Is Everquest starting to feel vacant and empty to anyone els

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Captain Insano » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:35 pm

Gaazy wrote:i was all back into EQ there for a while, now its boring as FUCK to log on and sit LFG for a long time. That and its summertime now and I dont play for shit between work and drinking and camping

I think I'm going to give EQ another week and see how I feel about it. I sense that my time with the game is coming to a final close.
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gaazy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:53 pm

yeah same here, was fun while it lasted, but im jus tnot feelin it anymore
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:32 pm

Hasselhoff wrote:
Gaazy wrote:i was all back into EQ there for a while, now its boring as FUCK to log on and sit LFG for a long time. That and its summertime now and I dont play for shit between work and drinking and camping

I think I'm going to give EQ another week and see how I feel about it. I sense that my time with the game is coming to a final close.

Buy a Euro version of WoW on Ebay. Join my pirate crew.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Dylan » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:16 pm

And give me your eq account, I need another dps to box :hiphop:
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drem » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:55 pm

Darcler wrote:My bard is 69 with like 60 AA and I think under 7k buffed. I'm not a bad player, I just have sux gear. Does this mean I cant hang out with you? :(

I only log on for raids when I wake up in the morning ~ ~
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:51 pm

PS: if you want ot have more fun with EQ, don't play with Goosse or people that act like him. I seriously almost broke shit around my house whenever I had to play with him. He tells you EVERYTHING. TAG NOW. DOn'T FUCKING WALK FORWARD WHA TTHE FUCK. and he gets pissed like that, seriously, to the point where I feel like he's crying IRL because the group wiped. He's just one of those players that doesn't think for 2 seconds before they type shit. THere's a lot of "WTF" followed by "oh i didn't know that..." Things like that are STUPID and make the game a billion times less enjoyable. He was getting pissed at me for walking forward in fucking MPG on the way to some trial. Like the balance of the universe was in jeopardy if I walked 7 feet forward. And pulling, ugh, he had skill at it but monk pulling is really the slowest and least-effecient way of pulling zones nowadays and he would never let anyone get near pulling if he was there. Like he was platinum-certified puller and no one else could touch his shit. Those are the kinds of players that piss me off. They piss me off way more than a lvl 67 roadman with 33 AAs that isn't a boisterous asshole.

I like being in groups where nobody talks. Where people don't have ego problems and show you their HP/AC and how many AAs they have every time you see them, because NOBODY FUCKING CARES. I like groups where everyone already knows what they're supposed to do and then when you do talk, it's about things people actually care about. Not just talking and bitching about EQ itself.

The game is still as fun for me as it was 5 years ago, it just took me a long long time to find the niche of players that I fit in with the best. I think most of us that still play have found our niches now and we're all probably happy. I'm glad we didn't try to make an NT guild.

And sorry to Goosse, because I like chatting with you but I really can't stand to be in a group with you.
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:10 pm

Drem wrote:PS: if you want ot have more fun with EQ, don't play with Goosse or people that act like him. I seriously almost broke shit around my house whenever I had to play with him. He tells you EVERYTHING. TAG NOW. DOn'T FUCKING WALK FORWARD WHA TTHE FUCK. and he gets pissed like that, seriously, to the point where I feel like he's crying IRL because the group wiped. He's just one of those players that doesn't think for 2 seconds before they type shit. THere's a lot of "WTF" followed by "oh i didn't know that..." Things like that are STUPID and make the game a billion times less enjoyable. He was getting pissed at me for walking forward in fucking MPG on the way to some trial. Like the balance of the universe was in jeopardy if I walked 7 feet forward. And pulling, ugh, he had skill at it but monk pulling is really the slowest and least-effecient way of pulling zones nowadays and he would never let anyone get near pulling if he was there. Like he was platinum-certified puller and no one else could touch his shit. Those are the kinds of players that piss me off. They piss me off way more than a lvl 67 roadman with 33 AAs that isn't a boisterous asshole.

I like being in groups where nobody talks. Where people don't have ego problems and show you their HP/AC and how many AAs they have every time you see them, because NOBODY FUCKING CARES. I like groups where everyone already knows what they're supposed to do and then when you do talk, it's about things people actually care about. Not just talking and bitching about EQ itself.

The game is still as fun for me as it was 5 years ago, it just took me a long long time to find the niche of players that I fit in with the best. I think most of us that still play have found our niches now and we're all probably happy. I'm glad we didn't try to make an NT guild.

And sorry to Goosse, because I like chatting with you but I really can't stand to be in a group with you.

I never grouped with Goosse, and I don't have anything against him personally, but I have grouped with people who act exactly as you described. It does take away from the "fun factor" of the game when you play with high-strung egomaniacs like that. I can't stand people who think they have what it takes to "take charge" of the group, start ordering people around, and getting pissed off at everybody for not being perfect. Flippett was the same way. He's a real life friend, but was a royal pain in the ass to play the game with. People need to learn how to relax more and not take gaming so seriously.

Occasionally, you're going to group with a bunch of noobs who haven't "learned the ropes" so to say, and they need some help playing their class better. But ordering veteran players around, like you're Napoleon on the rampage, is extremely annoying and is going to earn you the reputation of having poor leadership skills.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Darcler » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:34 pm

Hey, I'm about to log on, someone tag me into a guild.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Captain Insano » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:45 pm

Drem wrote:PS: if you want ot have more fun with EQ, don't play with Goosse or people that act like him. I seriously almost broke shit around my house whenever I had to play with him. He tells you EVERYTHING. TAG NOW. DOn'T FUCKING WALK FORWARD WHA TTHE FUCK. and he gets pissed like that, seriously, to the point where I feel like he's crying IRL because the group wiped. He's just one of those players that doesn't think for 2 seconds before they type shit. THere's a lot of "WTF" followed by "oh i didn't know that..." Things like that are STUPID and make the game a billion times less enjoyable. He was getting pissed at me for walking forward in fucking MPG on the way to some trial. Like the balance of the universe was in jeopardy if I walked 7 feet forward. And pulling, ugh, he had skill at it but monk pulling is really the slowest and least-effecient way of pulling zones nowadays and he would never let anyone get near pulling if he was there. Like he was platinum-certified puller and no one else could touch his shit. Those are the kinds of players that piss me off. They piss me off way more than a lvl 67 roadman with 33 AAs that isn't a boisterous asshole.

I can see where you are coming from, because you know how to play.

In a sense though I would side with goosse's tactics. The simple fact is that the current state of most player's skills are fucking awful.

I can't count how many godamn times people running around chain aggroed mobs and fucked up pulls and caused my group to wipe.

I personally can't stand groups where someone isn't taking charge. Groups that have no direction are slow, plodding and tend to be huge clusterfucks.

You know what you are doing so listening to someone direct traffic could be annoying, but the fact is that you are in the far minority of people left that know how to actually play the game.

Anyways... I logged on for a bit the other night and I can feel it... My interest is really going fast for EQ. One of the things that kept me around for the longest time was the friends/community aspect; now everything just feels like a grind or routine.

Log on/do predetermined raid/mission, don't socialize much, log off.

/snore

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:17 pm

Yeah to be fair I feel he is like that because he's in a guild with ppl that he has to teach how to play so that kind of x-fers to all groups. The groups I'm in where no one talks about what we're doing is because we all already know what to do. We can throw a group together and blow through a nest run in 25 minutes with 0 wipes and never have said a word about anything except making fun of eachother etc.

When you group with people that don't know the ins-and-outs I guess you have to be a firm motherfucker with them. I just don't group with people like that anymore, so when I group with an egoboss I get really annoyed really fast.

And when I just repeat that grind I really don't mind... every day is going to be hilarious just because of our /gu chat. We could be farming snow bunnies in EW and I'd still have fun. Fuck Sutiea for saying this guild would suck! :-x
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Dylan » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:18 pm

Everyone in EQ right now should go ahead and put all members of Knights of Shadowthorne on ignore. Biggest bunch of tards ever to play the game and all of them think they are tough shit cause they know how to log on to Allakhazam and look shit up.
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Captain Insano » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:30 am

hahah who are the Knights of Shadowthorne? I've never heard of them?

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Almegest Victory » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:53 am

Dylan wrote:Everyone in EQ right now should go ahead and put all members of Knights of Shadowthorne on ignore. Biggest bunch of tards ever to play the game and all of them think they are tough shit cause they know how to log on to Allakhazam and look shit up.

:lol:
[90 Ashenhand] Almegest Victory<Valorguard>
[85 Juggernaut] Eviscerate<Valorguard>
[80 Arch Animist] Pneumatic Device
[75 Shadowblade] Hundular Rocsolid
[50 Shadow Knight] Yiumadzeni Frenzy
[49 Wizard] Superlative Auras
-----retired----
[56 Templar] Allanh Soultaker
[56 Master] Lurdasam
Almegest Victory
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Jay » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:58 am

Narrock wrote:

I never grouped with Goosse, and I don't have anything against him personally, but I have grouped with people who act exactly as you described. It does take away from the "fun factor" of the game when you play with high-strung egomaniacs like that. I can't stand people who think they have what it takes to "take charge" of the group, start ordering people around, and getting pissed off at everybody for not being perfect. Flippett was the same way. He's a real life friend, but was a royal pain in the ass to play the game with. People need to learn how to relax more and not take gaming so seriously.

Occasionally, you're going to group with a bunch of noobs who haven't "learned the ropes" so to say, and they need some help playing their class better. But ordering veteran players around, like you're Napoleon on the rampage, is extremely annoying and is going to earn you the reputation of having poor leadership skills.

Best moment ever in EQ was doing a Velks Lab pit group with Mindia as healer and Tandal was hitting on Mindia the entire time.
Jay

Postby Dylan » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:04 am

Hasselhoff wrote:hahah who are the Knights of Shadowthorne? I've never heard of them?

Worst guild on the server imo. I seriously will see some retard mouthing off in General chat about absolutely nothing important so I put them on ignore or tell them to shut the fuck up, and seriously less than a week later they will be tagged in this guild. Its like a giant magnet for retards, every person on the game right now that pisses me off is in that guild, its mind boggling really.
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:12 am

Drem wrote:Yeah to be fair I feel he is like that because he's in a guild with ppl that he has to teach how to play so that kind of x-fers to all groups. The groups I'm in where no one talks about what we're doing is because we all already know what to do. We can throw a group together and blow through a nest run in 25 minutes with 0 wipes and never have said a word about anything except making fun of eachother etc.

When you group with people that don't know the ins-and-outs I guess you have to be a firm motherfucker with them. I just don't group with people like that anymore, so when I group with an egoboss I get really annoyed really fast.

And when I just repeat that grind I really don't mind... every day is going to be hilarious just because of our /gu chat. We could be farming snow bunnies in EW and I'd still have fun. Fuck Sutiea for saying this guild would suck! :-x

I was like that when I would play WoW sometimes. I bet I was annoying but I figured it would be smoother if I let everyone know what page we were on. Like I would go over strats before bosses even though most of them knew them I'm sure, and I'd constantly remind people to assist me.

But I was a mad quick puller, right Vonk?
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Harrison » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:13 am

But I was a mad quick puller, right Vonk?

YOURE NOT CANADIAN
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:16 am

Je ne comprends pas.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Gargamellow » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:23 pm

join ah be happy
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Naethyn » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:19 pm

just dont say the magic word.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Gargamellow » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:20 pm

when yer a dick u get booted..not my problem
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Evermore » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:33 pm

EQ has totally lost any interest for me. way way way too many fucktards playing anymore. EQ is becomming the gradeschool of MMORGs
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gargamellow » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:35 pm

u were on the other day dork LOL
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:58 pm

Zanchief wrote:Je ne comprends pas.

"mad" is typically a Northeastern U.S. saying.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Captain Insano » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:58 pm

Evermore wrote:EQ has totally lost any interest for me. way way way too many fucktards playing anymore. EQ is becomming the gradeschool of MMORGs

Those godamn monster missions really fucked up the playerbase.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

PreviousNext

Return to Everquest General Discussion