I'm a glutton

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: I'm a glutton

Postby Martrae » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:20 pm

I'm on as Tsaena right now, hon. :)
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lyion » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:26 pm

I'm getting the feeling Kunark is doing well for EQ2.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/post ... _id=394767

Greetings, AB. We wanted to give you an update on the status of your server. As you all know just by watching level chat, there's been a huge population influx. There are more people getting online, and they're staying online longer.

When we release expansions, we do budget for usage increases -- It's a standard part of the process. We look over the kinds of increases we've seen with past releases, then add a buffer for safety.

The usage patterns post-ROK have gone beyond our expectation on all servers, but what's been happening to AB in particular is about two and a half times larger than our most optimistic projections
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby LostCause » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:01 pm

good thats what I like to hear although the class system is a tad different then Regular ol'e EQ
LostCause
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby kiral » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:43 pm

can you guys post screenshots of the new expansion?
kiral
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Sithos » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:54 pm

Whats a really fun class to play, possibly a pet class that has good solo survival skills? And is an asset at high end?

I'm installing Play the Fae or whatnot and will go from there.
Sithos
NT Oldtimer
NT Oldtimer

Postby Darcler » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:25 pm

Watching Gid solo on his necro made me a sad panda. I say that is a really good pet solo class. I dont know about the need at high end as Im not there, but I assume they wouldnt be turned down given other options such as a mage type.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Martrae » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:51 am

Conjuror and necro are both good solo pet classes. Conjuror is very similar to the old EQ mage. Necro is..uh..necro. :)
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lyion » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:05 pm

I discussed this with D yesterday. It seems I'm not the only one who's noticed this

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/post ... _id=394945

It seems the more SOE tries to change, the more things stay the same.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby xKALECx » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:24 am

Sithos wrote:Whats a really fun class to play, possibly a pet class that has good solo survival skills? And is an asset at high end?

I'm installing Play the Fae or whatnot and will go from there.

Necro is still one of the top 2 solo classes. Still liked in groups due to their crazy dps and lifetap heals, but they are a dime a dozen on any server. Conjurer is honestly just as good if played correctly, but again, a very popular class.

Most older players will agree that the illusionist is probably the best pet class for solo due to their mez. They are just insane at farming the higher end zones, and in all honestly bring the best group buffs of all the pet classes. But thats their problem. You either play solo dps'ing like mad, or you are a buff/mez bitch in groups doing zero dps. Most groups in EQ2 do not even use mez, they just AoE everything that jumps the tank. This is changing a bit in Kunark, due to the mobs hitting like tanks, but still, most players don't realize the asset an illusionist can be. Best mana regen, best haste, and crazy dps buffs, and mez, although a lot of groups pass you up for pure dps.

Now with all that said, illusionist is hands down the most complicated and hardest class in eq2 to play with a coercer coming close 2nd. The plus to that is they are by far the least played class in the game. This makes their master spells the cheapest on the market.

If you are going to solo mostly, and have no desire to fight for a raid spot, then go necro. If you want to be an outcast that is a solo machine, and only respected by true knowledgeable players, then go Illusionist.
Kalec Brotherwolfe - Retired Hierophant of EQ
xKALECx
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Previous

Return to Everquest General Discussion