SoD Guild

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

SoD Guild

Postby Naethyn » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:36 am

A few of my friends and I are starting a guild this weekend and we need the NT's help! I need to hear some ideas for a name.

From what I've read most SoD raids max out at 18 people. Right now we have a full group + about 4 friends from nameless and 2 we met along the way. It's not going to be a hardcore raid guild but if we have enough on I'm excited to work through some of the content.

Lets hear some names people!
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: SoD Guild

Postby Evermore » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:32 am

Symphony of Destruction.

Kill the King

Redemption

We ownz you

popped into my head...
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby 10sun » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:09 am

<We Still Play>
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Naethyn » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:10 am

haha thats good.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Gaazy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:35 pm

Ha one more week and I can start playing again
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:07 pm

<can't afford a real game>
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gaazy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:55 pm

Its actually a kinda fun game to mess around with. I donate money so I get the l33t pocket plane with my own bank and tradeskills and items and free nice buffs and shit~ So its not free.

Its fun for a couple hours a night a couplenights a week when im not too tired, but yeah thats about it. I like to piddle with it
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Harrison » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:34 am

If you guys get a STEADY group together, call me up and I will raid with you guys.

I don't need any gear up to about tier 4ish. I can tank most anything up to that point if you don't have a similarly geared warrior. (or if he's lacking the defensive AA)

I love playing but I am fucking sick of soloing or duoing with Kainnes cleric.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Naethyn » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:46 am

Ok that sounds good. We do have a steady group.

Pal played by me. Clr/Wiz my roomate. Dru my gf. Bard/Enc my buddy Razzul from nameless.

I found Gardiaxx playing a cleric. He was on nameless. + 2 other friends who are variable. We group them if we see them online.

I'm excited to get to some of the higher content. We are only 58 yet though. At 60 we plan to get around 24 more aa.

From there we will move to 65 and start raiding, so it's atleast a few months out. Plus we still have to explore red sun mines to farm the components for deepmetals.

A lot of fun awaits us.

Oh ps, what faction would you recommend. Dragon or Giant? or does it matter? Whats the advantages of both?
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Harrison » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:57 am

Yeah, I knew Gardiaxx well back in the day. There's quite a few oldschool nameless players on there.

I get bored soloing. Are you guys 65 yet? I gave you PLENTY of time to level and I last saw most of you in the late 50's.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:02 am

I have a bad habit of not reading entire posts in the morning in my rush.

Ignore that...
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:07 am

http://www.angrygamer.net/sodwiki/index ... _Platemail

In that link you can compare with the dragon equivalent. (think ToV quest armor in Velious)

I am inbetween but I WAS on Giant faction when I was in a good guild. I still have massive amounts of Greater dragon scales in my bank for the time when I get back into the raiding scene.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Naethyn » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:09 am

Unless you go ornate, it just doesn't seem to compare to the top tradeskill gear. Is there any reason to do these quests? What tier is ornate considered? It just doesn't seem to equate.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Naethyn » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:14 am

We'll probably go giant faction. It's much funner killing dragons =p
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Gaazy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:17 pm

Naethyn shoul dbe 65 and a million AAs by now if he didnt mine so much and wait for people to stay caught up !!
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Naethyn » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:11 am

So.... true lol.

I've mined more ore than I care to remember.

Smithing is retarded. But I'm so far now I cant quit.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Dylan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:44 pm

Dragon faction is about a million times easier to do, because Stormkeep (Kael) is alot easier to raid in, and it contains mobs that drop regular storm giant heads, as well as a few named that drop the uber faction heads. Plus, if you ever kill the Stormking, the aug you can get from turning in his head to dragons is ALOT more useful than the one you get from turning in the dragon's head to giants.

And the purpose of ornate is not to actually wear, you only really want the BP and Legs, because Ornate Draconic BP does like a +150 mana buff, and the legs do +30 cr/fr buff that stacks with everything. Or if you go with giant faction you get Ornate Stormforged, which does +150 hp on the bp, and +30 mr on the legs. But in the end you get gems from Outer/Inner prison and turn your ornate into a Combine bp/legs which does +200hp/mana buff on the bp, and +30 to mr/cr/fr on the legs.
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Naethyn » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:21 pm

Good info!
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Kramer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:32 pm

i am uploading EQ titanium to start SOD sooner than later, what are some of ya'lls names so i can yell at you in game?
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Naethyn » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:17 am

Naethyn
    Nikkolaii
    Vadiel
    Jesilyn
    Razzulix
    Dynamix
    Studder
    Naethyn
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Gaazy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:36 pm

Yeah im definitely done. Tried to play a couple nights lately, and it just sucks now. All the stuff thats different, finally gets to the point where its like oh, ok, bye, not fun anymore. That was just a quick 2 or 3 week memory game. Sir Naethyn the Pasty can kiss its ass all he wants, but thats about all it is, a quick memory fix, then it gets old.

It was really fun at first to see all the old zones again, but then youd hit something that was different, like a mob, camp, or completely different levels for the zone, and that took a bit off the fun part. I thought it was fun at first, then I wanted it to be the old way again after a couple weeks.

So ya, if you want a little memory bring fun, this is for you, but knowing everyone on this board, i cant picture many of you being able to go to far before you think oh, bye

Was fun while it lasted :hiphop:
    Gaazy
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Return to Everquest General Discussion