Thinking of playing eq again

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Thinking of playing eq again

Postby ClakarEQ » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:45 pm

Part of why I left EQ was not finding a good spot to grind AND make some decent PP to buy spells, gear, etc. I'm not the raider type and don't want to be. I'm just looking to burn a few hours, 3-4 days a week, probably boxing the 3 accounts I had. I'd be playing around the 9:30pm - 12:30am EST areas.

What zone would you guys think is best for plat drops? I'm at this stage where to buy anything good (or at least 10+ months ago) you had to have some decent bank. I have maybe 3k to my accounts and to upgrade gear, with things like haste, or good HP / Mana / Wis stuff would cost 3k per item. Anyone know if it is still like that?

I was thinking Old Sebilis(sp), as I recall at least the mobs dropped a good bit of gems and plat.
I'd have a 65 druid, 60 war, 60 shaman.

I only own up to DoD and don't really know any zone past PoP :\

Any good zone you guys can think of?
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: Thinking of playing eq again

Postby Gidan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:59 pm

I have been thinking about getting back into EQ as well. Just cant seem to get into anything else anymore.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Naethyn » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:25 pm

Play Shards of Dalaya. It has all the fun of oldschool everquest combined with the features of current MMO.

http://www.shardsofdalaya.com

Oh, and ya. It's FREE.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby ClakarEQ » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:32 pm

I don't want to "start over" though, I just want to find a place where I can grind out some exp, and plat, from there I plan to check out the expansions I bought but never went to LOL.

I'm just looking to find a zone that drops decent plat and gives me a chance to buy some nice bazaar gear. I don't have the means to tank anything at my level until I can get better gear. At the rate I was getting cash in the past, I could do maybe 1 or 2 upgrades a month, playing 8-10 hours a week. I'd like to upgrade almost every slot on 2 of the characters.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Reynaldo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:37 pm

Sebilis is still a ton of fun and good drops.

In Sanctus Seru, the mobs drop 10-15pp each, and you could work on collecting those reports for the earring if you're a quester type. Xp would be slow though.

The Hole is excellent xp and good plat drops as well, plus is progressive, so you could grind + earn $$$
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Naethyn » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:51 pm

Fair enough. I'm just giving my advice because your situation sounded very similar to mine.

Huge time investment into my account, a few 65+ chars, all suck due to new expansions, can't tank anything because mobs hit for 1k+. lol. My choices became very limited in everquest. And I had basically explored everything I really wanted to. Soon it became a contest of trying to find non summoning mobs that I could kite. Which did hold my interest for a few months. Not to mention almost all my old friends are now gone.

Enter SoD. This gave me the opportunity to start fresh. At first this idea didn't appeal to me. I decided to try it and I found it to be awesome. It is everquest, but with a whole new appeal. There are no 200/200 items and it feels at the moment anyway that I could play without having to get uber gear raiding to tank. Not to mention explore a new world and play all the new quests.

Anyways,
I recommend at least checking it out. It's free. It's fun. It's oldschool everquest in a new view.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:59 pm

ClakarEQ wrote:I don't want to "start over" though, I just want to find a place where I can grind out some exp, and plat, from there I plan to check out the expansions I bought but never went to LOL.

I'm just looking to find a zone that drops decent plat and gives me a chance to buy some nice bazaar gear. I don't have the means to tank anything at my level until I can get better gear. At the rate I was getting cash in the past, I could do maybe 1 or 2 upgrades a month, playing 8-10 hours a week. I'd like to upgrade almost every slot on 2 of the characters.

man, with just a shaman and a warrior you should be able to wtfpwn a ton of stuff

toss in the druid for extra dps and thorns and this should be easy work

Veksar is a fun zone to crawl thru, nothing hits very hard, and theres some nice drops
OS is fun
I enjoyed BoT a lot, and was able to 2box there really easily with my shaman and rogue
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby ClakarEQ » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:11 pm

I don't have the gear to handle BoT mobs though. Even at 60 my toons can't manage a good amount of DPS, it isn't like these guys are prior LoS twinks you know LOL.

I don't recall any post kunark zones that really dropped good plat is all. The gear that is pre-Gates all seems to be crap gear today. My guys have less than PoP level gear at best. The stuff I saw in the bazaar seemed like PoP Plane of Time loot or better.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby 10sun » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:13 pm

with a shaman(6k unbuffed) / druid(6k unbuffed) / tank(10k unbuffed) moderately equipped (bazaar geared these days), you can take on just about anything so long as you know how to pull with the druid. We were able to drop just about every mob that didn't have an outrageous need for CC with me two boxing the druid & tank. Key thing to do is to get the druid Skin of the Reptile. That spell kicks so much ass it isn't even funny. With a tank that has critical healing AAs, you hardly need to heal if you keep that buff up & the mob slowed, plus it really helps with the aggro control.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby ClakarEQ » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:22 pm

10sun wrote:with a shaman(6k unbuffed) / druid(6k unbuffed) / tank(10k unbuffed) moderately equipped (bazaar geared these days), you can take on just about anything so long as you know how to pull with the druid. We were able to drop just about every mob that didn't have an outrageous need for CC with me two boxing the druid & tank. Key thing to do is to get the druid Skin of the Reptile. That spell kicks so much ass it isn't even funny. With a tank that has critical healing AAs, you hardly need to heal if you keep that buff up & the mob slowed, plus it really helps with the aggro control.

That is part of the problem, my lvl 60 tank is maybe 7k shammy buffed. I know the bazaar gear is better than what I have but I don't have the plat to buy anything. Each item can cost easily over 5k a core slot, let alone haste or proc type gear.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:29 pm

ClakarEQ wrote:That is part of the problem, my lvl 60 tank is maybe 7k shammy buffed. I know the bazaar gear is better than what I have but I don't have the plat to buy anything. Each item can cost easily over 5k a core slot, let alone haste or proc type gear.

a warrior with 7k hp, shaman and druid buffed, with both healing should be more than adequate to solo in BoT
I'm sure my rogue had more DPS than the warrior, but he was also tanking most of the time, so huge amount of dps was lost to no BS

I'd think the warrior would tank better than my rogue, even tho I probably had 600-700 more AC
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby 10sun » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:40 pm

Baby steps then.

First step, get all slots filled with +100 hp items.
Worst case, you kill wing bosses or get your ass flagged for Tactics. Farming Tactics for plat is far more lucrative than BoT because at 64? you can start charming with the druid for added DPS.

At your level I was doing a lot of Veksar with my paladin twink solo'ing all areas. He is only like 6k unbuffed @ 65, but he does have a Willsapper for slowing... All this talk has me thinking about reup'ing my account for a month or two. I like my paladin a lot... too bad I started him way too late and was instead forced to focus on my fucking druid.

Oh, at 60 isn't Acrylia Caverns a hot zone? The mobs there drop runes like candy which are worth like 5pp on average... that is a great place to start building up money reserves.

-Adam
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Tikker » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:07 pm

stuff in luclin had just too much hp to be worthwhile (except in seru)
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Blackdiam » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:23 pm

If you want old school EQ you could try this http://www.projecteq.org/
Blackdiam
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Xaiveir » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:46 pm

Clak let me know when you are on. Ill log on, and help gear ya a bit better if you want. I do not play much anymore, but my account is still active. I have tons of stuff.
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Ouchyfish » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:12 am

Blackdiam wrote:If you want old school EQ you could try this http://www.projecteq.org/

This looks really promising. Any word on when they'll let more people in? SoD was cool but I wanted something truer to the original.
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Blackdiam » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:42 am

Ouchyfish wrote:
Blackdiam wrote:If you want old school EQ you could try this http://www.projecteq.org/

This looks really promising. Any word on when they'll let more people in? SoD was cool but I wanted something truer to the original.

No clue I saw the link on another message board if I didn't play SoD I would check it out
Blackdiam
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Naethyn » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:49 am

What lv are you now?"
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Blackdiam » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:07 pm

Naethyn wrote:What lv are you now?"

26 I think with my warrior haven't played in a while
Blackdiam
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Lueyen » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:30 pm

I'm currently having an insane urge to load up eq and go play in OS... must resist.
Raymond S. Kraft wrote:The history of the world is the history of civilizational clashes, cultural clashes. All wars are about ideas, ideas about what society and civilization should be like, and the most determined always win.

Those who are willing to be the most ruthless always win. The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.
Lueyen
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Iccarra » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:25 pm

Lueyen wrote:I'm currently having an insane urge to load up eq and go play in OS... must resist.

:lol:
Iccarra
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Yamori » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:10 pm

Hole mobs dropped a lot of gems ect and were good xp. (not sure how it would be at 65, still OK i'd guess.

Grieg's End drops a lot of gems and is good xp for 60-65 and is MINDLESSLY EASY.
-Yamori
AKA ~~Baron Boshie of the Nameless~~
Yamori
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby ClakarEQ » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:28 am

Xaiveir wrote:Clak let me know when you are on. Ill log on, and help gear ya a bit better if you want. I do not play much anymore, but my account is still active. I have tons of stuff.

I re-upped a few of my old accounts, I'd love to take you up on that :). What character would be best for the gear you may have? Hermod Vidar is my tank, I'm generally watching his chat window :).

EDIT
I got my guys keyed for OS and went there. The mobs now drop all sorts of crap LOL, came out ahead and got a few named but still, not the OS I remember :).
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Xaiveir » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:33 pm

ClakarEQ wrote:
Xaiveir wrote:Clak let me know when you are on. Ill log on, and help gear ya a bit better if you want. I do not play much anymore, but my account is still active. I have tons of stuff.

I re-upped a few of my old accounts, I'd love to take you up on that :). What character would be best for the gear you may have? Hermod Vidar is my tank, I'm generally watching his chat window :).

EDIT
I got my guys keyed for OS and went there. The mobs now drop all sorts of crap LOL, came out ahead and got a few named but still, not the OS I remember :).

I can help any character. I have about a shit ton of plat just sitting on numerous characters. So i can help alittle bit of all of them.
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Jazendar » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:10 am

Clakar, I've got a half decently geared 68 Monk that I've been waiting to play for ages but haven't had the motivation (Lack of groups, friends playing, etc) to actually get on and spend a couple hours of play. PM me Via NT or something alike, perhaps we could get a ventrilo going and such. Let me know. :)

Edit, I've also got access to a 65 cleric if needed to be boxed as well.
Jazendar
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Next

Return to Everquest General Discussion