EQ2 Market Oddity

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

EQ2 Market Oddity

Postby Maeya » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:44 pm

So I've recently picked up EQ2 again, and I've noticed something strange in the market.

If I price items a little low... say 8g for Adept I books, one person will buy them all out almost instantly. Same with lowbie armor from quests. I don't see these items go back up for sale, so they are not buying them for resale. It almost seems like a bot program, because multiple pieces of armor will be bought by the same person within seconds. Seems too fast for a regular player, even one who is specifically searching, to manage.

What is going on, anyone have any ideas?

Najena server, by the way.
Maeya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Harrison » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:36 pm

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it was a botted character buying out specific things at specific rates to exploit later somehow.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Dylan » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:14 pm

Meh, its just bi-polar people buying shit for twinks they'll never make.
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby xKALECx » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:14 pm

With the new expansion, old adepts that used to sell for nothing are bringing in top dollar. The new tinkering trade lets tinkerers "transmute" those old adepts for supplies. Thats why they are selling so fast and not being seen again.
Kalec Brotherwolfe - Retired Hierophant of EQ
xKALECx
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Maeya » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:14 am

The adept stuff makes a lot of sense with the tinkering. As far as the newbie gear, I'm still confused. I can put up 2-3 items that are in completely different categories, like a shield, a ring, and a hat, and they'll be bought by the same person within seconds. It must be a botting program, but why even bother? Even for twinks? It's just shit I get on quests or in chests, anyone could get the same.

I'm not complaining about getting a couple gold here and there for items that a merchant would only give me a few silver for, I'm just confused as to why? What do they know that I don't? I don't see how they are able to exploit some lame newb ring.
Maeya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tossica » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:24 am

Maybe there is an automated NPC that buys that newbie stuff through the market?
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Maeya » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:33 am

Possible I suppose. But I thought EQ's whole thing was to take money *out* of the game with the goblin gambler thing, and repairs, houses, etc. I find it strange that they'd put something like that in to feed newbies money. It's an explanation though.

Thank you for the responses, by the way. :)
Maeya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby ClakarEQ » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:58 pm

Are you sure a vendor someplace doesn't buy them for more? I know of a few "bots" that seem to buy up gear/items in EQ1 and sell it to vendors for profit or use for those guildpoints (I forget the name).
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Maeya » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:00 pm

Pretty sure, though I'm unfamiliar enough with the game that it's possible I might get more at some hidden vendor somewhere than on the market. The vendors I've tried, though, offer about 6 silver for most of my shit, but I can sell it for several gold using the market. I didn' tknow you could turn in armor for status points.

So much I don't know about this game yet =/
Maeya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Darcler » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:04 pm

Me neither Maeya. I'm still learning as I go. I ask a lot of newb questions in guildchat :)
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Harrison » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:22 pm

Maeya wrote:The adept stuff makes a lot of sense with the tinkering. As far as the newbie gear, I'm still confused. I can put up 2-3 items that are in completely different categories, like a shield, a ring, and a hat, and they'll be bought by the same person within seconds. It must be a botting program, but why even bother? Even for twinks? It's just shit I get on quests or in chests, anyone could get the same.

I'm not complaining about getting a couple gold here and there for items that a merchant would only give me a few silver for, I'm just confused as to why? What do they know that I don't? I don't see how they are able to exploit some lame newb ring.

Exploits in MMO's are so numerous you'd shit yourself if there was some magical way to know all of the beneficial bugs at once.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Martrae » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:15 am

WTF Najena Server????

Certain gear can be transmuted down for tinkering components too. It's all in high demand atm.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Maeya » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:35 am

Ugzug picked the server. It was one his RL friend had already started playing on. =/ I wasn't too pleased about leaving my swashbuckler behind, but I couldn't remember where she was in quests anyway, and when I logged in briefly I didn't see anyone I recognized.

If gear can be transmuted as well, then that solves the mystery. Where do they have all this tinkering stuff listed? Is it something only gnomes can do? I haven't been able to find a really good, reliable site for all the tradeskill stuff.
Maeya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby kaharthemad » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:43 am

oh...so we were not good enough for you and the wonder boy? I understand when I'm not loved. First no naked pics now this.....man...where is the love?
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Martrae » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:08 pm

Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Return to Everquest General Discussion