EQ2 Upcoming housing changes

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

EQ2 Upcoming housing changes

Postby Martrae » Thu May 17, 2007 6:14 am

This was in response to the new Neriak housing being too small.

Hello again!

Got some great news, and some bad news.

Great news first. I told y'all I'd watch the feedback and I meant it :) Basically, some old ideals that really never made sense were drop kicked so we could open up these new homes further and affect anything we do in the future. This just means that all Neriak housing has undergone further renovation. Norm Abrams ftw. To give an example, the Neriak 3room you're seeing on Test today (5/17) almost fits within the newer Neriak 1room - near doubling the overall size. The 3 and 5room homes have had their size increased by the same amount - the 5room has seen the addition of a basement (by special, if not creepy, request ;) These homes are all now approximately the same size as the Freeport/Qeynos homes. The Neriak (and Kelethin as it is already) 1room homes are larger than the Qeynos/Freeport 1rooms for example.

And I didn't forget about Kelethin. The 4room has seen an addition of another floor, comprised of 2 more bonus rooms (but don't call it a 6room home. Call it a 4room with a loft or two ;) It's size is also on par with the other 5rooms. You'll magically see a new pathway appear in one of the rooms leading down to the new floor. This will of course affect a small amount of placed houseitems where the pathway is to appear, but I figure that's a small price to pay. If all goes well, this will go out with GU35 too. The other Kelethin homes (1/2/3) are already comparable to the 1 and 3room Qeynos/Freeport/Neriak homes (the 3room Kelethin home has always been bigger than the Qeynos 3room as another example).

And all of this is just the first (second? ;) pass. All homes could very well grow again in the future (Freeport/Qeynos included of course) equally to accomodate our growing collections, but, I can give little info as to when this may happen. I will say in the future, I intend to finally allow access to that "shove all my status, pets or seasonal items in here" kinda-sorta-but-not-a-room in the Freeport 5room, or the secretly inaccessible secret room in the Qeynos 5room along with some performance improvements on the older homes to bring them up to par.

But wait! There's more great news! Forum Member and optimist 'ChildofHate' will have their home replaced with a custom home built just for them! Known as "Casa de la Caja de Cartón", it's sure to please even the most scrutinous homebuyer in Norrath!

And now for the bad news... I... can't really make ChildofHate his own home... even for the would-be grand prank of watching the reaction when they zone into a 3x3 closet to amuse my cynical side (and the 20people I'd get to watch with me!) for a minute.

I really did ask if I could too >:)

There's more to come, and more on my mind I want to do. You can rest assured I'll do what I can, as I can, to keep our homes growing right along with our journeys in Norrath.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Return to Everquest General Discussion