hi :o

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

hi :o

Postby Burgy99 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:26 pm

Hey every one, just throwing this out there hoping some one might remember me. I played EQ way back in the day( oct 15 '99) pre kunark as a 50 druid Sayenx in the guild Scions of Veeshan, and re-rolled as Burgy the ogre warrior in a guild Cloud of Evolution. ( haw remember Finger paint? ) But yea I was there for the big Nameless crash with corpse dupes, the infamous Plane of Fear raid that went wrong, a few Sanctuary stand-offs, and Shadowspear ninja looting the SS breastplate. All the Nameless classics :) I quit Burgy at lvl 58/59ish in Remedy pre Luclin and Wooh took over. Sadly I couldn't get ahold of Wooh and re-rolled as a Ranger Stillenx 2 years ago who i got up to level 62. I spent alot of time with Manalope, Wope, Kumdaan / Ralvien / Taarven / Leiel , Pneumatic ( Lurdasam),( Yamori, Boshie? ) Ronald, Wooh to a few. Pretty burnt out from Naxx in WoW, and I couldn't resist EQ Titanium for 20 bucks :) I guess i'm asking, do any of these guys still play? And are there any guilds out there for regular exp groups, and maybe some older content raiding due to my level?
Burgy99
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Gidan » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:34 pm

Your honestly probably asking in the wrong place. Very few of the people who post here play EQ beyond a very casual basis. Though its amazing how people remember names, atleast a fewpeople will probably remember you.

If you dig around you will find the board for the innorok server, since the merger the majority of the EQ talk is there.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: hi :o

Postby Lyion » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:03 pm

Hey, I knew your Druid.

There are a few casual players. You might do well to hook up with Gargamellow as she plays more than just about anyone.

Also, we merged with Innoruuk, and their server forums are still mostly based around EQ. Sadly, this forum has very few people who still play EQ.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:26 pm

I remember Burgy, the name anyways
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Yamori » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:51 pm

Yeah, I'm still on my new BST once in awhile (I ebayed Boshie ;p) - send tell to Yamor ~~
-Yamori
AKA ~~Baron Boshie of the Nameless~~
Yamori
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Gargamellow » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:25 pm

remember me? (Sandiani Gargamellow of Jolly Pillagers)
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Xaiveir » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:32 am

Yeah i remember you fewl, how have you been?
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Guntaag Gorefeast » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:32 am

i remember you and all those dudes on that list lol,good times. Wooh is the man ^^
Guntaag Gorefeast
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby 10sun » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:13 pm

Go fuck yourself. You KS'd my Hadden.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Burgy99 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:13 pm

Oh man, a ton of old schoolers around, awesome :) I managed to track down Yamori and Istar ingame, talk about a walk down memory lane ;p I remember all of you guys, Lyion, Tikker, Xaiver,and Sandi if I remember correctly, you were a overly nice wizard in Jolly Pillagers :) And I think I remember Tigole adopting Tikker during a outdoor kunark dragon kill, like he donated a 13/30 dagger or something lol. Atensen my apologies if I KS'd your Hadden, but weren't we equal level druids or something? It's possible my RL friend Riddik/Owned was playing, or Wooh or Manalope, or who ever else had access to that account haha.

I quit the game because I was 16 back when Kunark and Velious came out, and my mom was like " yea... um.. I got you a job, you start next week " Talk about a buzz kill for a person that played eq from the time school got out till 2 to 3am, sometimes I just choose to skip sleeping even on school nights lol. Needless to say Income + Lack of EQplaying netted me a girlfriend so I let Owned and Wooh use Burgy till I came back, and they got into a disagreement and Wooh took the account over. Since then I've briefly tried SWG- not for me, I messed around in the beta of WoW- not for me, andI played EQ2 as an iksar bruiser named Burgy till late lvl 30s- not for me. The graphics and just being back in Norrath was nice though, I quit right before they changed the combat system completely I guess. I went back to WoW because "every" one is doing it. I have a 60 ogre warrior on Mal'Ganis named Burgy if any of you play. Pretty pimped out with an Asscandy ( had it for 10~ months~) and some naxx dps plate, all of my T1, T2, bla bla. Easy leveling, over use of Instances, lack of gear itemization, and just kind of shitty attitudes of players ingeneral make that game get old quick.

All of these games had ups and downs, but the one thing Everquest had was an amazing community. I swear between the almost daily updates on LoS's webpage, and the insane drama that went on in Rants and Flames on NT, it definately defined this game. I don't know if all of EQ was as fortunate as Nameless was, or if we just got lucky and picked the right server. I guess i'm rambling, but if any of you guys are still playing, look me up on Stillenx !
Burgy99
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby xKALECx » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:58 pm

Whats Wooh up to nowadays?
Kalec Brotherwolfe - Retired Hierophant of EQ
xKALECx
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Forik » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:03 pm

Burgy Burgy Burgy!
Forik
GM of The Evil Empire <We Know Girls>
We Know Girls
Armory
Forik
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby 10sun » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:39 pm

Burgy99 wrote:Atensen my apologies if I KS'd your Hadden, but weren't we equal level druids or something?

I was joking mostly. I was 30ish or something and was tracking him while killing Millers for lazy exp. You were mid 40s or higher. Didn't matter much in the long run! ;)

I was playing a lot up until just recently. Getting my life settled again after relocating before I play again(should be a week or two). Look me up then, either on Atensen or Grungloe.

-Adam
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby LostCause » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:46 pm

yeah EQ is def something special that people cant quite put there finger on
LostCause
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Manalope » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:42 pm

I remember you bud 8)~
Manalope
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Diekan » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:07 pm

Threads like this always make me miss old EQ.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:42 pm

play vanguard then, cause it's old eq all over again

not necessarily in a good way either, jeje

graphix look just like luclin

bards are semi neato tho (maybe even interesting enough to try)
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Burgy99 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:32 am

Kalec I wish I knew man, we had good times together.

FORIK. SPOOOOOOOOOOOON , amiright ? :) I remember tearing it up in icewell keep lol, did you ever get rid of that wyrmslayer 25/40 thing? I remember preaching about the slow speed being bad for keeping aggro =p

Atensen, I added you to my friends list, definately going to track you down ^_~ ( maybe repay you a fishbone earing lol )

Haha oh Manalope =p I wish i didn't throw out my super old comp just a month ago or so, I probably have 1000 screen shots of classic Nameless moments. There was so many times I was laughing so hard I could barely play, do you remember going to the Arena when Falcon's Pride was having a "guild meeting" and me you and wope camped like 30 of their level 20-40ish members? Wave after wave they just kept coming. Haha, I think you had just gotten your manastone and was putting it to use. Or there was times when we were slaughtering Mistmoore for some reason, and you felt the need to pull more mobs than the game would let us, and we'd have to run to the zone from the castle, slaughtering every exp group along the way lol. I also remember the main GM of Nameless that was a female character (not Hideaki), during your Best of the Best I attacked spectators, so she came to tell me to stop, and then I felt the need to attack her, so she ported me to Gfay or something and I had to have a 10 minute conversation with her why she shouldn't have done that lol. Good times my friend.

Yea tikker I've had my eye on Vanguard for a while, it looks amazing and possibly horrible for all of the same reasons that EQ is. " The Vision" - lol . I'm sure it will be a great game, I'm just cautious about getting wrapped up in another quality MMO, because we all know the consequences of that. Especially with timesinks and all that jazz... Some of my friends have been signed up for the beta for almost a year, but no word yet I guess. If theres a decent amount of you guys from NT that show interest, I'm sure I'll play though.
Burgy99
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Forik » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:07 pm

Heh yeah I got rid of that pos, moved on and eventually joined up with Sapientia because it fit my play times. We were the first guild to down Rallos Zek on the nameless without doing Vex thal. Was pretty neat honestly, but I ended up hanging out with the GPU crew more often then not. I quit EQ after 5 years and started playing WoW, eventually taking over guild leadership of The Evil Empire on Eonar. They have since changed names to <We Know Girls> and are still the #1 guild on the server, but I retired after Opening the gate and making progress into AQ. It's good to see you still around though, I remember leveling up and getting some basics from ya back in the day.
Forik
GM of The Evil Empire <We Know Girls>
We Know Girls
Armory
Forik
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Return to Everquest General Discussion