Thinking of playing eq again

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Thinking of playing eq again

Postby Kramer » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:43 pm

haven't played in forever but i remember Veksar being fun, and decent drops, parituclarly if you aren't an uber-geared and don't feel a need to get that wat as fast as possible.
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby LostCause » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:43 pm

So Project EQ is up and running or no ? and how hard is it to get in because I really really want to play
    LostCause
    NT Disciple
    NT Disciple

Postby ClakarEQ » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:09 pm

So I've been at it now a couple of weeks or so I guess, ended up just saying fuck it and renewed a few accounts for 3 months. Been working on grinding to level 61 and now plan to move onto AA's, most of my guys have shit for aa's. Boxing a crew is a bit of work though, not sure if I'd call it "fun" yet.

Xav, I keep missing you, sorry bro. I was on almost all weekend just screwing around, mostly in forgotten halls. I didn't realize the mobs there drop upto 20pp a kill, that said, I've gotten enough plat to get my guys geared with something better than orc fang earings and forest loops. I've got a few more things to get but for now I'm looking for some decent earrings a bard can use and something to increase my DPS.

I'm boxing:
    War
    Rogue
    Bard
    Necro
    Enc
    Cleric

Not the best at DPS I know.

Curious on where I should go next, I only have expansions up to DoN, should I just go for those crystals and get gear that way? It seems like the LDoN gear isn't that far off from the DoN crystal stuff. I'm somewhat torn on what I should do next, get more plat to buy more gear or just do quests for crystals (never done one of these), LDoN's (these are rather good EXP to be honest), or maybe even some monster missions as it seems some of the rare stuff is uber by my standard.

What do some of you more experience folks have to say?
    ClakarEQ
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Xaiveir » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:45 pm

Do the DoN missions. The gear is quite a bit better than LDoN ones, and crystals are also tradeable. You can always buy those last few that you need. The missions are much better exp than LDoN as well. One of these days we will finally see eachother ingame, and i can run you through acouple of those missions. As long as you have a healer, we can duo them.
    Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
    Xaiveir
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Reynaldo » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:32 pm

The hall of honor update to a hot zone made it actually pretty good xp, I was getting almost half a blue AA xp at level 75 per mob (light blues) and they die pretty fast. Maybe check that out (not sure of flagging requirements).

What's your ingame char name? We usually have 4 to do nests or Carprin cycle or whatever it is we do when we're on.
    Reynaldo
    NT Veteran
    NT Veteran

Postby ClakarEQ » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:49 pm

All of them are only level 61 and only about 2% into it at that, you'd have to be 62 in order to zone into HoH. Hermod is my tank and generally the only chat box I pay attention to, it isn't that I don't want to group but since I "box" a few toons, if things go sour and they all die, it only effects me, but if I group and screw up, well, then folks tend to be less happy about that LOL. Not saying I wouldn't welcome the chance to show me the ropes in the DoN missions and such as I don't have a clue what to do yet. I'm going to be checking out Alla tonight to get an idea of what needs to be done in order to get some radiant crystals :). I just wouldn't want folks with some sort of winning record at DoN missions to get a "poor score" because I'm clueless.
    ClakarEQ
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Xaiveir » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:50 pm

As far as i know there is not a scoring system for DoN, like LDoN.
    Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
    Xaiveir
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Previous

Return to Everquest General Discussion