when did you start and quit?

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Bodin » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:12 pm

Late Sept of 1999, Made Bodin. First char, only server I played on was Nameless.

Played him till like...the end of 2003 early 2004. retired for a while and killed time playing SWG untill SOE ruined it worse than it was already (for the first time)

Old friends got me back into EQ. I did not wish to play a cleric so I rolled Nidob in August of 2004.
Nidob Sboobnam
Arch Animist of Legacy of Steel
I dont play World Of Warcraft. Instead Im playin Hello Kitty Online Adventures.
Bodin
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Martrae » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:19 pm

Started Martrae in July 2000 and played until right before Luclin came out. Switched to DAoC then and played that for about a year. Took a break from gaming then came back to EQ in 2003 and played for 6 months to a year until EQ2 was released. Been pretty much playing EQ2 since (with a couple WoW breaks that usually only last a month).
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Narrock » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:29 pm

Martrae wrote:Started Martrae in July 2000 and played until right before Luclin came out. Switched to DAoC then and played that for about a year. Took a break from gaming then came back to EQ in 2003 and played for 6 months to a year until EQ2 was released. Been pretty much playing EQ2 since (with a couple WoW breaks that usually only last a month).

I played DAoC for the free month.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Martrae » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:34 pm

Bodin...OMG I remember you :)
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tossica » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:39 pm

Bodin Battlehealer?, I remember he as well.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Burgy99 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:52 pm

I sooo just posted something similiar to this a month ago =p But I guess this is the thread for it.

I started EQ the day Nameless came up in oct 99. Played a half elf ranger and founded the guild Saiyans of Norrath with a dude named Ferrix. Re-rolled a druid because they were amazing back then, and gating out of glitched walls would save me hours of frustration.<--- old Split Paw any one ? Quit him at 50 when Kunark came out in Scions of Veeshan, re rolled as BURGY THE OGRE WARRIOR of greatness with one of the server's first Jade Inlaid Axes. 32/40 in early kunark days was amazing, thanks to a 250k deal with the Kumdaan/Leiel/Ralvien brothers I made :) Burgy spent most of his time in Clouds of Evolution, then in the end I retired him with Remedy when they were first starting Ntov. I took a break at lvl 59, Wooh took over the account and some how Burgy (not played by me) ended up in Mystic Lords. F that.

Playing Stillenx a 67 ranger on Nameless now.
Burgy99
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Bodin » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:32 pm

/wave hihi Martrae n' Toss (Evil gnome) there are many familier faces indeed :)

Burgy99 if I recall Nameless came up in late Sept I thought? When I activated my account the Nameless was the newest one so that was how I ended up here.

My birthday is the 22cd and I swore around the week of my B-Day looking for crapola at Best Buy I saw a cool looking game called Everquest so I picked it up. Bodin's born on date was fubared with the "Crash" so I can't check that way.

Then again maybe it was early Oct, all in the same I suppose.
Nidob Sboobnam
Arch Animist of Legacy of Steel
I dont play World Of Warcraft. Instead Im playin Hello Kitty Online Adventures.
Bodin
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Burgy99 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:54 pm

Pretty sure it was early/mid Oct. I want to say the 14th or 15th. Bodin, were you a halfing or dwarf?
Burgy99
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Bodin » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:00 pm

Human Cleric of Rodcet~!
Bodin
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Burgy99 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:04 pm

ahhhhh. I remember your name, but for some reason my memory is connecting a dorf/assling to it :wink:

Now I wonder what happened to Meepers..
Burgy99
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby xKALECx » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:21 pm

Started in '99 with a Druid named "Spiritwalkor Wovoka". Got him to 50 and sold him. Spent my guild time with "Unity of Faith".

Came back a couple of months later with another druid "Kalec Brotherwolfe" and played him to 60. Was in UoF again for early lvl's then went and joined Ginz and a few others and formed up "Liquid Sword", and then we took the better players of that bunch and merged up with Lyion/Kyo, Arshesnei, and a few other ex "Falcon's Pride"(or whatever they were called) and formed up Euphoria. I shortly retired after the continous ToV standoffs, and came back again to re-join Euphoria for a few months before finally retiring Kalec in late '03.

From that point on I shared a character with a co-worker. Bloodclot the beastlord in Euphoria. I finally called it quits during our Plane of Time raiding in late '04.

I've made a few appearances guildless and lvl'ed up a bard, and rogue up to the mid 50's. Still have an account, but it's been closed for over a year.
Kalec Brotherwolfe - Retired Hierophant of EQ
xKALECx
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Mudcrush Durtfeet » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:33 pm

Started playing on Veeshan in june of 99, moved onto new servers a lot, never high than level 26.

Created Mudcrush when Nameless opened in october 99, joined LoS when it formed. Quit September 2004 (still playing Mudcrush), last original member of LoS to leave.
A founding member of Legacy of Steel
Mudcrush Durtfeet
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Dimuza » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:59 pm

I started as Azumid the erudite cleric sometime in late 99. Like Bodin (Hiya, Manboob!), my born date got screwed up in some kind of crash, when nameless was down for like a week<?> or something. I remember guilds disappearing, too, at some point...

As an erudite with a ....shit, i think I had like a 100mhz pentium 1 machine & a vid card with like 16 megs of ram, starting in toxx forest....I couldn't see a god damned thing at night. When darkness fell, I would find a torch (a tiny blotch of color in the middle of a black, black screen), sit there and wait until morning. I hardly ever saw any other players, so I thought I probably wouldnt play for long. I think I followed some players at some point and found the boat to qeynos, where I was astonished to find other real players. Good times...

I killed so many snakes & rats & shit, and sold all my massive loot at the vendors, that I was able to buy a full suit of store bought leather. ...a nice enchanter named Shashra gave me some jewelry...

I think I was like lvl 20 or something before I realized there was a skill called "channelling" that I ought to look into training up.... uh, my clerical skills stayed around that level :p I quit Az when she got to level 56, went and made a FUN character - Dimuza the sucky monk. Monks do have more fun.

I can't even remember when I quit, it was a while ago. I still log on every now & then to wander around & die to green mobs, in areas far, far below my level :p
Dimuza
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Mop » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:43 pm

I started in Beta with 2 guys I worked with Toby and Matt, then we played on veeshan for a good amount of time, til the server split - They both left and I stayed then mudcrush tlked me into playing on the nameless ( he had been on about 90 servers at that point) so I made Cyni~<3

Uh I quit around the same time that polo / Rey Quit I just lost interest and alot of good friends had quit. I alos couldnt commit to the play times any more and I am OCD with games and I didnt want to just log on and be like hi anyone bored wanna run OS since I can only play for a hour.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Sithos » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:31 am

I started the day Nameless opened. Oct of 99 I believe.First big guild was Sanctuary.During the times of the Dain and such my wife had been in an accident so I took a 4 month break to care for her. Came back and Sanct had poofed. I wandered around guildless for a month then started a guild with Ultangel and a few others. I eventually joined LoS and was with them till about a month or 2 into the next expansion after PoP. Had to quit EQ then due to my wife's various surgeries and having no time to play. Got into WoW beta later but was away for easily 1/2 of it.

I play WoW casually now and am debating dumping MMO's altogether or waiting and hoping to find a game that suits me.
Sithos
NT Oldtimer
NT Oldtimer

Postby Maeya » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:42 am

Hmm. I think I started the summer of 2000 when my roommate, who played a DE Cleric named Liandrin in Crimson Tempest got me into it. I made a druid called Annelies, and later a rogue named Maeya, who became my main. I transferred off The Nameless in early 2004 I think, to play on Zebuxoruk, and left when WOW was released.
Maeya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby kaharthemad » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:47 am

Bodin wrote:/wave hihi Martrae n' Toss (Evil gnome) there are many familier faces indeed :)

Burgy99 if I recall Nameless came up in late Sept I thought? When I activated my account the Nameless was the newest one so that was how I ended up here.

My birthday is the 22cd and I swore around the week of my B-Day looking for crapola at Best Buy I saw a cool looking game called Everquest so I picked it up. Bodin's born on date was fubared with the "Crash" so I can't check that way.

Then again maybe it was early Oct, all in the same I suppose.

good lord yeah I remember you now to come to think of it.
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Bodin » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:21 am

Is that a good or a bad thing Kahar? ;)

The Breasts are here if you care to fondle them Dimuza!
http://namelesstavern.net/album_page.php?pic_id=1557
Bodin
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tossica » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:54 am

I started at the end of Beta. I made a gnome wizard on Fennin Ro named Focasa when the game went live and played with all RL friends for the most part. Fennin Ro was so ridiculously packed with people that my entire guild jumped ship for the Nameless the day it came up. I don't remember exactly when I quit but it was during the peak of Velious if I recall correctly. I came back some time after Luclin was released and played off and on through PoP then quit again.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby runamonk » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:13 am

I started Braeleen (Darkelf Wizard) right when Nameless came up.

Joined up with Sanctuary and hung out with them until shortly before the Fell blow up.

After Braeleen, I created Vaelie (Dark Elf Warrior) and ended up joining Meails guild - man we had a blast LOL.

I then sold Braeleen and Vaelie when they both hit 49 and 50.

I then purchased Zennish (human monk) who was level 20 or 25 and played her up to 60 and joined up with Valorguard and then app'd to SoS and quit the game right after the whole standoff thing LOL, coincidently I got the job I have now (so 5 years ago this next march).

I had some misc characters in between and I cannot for the life of me remember their names. My favorite misc character was my mage.
-
runamonk/Braeleen/Vaelie/Zennish
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Biph_Dawgy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:44 am

Eh i wanna say i started in 99, played through til nov of 05.... i think Biph Dawgy was my 4th char on nameless, i think i made a barbarian warrior, then an elf ranger, then an elf bard then Biph...
Biph_Dawgy
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Snero » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:57 am

runamonk wrote:I started Braeleen (Darkelf Wizard) right when Nameless came up.
After Braeleen, I created Vaelie (Dark Elf Warrior) and ended up joining Meails guild - man we had a blast LOL.

sliver or slivers of fear, he made both guilds. One was just after kunark came out and then he reformed it under the other name a bit later when you joined it. I wonder what ever happened to uvan, he was a good guy
Snero
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby runamonk » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:02 am

Oh yeah Slivers of Fear, that's the one I joined. I had a blast in that guild. We had really messed up perverts there.

Uvan was damn good, I had talked to him a bit after Meail disappeared but I didn't last long after that. I really wanted to get back into Sanctuary but then Fell went all nutters so I quietly ran from the guild then LOL.

Ah those were good times.
-
runamonk/Braeleen/Vaelie/Zennish
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Dimuza » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:35 am

Bodin wrote:
The Breasts are here if you care to fondle them Dimuza!
http://namelesstavern.net/album_page.php?pic_id=1557

:lol:

That was so awesome. I always imagined you being totally thrilled to get the BP (I know at the time, it was a pretty seriously leet item for someine in one of our guilds), turning it in, putting it on...you know, very excited and happy, then turning to your friends.....hey, why are they giggling? aren't they impressed with your new bp? hehehe
Dimuza
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Gargamellow » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:20 pm

I made Sandaini and played..then made Unsane and played, then made Sandirella and played, then played some other char i made along the way...ummm

i would be playing right nbow, but i have no money for eq, i am paying all my bills ahead of time so my december income can go to christmas for my kids

anyway...i love u guys..and i miss eq :cry:
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

PreviousNext

Return to Everquest General Discussion