GU #34

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

GU #34

Postby Martrae » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:12 am

*** Highlights ***

- A new mount is now available. Tame your own fearsome Warg! Talk to Heinrich in the Loping plains to get more details.
-You can now share many of the quests in your quest journal with others. Even if you've completed them already!

*** Gameplay ***

- EoF Fabled and Legendary class armor distribution will now consider the makeup of those who participate in the encounter.
- Players who were originally citizens of Kelethin but then switched citizenship should now be allowed to return.
- Tired of that ugly mummy or chubby ogre following you everywhere? Then try /pet hide.
- Some NPCs that both offer and update quests for a player should now have the book icon above their head instead of the feather.
- Further enhancements have been made for server performance.

*** Items ***

- Orclord Ringmail armor has been renamed Orclord Stalking. All pieces are now properly flagged as leather and now have a more appropriate appearance. (No stats or class requirements have been changed.)
- The Ribcage Scythe will now deal piercing damage and has had it's +slashing mod replaced with +piercing.
- Deepforest Fistwraps can now be equipped by Bruisers and Monks.
- Plasma Boost and Plasma Amplification are now correctly modifying the amount of damage specified in the spell description.
- The Crown of Enlightenment's trigger proc now works correctly.
- Plasma Boost (and similar effects) will no longer stop the triggered effect from the Robe of Alkabor from functioning.

*** Quests ***

- All players above the level 20 can now assist Grot Leadarm in the quest, "Ill Communication" in the Butcherblock Mountains.
- Significantly reduced the number of Enchanted Adamantine Ore and Enchanted Azurite Capillaries that Toranim Skyblade and Gogas Afadin want for the Ghoulbane Empowered subquests.
- In Greater Faydark, The limecap mushrooms can now be harvested from a normal distance for the quest "Limecap Mushrooms".
- Temporary items given when you start a quest will now be stamped with the name of the Quest.
- Citizens of Kelethin can now do the Ties That Bind in Antonica.
- Quest Sharing: - You can now share Quests (both incomplete and complete) with your groupmates using the new button in your Quest Journal!
- When sharing a Quest, the receiver will start at the beginning of the Quest.
- You must have completed all the prerequisites in order to receive a shared Quest. If you haven't, a message will tell you what you need to do.
- Certain types of Quests cannot be shared: Hallmark, Heritage, Signature and Betrayal Quests, plus the first Quest in each Deity line.
- Receivers will be granted any items that the original Quest NPC gives at the start of the Quest.

*** PVP ***

- Citizens of Freeport, Kelethin and Qeynos who die in Azhar's Penitence will now have respawn options in the Sinking Sands.
- Fixed an issue where playing in third person combat might stop another player from using positional attacks on them.
- You will now get a message to the general combat channel about why you have entered into combat.

*** Tradeskills ***

- Fixed an error causing components to disappear if a player goes LD while doing commission work.

*** Zones ***

The Estate of Unrest: - Garanel's Shade will no longer break the counter with /yell.
Enchanted Lands: - Pages missing from the Enchanted Lands book collection quests are once again dropping.

*** Broker ***

- Containers can be flagged as 'Contents not for sale'. This will hide the contents of the bag from any vender's sell window.
- Searching the broker is now more intuitive:
- Each word you search for can appear in the item name in any order.
- Use a dash (-) before a word to indicate that the word should not appear in the item name.

*** UI ***

- The Options window now has buttons for "Save Custom" and "Load Custom." You can use these new features to create, save, and load options profiles and switch between them on the fly.
- Bags should no longer resize when you log in, from their previous size.
- Fixed a number of cases where spells would give out unnecessary error messages.
- Changing a container's label is now done from the Bag Options window.
- You can now select the primary spell for a macro that contains multiple spell steps. The icon tinting, reuse timer and tooltip are displayed for the primary spell.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lionking » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:47 am

Fairly good this time. My favorite changes are the quest sharing and flagging containers not for sale. I don't think I've seen a Warg yet, though I think Scattilac's neighbor probably 'mounted' one already.
Lionking
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tacks » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:52 am

zomg quest sharing, how revolutionary
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Martrae » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:07 am

zomg Tacks made a snide comment, how revolutionary
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:15 am

zomg you're still a worthless whore with no job surfing NT all day
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Martrae » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:45 am

zomg and you're still trying to get in my pants
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lyion » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:49 am

Boy, it sure would be fun to play EQ2.. if I could get a regular group and not just one flaky chick who Taxx wants to bone
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:56 am

I wouldn't even fuck you with Lyion's dick.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jazendar » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:15 pm

You're not exactly one to pick and choose there 3timer.
Jazendar
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tacks » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:18 pm

Whatever that is supposed to mean.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jazendar » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:20 pm

Talk about a deadend job that provides you with the ability to spam refresh on messageboards....Irreguardless my reference was to you having slept with a total of 3 women.
Jazendar
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tacks » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:24 pm

Wow you seem to know an awfully lot about me rofl. This "deadend job" I have is certainly doing me very well. I'm not even about to explain anything to some nerd like you who hasn't revealed one bit of personal information yet can sit there and bash others. Pussy.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Martrae » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:27 pm

lyion wrote:Boy, it sure would be fun to play EQ2.. if I could get a regular group and not just one flaky chick who Taxx wants to bone

I'm not flaky!

O look...a butterfly.....
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lionking » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:09 pm

lyion wrote:Boy, it sure would be fun to play EQ2.. if I could get a regular group and not just one flaky chick who Taxx wants to bone

I'd invite you to join my guild on Oasis but we're about as casual a group as you're ever going to find. You would probably be bored to death. When the guild leader (me) is only adventure level 45 and has a crafting level higher than adventure level, you know it's casual.
Lionking
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lyion » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:17 pm

In all honesty, I'm probably more casual and flakier than Mart. I game 2-3 nights a week, at most, and won't ever be doing more than that in the future. I have too much going on, and have no desire to 'race' or 'win' at MMOs ever again.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Return to Everquest General Discussion