EQ cravings

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

EQ cravings

Postby KaiineTN » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:48 am

I've been having some EQ1 cravings. Does anyone want to start up some toons? I think I would enjoy starting over from scratch on a server where I don't know anyone. It'd be fun to have a couple people to start with. Hell, maybe even do an emu again.

Anyone up for it? Or does anyone still play now and want to start over on a new server for kicks?
KaiineTN
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Reynaldo » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:36 am

I might be up for something like that around the end of August. I'll probably stay with my main guy, but I've always wanted to do an iksar sk and play up doing the greenmist crap.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Harrison » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:56 pm

I popped back onto Shards of Dalaya, semi active between that and EVE.

Soloing sucks, so I only hop on to go LFG for a bit and then get off.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gargamellow » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:49 pm

I am in Maine until August 4th, so don't count on any buffs or PL or newbie gears from me!
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby KaiineTN » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:16 pm

That would defeat the whole purpose of what I want to do. I want to just play through with a small group, no major twinkage or power leveling. I want to camp lower guk again, etc. Bring back some memories.
KaiineTN
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Sithos » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:39 am

If your doing it for nostalgia then I suggest you keep your fond memories intact and don't sully them with the new revamped version of EQ. When the progression servers came out I tried, hoping to recapture even a shred of what was. The tingle of excitement lasted about a week for me and burned out.

Zones were remade,changed or retrofitted. Some I barely recognized. The spark fizzled and died sadly. Although it was a blast to see the tunnel become the lag infested /auc capitol again :)
Sithos
NT Oldtimer
NT Oldtimer

Postby Lyion » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:21 am

Sithos wrote:If your doing it for nostalgia then I suggest you keep your fond memories intact and don't sully them with the new revamped version of EQ. When the progression servers came out I tried, hoping to recapture even a shred of what was. The tingle of excitement lasted about a week for me and burned out.

Zones were remade,changed or retrofitted. Some I barely recognized. The spark fizzled and died sadly. Although it was a blast to see the tunnel become the lag infested /auc capitol again :)

I agree with Sithos. Unfortunately, it's like the things in your childhood that were so much fun. Today, they just don't have the same effect.
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Reynaldo » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:10 am

All that is true. Leveling up untwinked is fun until the early teens when xp really starts to slow down. Without zones crawling with people like the old crushbone, blackburrow etc.. it would be really hard to stave off the boredom without active OOC chat going on.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lyion » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:12 am

It's a shame they don't do a 50x exp server for EQ.

EQ has so much content, but leveling at a snails pace is no fun for me.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Return to Everquest General Discussion