameless opened I moved there with a bunch of RL friends and we made a guild. i moved to sanctuary, then to los. I played for 6.5 years and quit 2 months ago
Snero
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby KaiineTN » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:28 am

I can't recall when exactly I started. I think it was two or three months before Nameless came out. I played a bit on Prexus, then Nameless when it was released. First character was a high elf wizard named Alendine, rerolled a necro named Flink before anyone was level 20 on the server though. I quit a couple times over the years, but finally deleted all my toons not too long ago. It's been a month or so I think.
KaiineTN
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Agrajag » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:36 am

Jan 14, 2000. I started Agrajag (shaman) on the Nameless. Also had Aandyan (cleric) and Arrliss (warrior). Quit playing when WoW opened up. I have all three names on Dethecus now. Arrliss (rogue), Aandyan (priest) and Agrajag (hunter). Agrajag is also my hunter's name on Whisperwind. He's only 59, though and I rarely play him anymore.
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jimmy Durante » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:53 am

I started Croft in February of 2000, I believe. After a stint of playing QuakeWorld for several years, I felt like trying something new and fresh and ultimately ended up sticking with it. I quit in the Fall of 2003 due to time constraints.
Jimmy Durante
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Rotj » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:50 pm

played a ton of quake 2: ra2 before starting in late 99. Shaman ogre named Rotj. only got up to level 27. quit after two years of or so with on and off play time and deleted the char. not like anyone would wanna buy him haha. was fun and all but never had the time with RL commitments. enjoyed reading / lurking on Nameless Tavern and the e-drama that it became a bookmark of mine.
Rotj
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Nanumren » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:53 pm

Started in august of '99... I dont really remember when I quit it was like in '03 or '04 something like that. 65 mage - Nanumren of course, I had a 34 monk - Iums, and I believe he was a 59 enchanter - Nanarchy, and some others but I dont really remember what they were and the levels they were ;) .... Good times though... I miss it
<B>Retired Gnome
65 Super Duper Magician
The Nameless</B>
------------------
<B>Elementals beware, for your day of reckoning is at last upon you.</B>
"Gemme yo money, bitch!"
Nanumren
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Next

Return to Everquest General Discussion