The more things change...

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

The more things change...

Postby Lyion » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:19 am

the more they stay the same.

Hey let's release cool new items.. Then nerf the bejesus out of them...

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/post ... _id=396399
SOE wrote:A rather large tune will be appearing in an upcoming hotfix, and I wanted to give you all a heads up:

The effects that are currently attached to Treasured items in Kunark were initially intended for Legendary quality gear; you can find effects like Overflow and Divine Restoration on both tiers of equipment. Typically these effects will automatically scale down on lower quality gear, but given the ease of acquiring RoK Treasureds, they did not scale down enough, and this has created a large imbalance throughout the expansion. In order to correct this, I've created lesser versions of all of these effects and attached them to all Treasured gear. None of the stats on the gear itself has been touched, only the power of the effects, which has been lowered by about 1/3 in most cases. I know this will be upsetting to many of you who have worked hard to acquire the pieces you have, and don't like seeing them balanced in this manner. The best consolation I can offer you is that there are Legendary versions of all of these pieces which can be acquired through quests, bosses, and faction merchants. The effects on these Legendaries should now be a large (and much more desirable) upgrade from the more easily acquired Treasured items.

In addition to the above changes, the 4 rewards from the Anaphylaxis quest have been dropped from Fabled to Legendary quality. They are still of better quality than most Legendary loot available in Kunark, but should no longer rival the strength of Fabled weapons acquired on raids.

I am sorry to be the harbinger of bad news; I never like tuning items down, but in this case it was the most equitable solution. I hope to have some good news (in the form of new, cool items) for you all sometime in the near future =)
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: The more things change...

Postby Tossica » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:11 pm

Haha, even when I was a 40+hr a week EQ crackhead, I never whined about nerfing items. Who cares?
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:29 pm

It was moreso the comic value that the 4th expansion of the second version of Everquest still follows the same path!

Increase godly things! Nerf soon after.

It's like.. Tradition.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:54 pm

only nerf i ever got mad about was greenmist, it was supposed to be IKS SHD only and all the other bitch-asses whined enough for them to open it up to all races

total bullshit imo

i would've had to whine about the circlet of shadow, but i bought mine for 2kpp only twelve days before the nerf :D
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby 10sun » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:21 pm

I heard that they are nerfing fungi tunics.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Return to Everquest General Discussion