EQ2 Drops the Ban Hammer on 50,000 farmers.

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

EQ2 Drops the Ban Hammer on 50,000 farmers.

Postby kaharthemad » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:49 am

The question comes up every now and again: "Why doesn't SOE do something about botters/spammers/etc?" Whenever you see someone new doing things like this while playing, I know as well as you do that it's just plain annoying, and it can sometimes seem like we don't do anything about the problem. Yesterday we did another cleanup round, removing all the characters that belonged to those who've been banned for a variety of EULA violations over the past few months. Usually these are the people who've been found botting, exploiting, spamming, or selling. The total came out to just under 50,000 characters and scores of guilds that will be rolling off of the EQ2players site over the next day or two as updates to the web site occur. I'd like to extend my congratulations to the CS investigation team and their management, who do more, faster in keeping this game as clean as they can than I've ever seen in any online game. There's still more work to do in minimizing the negative impact of botters and spammers, and there always will be. For now, though, I hope you can join me in saying thank you. - Scott
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Lyion » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:16 pm

Does levelling to endgame in EQ2 still take 10x what WOW does?
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Martrae » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:37 pm

Of course.

Especially if you pick a rangah. ;)
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby kaharthemad » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:38 pm

true but Rangers are pussies.

I prolly if I concentrated could run level 1 to 70 in about 3 to 4 months.
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Naethyn » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:41 pm

Whats the stats?
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Return to Everquest General Discussion