EQ2 Rise of Kunark

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

EQ2 Rise of Kunark

Postby Lyion » Thu May 10, 2007 9:43 am

What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lionking » Thu May 10, 2007 10:38 am

I've been waiting for this announcement for quite a while.
Lionking
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lionking » Fri May 11, 2007 7:41 am

Rise of Kunark interview with Scott Hartsman:

http://eq2.allakhazam.com/db/guides.html?guide=986

Scott: Sure, absolutely. Rise of Kunark signifies a big direction we wanted to take the EverQuest 2 franchise next. After coming out with Echoes of Faydwer and realizing how much people loved seeing things that were very familiar to them, but still had a new take and how much fun, bluntly, we had making it. We decided to do the same type of thing for the next expansion and so naturally once we made up our minds there, Kunark was the natural place to go.

So, some of the big things that you'll be seeing are... Obviously with our last expansion we did not do a level increase, this time we will be. Kunark is a very very very dangerous land and as such people are going to need to be able to gear up a little bit and level up and spend some time learning the place before they are able to come in and just decimate everything. We've got a brand new race and a new starting area.

The Sarnaks are making their return. The beloved race from the original Kunark. Epic weapons will be coming back. Epics are one of the things we've kind of put off doing until we had a huge chunk of time to do them right. In a game like EQ2, you've got 24 classes, ya know that's a whole lot of quests and a whole lot of art and a whole lot of stuff that's gotta get done. So with the dev cycle we have behind Kunark we're pretty confident that we can get them in and make it fun for both group and raid folks.

Beyond that we're mostly going to be focused on the quality of content and the interesting environments and the things that you'll be fighting while you're there. So, that's Kunark in a nutshell pretty much...
Lionking
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Fairys`Tear » Fri May 11, 2007 8:22 am

Its due out in Nov-ish right ?
Fairys`Tear
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Martrae » Fri May 11, 2007 9:11 am

Nov 13.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Drem » Fri May 11, 2007 3:57 pm

that's cool that epic weapons are introduced with kunark in both games now. this almost makes me want to play eq2. i wonder if they'll do velious
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Fri May 11, 2007 5:14 pm

EQ2 is a lot of fun, it's just an issue if you don't have friends your level to play with.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby xKALECx » Fri May 11, 2007 8:16 pm

Harrison wrote:EQ2 is a lot of fun, it's just an issue if you don't have friends your level to play with.

The game has done a complete 180 since release. Absolutely GREAT MMO. There is plenty to do for casual players and plenty to do for the die hard fans. I've been having a lot of fun since EoF release. Anyone want to look me up on Antonia Bayle, can find me on Notte (necro), or Ombra (swashy) or Riffs (dirge).
Kalec Brotherwolfe - Retired Hierophant of EQ
xKALECx
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Martrae » Fri May 11, 2007 9:22 pm

I betrayed my troub to dirge and I couldn't be happier. Dirge <3
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby dammuzis » Fri May 11, 2007 9:32 pm

if vanguard doesnt fix some of the gamebreaking bugs soon ill be heading back when this comes out

68 warlock LFG soon
dammuzis
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Martrae » Fri May 11, 2007 9:39 pm

Free server transfers atm, btw.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Xaiveir » Fri May 11, 2007 10:55 pm

Wich server is everyone on btw?
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Susvain » Sat May 12, 2007 7:54 am

I always liked the game, just had no one to play with. Is there anything for PvP yet? And whats there to do for casuals?
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Martrae » Sat May 12, 2007 8:14 am

There's at least one PVP server plus a PVP test server.

The game is extremely casual friendly. You don't have to invest a lot of time in it to have fun with it.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Susvain » Sat May 12, 2007 9:02 am

What things can casuals do?
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby xKALECx » Sat May 12, 2007 10:49 am

Well every class can solo, but some much better than others. Plus the amount of quests available is staggering. Join a casual guild with plenty of stable of members, and do turn ins to NPC's to build guild status. This gives you discounts with vendors and opens up items to buy. Tons of Heritage quests which put you on searches for legendary items from EQ1, such as Dwarven Work Boots etc....

Trust me that there is far more to do for the casual player in EQ2 than there is in WoW.
Kalec Brotherwolfe - Retired Hierophant of EQ
xKALECx
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Lionking » Sat May 12, 2007 1:30 pm

xKALECx wrote:Trust me that there is far more to do for the casual player in EQ2 than there is in WoW.

QFT

I'm on Oasis, but my guild is probably WAY too casual for most on here. Mar's guild rocks on Butcherblock.
Lionking
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Return to Everquest General Discussion