Is Everquest starting to feel vacant and empty to anyone els

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Is Everquest starting to feel vacant and empty to anyone els

Postby Captain Insano » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:46 am

e?

I knew this day would come...but I have been online quite a bit in the last two weeks and I am finally getting the feeling that the EQ world is becoming a bit barren.

Finding groups or making groups is becoming exceedingly difficult. The most popular zones really never seem to have that many people anymore. And socially not much at all seems to be going on. The /shout /ooc /chat banter is next to non existent.

Is anyone else noticing this or am I crazy? I was online during most of primetime this weekend and most of the server felt like a ghost town.

I hate to say it but I am getting the feeling that EQ is really starting to come to its end in regards to the mainstream playerbase. I am sure it will stick around for a long time to come in order to cater to its dedicated fanbase, but IMO the world of Norrath is in serious decline.

Thoughts?
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Dylan » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:16 am

Could be no one likes you.

I dunno, I usually have stuff to do and get groups within 30 minutes or so :dunno:
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Snero » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:56 am

the problem is with every expantion they add another 5-10 zones. i don't think the player base is dropping that much, but it gets spread out by 10-20 zones a year
Snero
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Maeya » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:11 am

Maybe they need to consolodate servers again.
Maeya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Dylan » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:24 am

Or burn down the hospital.
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gargamellow » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:48 pm

instanced zones place a wedge between players
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Captain Insano » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:08 pm

Dylan wrote:Could be no one likes you.

I dunno, I usually have stuff to do and get groups within 30 minutes or so :dunno:

lol. I knew some assclown would say something like this.

I'm in a solid guild at the moment and forming groups with guildies is easy...but even with the new expansion I have this feeling that its time for a server merge. I look at the popular chat channels, cruising around in PoK and the most popular zones to date and I get the feeling a lot less people are on.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Almegest Victory » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:09 pm

Well...I agree with Snero. It's not the player decreasing, but it's the amount of zones and people being picky on who they group with. For instance, the DoD expansion brought alot of idiots to level 70.

First alot of idiots got 65 when KEI was all levels (kei generation)
Now there's the DoD generation...even bigger idiots.

Personally, I'll try grouping with new people that I haven't grouped with but 9 times out of 10, their gear is ridiculously crappy or they just suck and pretend to knwo everything. Therefore, I try and group with people I hear good of have previously grouped with.
[90 Ashenhand] Almegest Victory<Valorguard>
[85 Juggernaut] Eviscerate<Valorguard>
[80 Arch Animist] Pneumatic Device
[75 Shadowblade] Hundular Rocsolid
[50 Shadow Knight] Yiumadzeni Frenzy
[49 Wizard] Superlative Auras
-----retired----
[56 Templar] Allanh Soultaker
[56 Master] Lurdasam
Almegest Victory
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby dammuzis » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:17 pm

there is what? 1 zone for every 3 people on the server now?

EQ died ages ago
dammuzis
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Agrajag » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:22 pm

Come to the Dark Side, join WoW! You can fight over chest spawns with the gold farmers.
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Captain Insano » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:14 pm

hahahah... I have to admit I am considering retiring from EQ for good. Some of the new expansions have been great, but I still feel its more than people just spread out over a few zones. The game feels vacant and desolate. WoW might be an option. I had hoped for a savior with Vanguard but everyone knows that won't happen anytime soon. I hate to say it but WoW seems like the only game currently and probably in the next year or two with any potential what so ever.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Adivina » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:19 pm

Honestly I am having a lot of fun playing EQ2 lately. I totally lost interest in WoW after my guild plowed through the end game, and then proceeded to redo this night after night, I wasn't even looking forward to the new expansion anymore. I reupped EQ2 and the changes they have made to the game in general are pleasing.
Donnel wrote:
Erodalak wrote:Who needs an education when you are hawt like advina

fixt :P
Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Naethyn » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:21 pm

eq2 owns
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Harrison » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:19 pm

EQ2 is great.

But I can't wait for the Combine server!
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Narrock » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:26 pm

Hasselhoff wrote:hahahah... I have to admit I am considering retiring from EQ for good. Some of the new expansions have been great, but I still feel its more than people just spread out over a few zones. The game feels vacant and desolate. WoW might be an option. I had hoped for a savior with Vanguard but everyone knows that won't happen anytime soon. I hate to say it but WoW seems like the only game currently and probably in the next year or two with any potential what so ever.

I just started WoW again too. lolz I have a hunter this time around.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Captain Insano » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:01 pm

I'm thinking rogue... had a good time with that class last time around. Druid was a snorefest.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Yamori » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:05 pm

Almegest Victory wrote:Well...I agree with Snero. It's not the player decreasing, but it's the amount of zones and people being picky on who they group with. For instance, the DoD expansion brought alot of idiots to level 70.

Personally, I'll try grouping with new people that I haven't grouped with but 9 times out of 10, their gear is ridiculously crappy or they just suck and pretend to knwo everything. Therefore, I try and group with people I hear good of have previously grouped with.

That's pretty much it. I almost never group with people I don't know anymore, since there is a 90% chance they are complete and utter time-wasting idiots. It's gotten to the point that pickup groups pretty much routinely fail at even trivial things, and those that don't are a rare exception.

I only use LFG list if the needed class is pretty trivial to play and they are just being used for DPS, or if they have a guild tag that at least gives indication that they don't utterly suck. :P
-Yamori
AKA ~~Baron Boshie of the Nameless~~
Yamori
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Drem » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:42 pm

Yamori wrote:
Almegest Victory wrote:Well...I agree with Snero. It's not the player decreasing, but it's the amount of zones and people being picky on who they group with. For instance, the DoD expansion brought alot of idiots to level 70.

That's pretty much it. I almost never group with people I don't know anymore, since there is a 90% chance they are complete and utter time-wasting idiots. It's gotten to the point that pickup groups pretty much routinely fail at even trivial things, and those that don't are a rare exception.

I only use LFG list if the needed class is pretty trivial to play and they are just being used for DPS, or if they have a guild tag that at least gives indication that they don't utterly suck. :P

Yeah this is all true. I feel that the HHK MM is the biggest reason most people suck now. KEI I don't feel made as big an impact, since it's kind of useful. The HHK MM made a huge throng of lvl 70 people that didn't have any of their skills maxed and had lvl 35 bazaar gear.

I only group with ppl in my guild now... I play with a couple of ppl from NT sometimes, but once you join the 10k/2500+ unbuffed club, you really don't want to group with people with 53 AAs and 7khp buffed. It's nothing personal, it's just a waste of time. Yeah, EQ will remain good for the dedicated players, like Ultima Online. If you're in a big guild raiding a lot then the game is pretty fun unless your guild sucks. I think it would probably suck to come and try to make a new character.

I still think the #1 most over-looked zone in EQ is the Arena. If everyone went there when they were bored instead of sitting at a tree in PoK, I don't think many people would get bored anymore. I re-matched Shpoink and we tied and it was pretty sweet. I could probably duel all day long
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:59 pm

Hasselhoff wrote:I'm thinking rogue... had a good time with that class last time around. Druid was a snorefest.

I'm on a PvP Euro server called Haomarush. Way less populated than most of the U.S. servers, but it's populated enough to have some PvP fun.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Captain Insano » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:08 pm

Yamori wrote:

this is the truest thing I have heard in awhile... I formed a couple of pick up groups this weekend and the people were absolute burnout idiots. Most of these idiots didn't even know what buffs to use in a group, let alone understand the basics of their classes.

The monster missions were a huge fucking mistake. After this weekend i'm only grouping with friends/guildies or I'm just not going to play.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Dylan » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:34 pm

Hasselhoff wrote:

I'm in a solid guild at the moment and forming groups with guildies is easy...but even with the new expansion I have this feeling that its time for a server merge. I look at the popular chat channels, cruising around in PoK and the most popular zones to date and I get the feeling a lot less people are on.

Last time I saw you you were "soloing" 68.1 for four hours guildless.
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Dylan » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:39 pm

Drem wrote:
Yamori wrote:

Yeah this is all true. I feel that the HHK MM is the biggest reason most people suck now. KEI I don't feel made as big an impact, since it's kind of useful. The HHK MM made a huge throng of lvl 70 people that didn't have any of their skills maxed and had lvl 35 bazaar gear.

I only group with ppl in my guild now... I play with a couple of ppl from NT sometimes, but once you join the 10k/2500+ unbuffed club, you really don't want to group with people with 53 AAs and 7khp buffed. It's nothing personal, it's just a waste of time. Yeah, EQ will remain good for the dedicated players, like Ultima Online. If you're in a big guild raiding a lot then the game is pretty fun unless your guild sucks. I think it would probably suck to come and try to make a new character.

I still think the #1 most over-looked zone in EQ is the Arena. If everyone went there when they were bored instead of sitting at a tree in PoK, I don't think many people would get bored anymore. I re-matched Shpoink and we tied and it was pretty sweet. I could probably duel all day long

Sucks that I'm stuck in between the 10khp unbuffed and 7khp buffed groups. Half the time I'm with a group that clears the nest is less than half an hour, then the other half I'm wiping in creator three times a group :(
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gaazy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:44 pm

i was all back into EQ there for a while, now its boring as FUCK to log on and sit LFG for a long time. That and its summertime now and I dont play for shit between work and drinking and camping
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Darcler » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:26 pm

Drem wrote:
Yamori wrote:

My bard is 69 with like 60 AA and I think under 7k buffed. I'm not a bad player, I just have sux gear. Does this mean I cant hang out with you? :(
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Captain Insano » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:34 pm

Dylan wrote:
Hasselhoff wrote:

Last time I saw you you were "soloing" 68.1 for four hours guildless.

yah guild was at max capacity clearing Yxxcatta or however you spell it. I got the invite from the merger later that night.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Next

Return to Everquest General Discussion