Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: EQ2 class

Postby Tikker » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:42 pm

well

of course it will

In a lot of ways, I'd love to see an nicely done, updated version of UO

I dunno
it's going to be really really hard to ever duplicate what EQ did, and WOW tweaked
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:52 pm

Tikker wrote:WoW is full of more mind numbingly retarded "gamers" than I've ever encountered in my entire life put together.

most people would rather read spoilers and try to just copy what someone else did rather than just play the game and learn it themselves

I kinda got into it with one of my guild members about this after he posted a boss strat on our forums. I agree, but there's other things that make the game fun.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:14 pm

eq2 uninstalled, wuwu
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Martrae » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:20 pm

:lol:
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:28 pm

it wasn't terrible or anything, just didn't hold my interest at all
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Martrae » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:21 pm

no worries...it's not for everyone
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ndaara » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:48 am

Sorry it didn't work for you, again =p I am still having a great time! Wish I'd managed to be online when you were, at least once... I wish there were an easier way for trial players to actually find their friends, without having to be on their friend's /friend list prior to sending tells. I get that it keeps the spam down, but geez ><

Good luck finding your new game =)
Ndaara
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Tikker » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:54 am

well, and I kinda think that it's probably like most MMO's that if you can find a consistent group of friends to sit and play with, it'd probably be a blast

I don't really know what I want, and I think thats probably the biggest part of the problem ;)
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:57 pm

Tikker wrote:well, and I kinda think that it's probably like most MMO's that if you can find a consistent group of friends to sit and play with, it'd probably be a blast

I don't really know what I want, and I think thats probably the biggest part of the problem ;)

The problem with EQ2 is the combat system is just gawdawful, IMO. I prefer the graphics and the lore, but I just hate the combat setup.

Part of my problem is I want the same level of allure as the original EQ, make it intense and hardcore, but allow me to only play a few nights a week casually. Also, it needs to have a smart and fun community that immerses itself and allows for a fun and alive world, essentially the opposite of d00dville shitastic WOW community.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Previous

Return to Everquest General Discussion