LoS?!?!?!?!

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

LoS?!?!?!?!

Postby Gargamellow » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:23 am

I keep hearing that Legacy of Steel is disbanding. A bunch of my LoS friends have already gone to Silent Resurgence.

I am going to be sad if LoS disbands. Hell, I may even leave the game.

Who started this rumor? Is it a rumor?
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:10 am

I'd rather they disbanded than play second fiddle to Silent Resurgence. The game's changed, and a lot of LoS' cream of the crop has moved on. Good time to retire the guild.
Jay

Postby Darcler » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:52 pm

Jay wrote:I'd rather they disbanded than play second fiddle to Silent Resurgence. The game's changed, and a lot of LoS' cream of the crop has moved on. Good time to retire the guild.

QFT
"LoS" as we really know it doesnt even play anymore. It's a whole new grouping of tards mostly.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Burgy99 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:49 pm

Definately kinda sad though. I got in more trouble way back in the day spamming refresh on Legacyofsteel.net during school than any other webpages combined =p Even though the name still exist, you look at the roster and it's just not the same feeling.
Burgy99
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:22 pm

the quality of player just isn't there anymore like it used to be; it's the same with any of the older school guilds. There's a grand total of like.. 5 people in CT that I remember now; even if I was to come out of retirement (which obviously would never happen) I can't fathom calling that home again - just because the name is there doesn't mean it's the guild you remember.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gargamellow » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:31 pm

sigh..ftw
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:35 pm

Gypsiyee wrote:the quality of player just isn't there anymore like it used to be; it's the same with any of the older school guilds.

I don't that's even the issue

it's just different people, and a different game

when I stopped playing, I was the top DPS player on the server (i'm basing this assumption on being the top dps in LoS, and LoS being ahead of everyone else on the server)

the game has changed quite a bit since I left, I couldn't just grab a current LoS rogue's toon, go to a raid, and be the top DPS rogue again
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gargamellow » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:36 pm

You would probably get smoked on the first hit, with someone else's character.
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:12 pm

Talentwise I'm sure there are new players who are as good as the old ones, just not as many. Also, again, the game is different, so those old players' tactics are probably obsolete. Beyond that, there are certain key figures within each guild that make that guild what it is. I don't see any of those figures in LoS now.
Jay

Postby Tikker » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:15 pm

tactics don't really enter into the equation
you used what was appropriate at the time

I agree wtih you about leadership tho

people nowadays aren't in awe of the guild leaders
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:26 pm

From what I see nowadays it's the journeyman guild member that is the default guild leader despite leadership ability and such. I was in awe of how Quixen ran CT. I don't imagine I would have that same feeling with whoever's in the hot seat now (Sorry Morph or Lanolar I forget).
Jay

Postby Gargamellow » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:57 pm

:( :cry: :ugh: :dunno: :wtf:
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:00 pm

Jay wrote:From what I see nowadays it's the journeyman guild member that is the default guild leader despite leadership ability and such.

I don't think new leaders are any different from older leaders

I think the difference is that it used to be much harder to accomplish things, the general playerbase was a lot LESS skilled, so leaders stood out more

also, with all the new isntancing and whatnot, it's not as impressive when player_A or guild_B beats something, so there's less built up mystique around a guild leader

this generally leads to less awe and unquestioning loyalty like some had in the past
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:09 pm

also, with all the new isntancing and whatnot, it's not as impressive when player_A or guild_B beats something, so there's less built up mystique around a guild leader

WoW :rofl:
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Reynaldo » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:19 pm

Tikker wrote:also, with all the new isntancing and whatnot, it's not as impressive when player_A or guild_B beats something, so there's less built up mystique around a guild leader

Also, I think alot of players nowadays are more comfortable with losing - perhaps a derivative of instancing to an extent. Without instancing, if you lost to something, it grated on your nerves that Guild_001 had a free shot on it, and could catch up a day's worth of gear on you, and then cockblock you on it in the future.

As far as LOS goes, you just reach a point in the sheep vs. activist player ratio that you can't overcome, and they're probably at or over that right now =/
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Arlos » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:48 pm

I'm really glad I left LOS when I did. They weren't top-flight serverwide any more, like during Velious, but were at least still easily tops on the server. This way at least, all of my memories of LOS will be from when it really was one of the best of the best, and any setbacks (like at the beginning of POP) were purely temporary.

I disagree with what someone earlier here said, though, about new leaders being no different than old leaders. While it's true that leaders from different eras had different problesm to face, the judgement of a leader is how well they overcome those issues. LOS would never have been what it was in Velious with a lesser Leader than Tigole at the helm. We had a ton of issues early in velious, and we not only got past them, we got one of the best-known serverwide-firsts in EQ history, and were unarguably one of the top2 or top3 guilds in the entire game by the end of it. Has LOSs current leadership risen to their challenges as successfully as the leadership then did? I don't think so.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against most of LOS's current leadership. Hell, I doubt I even KNOW more than 1 or 2 of them, but just the fact that they haven't found a way to stay even #1 on the server, and are on the verge of disbanding says to me that they're not being as successful at overcoming THEIR obstacles as the old timers were at overcoming theirs. Remember, we had staffing difficulties too back in the day, or doesn't having Medicd as our only mage, Cyberchen as our only Pally, and so on ring any bells?

One thing I'll always wonder is how good LOS would've ended up being if not for the Tenaj split in Kunark. That group ended up being the runaway best guild on SZ, no contest. LOS, obviously, continued on quite well, and was top3 or top5 in finishing VP, etc. Kinda amazing to think what might've been accomplished if all that talent had stayed in 1 place...

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:56 pm

Fuck those faggots who went to SZ.

Worst pack of exploiting homos I've ever encountered. Sony did NOTHING about it, so I left that piece of shit server.

I probably would have stayed there if it wasn't for the warping, speedhacking, corpse camping with perma invised mage pets, etc.

The list of exploits they used is endless.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:06 pm

arlos wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against most of LOS's current leadership. Hell, I doubt I even KNOW more than 1 or 2 of them, but just the fact that they haven't found a way to stay even #1 on the server, and are on the verge of disbanding says to me that they're not being as successful at overcoming THEIR obstacles as the old timers were at overcoming theirs. Remember, we had staffing difficulties too back in the day, or doesn't having Medicd as our only mage, Cyberchen as our only Pally, and so on ring any bells?

that's kind of a stupid statement Arlos

Every guild in EQ is having the same kind of issues
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby 10sun » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:13 pm

Jay wrote:Talentwise I'm sure there are new players who are as good as the old ones, just not as many. Also, again, the game is different, so those old players' tactics are probably obsolete. Beyond that, there are certain key figures within each guild that make that guild what it is. I don't see any of those figures in LoS now.

This statement is false. Lot of fucking newbies in LoS now.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Gargamellow » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:43 pm

LoS Knows Drama

<3 LoS
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Kabakaba » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:50 am

Indeed, anyways sup to my old homies, havent read this boar in years, *waves* to Arlos and 10Sun :vonk:
Kabakaba
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby 10sun » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:50 am

hola mi amigo
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Narrock » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:11 am

Kabakaba helped me and Flippett kill some quest Iksar Monk right off the coast one time. lolz
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:16 am

Kabakaba wrote:Indeed, anyways sup to my old homies, havent read this boar in years, *waves* to Arlos and 10Sun :vonk:

:wub:

Between you, and Gayranger, I miss our guild.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Xaiveir » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:19 am

Kabakabakabakabakabakabakabakaba
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Next

Return to Everquest General Discussion