Wow

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Wow

Postby Naethyn » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:37 am

So I decided to go to eqrankings.com and see what the current highest hp war is and... damn

http://eq.magelo.com/quick_search.jspa?keyword=headboss

30k Unbuffed hp war anyone??

~~
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: Wow

Postby Kitao » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:56 am

Is that Beardo?
Kitao
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Dylan » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:47 am

I think that character was beardo, at least originally.

No idea who plays it now.
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Diekan » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:28 am

Dylan wrote:I think that character was beardo, at least originally.

No idea who plays it now.

You're right on the money. Headboss and Beardo are indeed one in the same.

It's sad to see what happened with CT =(

After Quixen retired from the game Yaxa took over as GL and from what I was told it ended up in the hands of Beardo who more or less turned the guild into a farming group for his own gain (big surprise).

Anyway, last I had heard Crimson Tempest is pretty ruined.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:16 am

rofl

I can't imagine people following beardo
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Diekan » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:10 pm

Tikker wrote:rofl

I can't imagine people following beardo

I didn't really like or dislike him. He never did anything negative to me personally, nor did he ever jump to my aid either.

He always seemed to self-absorbed to *notice* anyone else...

Just for kicks I went to the site and checked the members list... His is the ONLY name I even rec. now.

Man it's just sad how dead EQ 1 is now. Logging into the Nameless anymore is like logging into a ghost town - even the so called "hot" zones are fairly dead.

AoC or Darkfall might be the final nail in the coffin of what was arguably the best mmo ever.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:17 pm

you just can't play the same game for 10 years, and not expect it to change

instancing was the big let down for me
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:19 pm

Instancing is the most faggot shit they did to gaming. It should be used for questing at most. To progress a storyline. Not actual content...
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:45 pm

depends if you want to keep customers or not. the type of player that doesn't want any competition when they finally gather enough ppl to go on a raid will eventually quit if he gets trained or cockblocked or KSed or whatever might happen. there are just as many of those types of players as the kind we are, that want max competition and boasting rights...

anyways i think it's hilarious diekan says eq1 is "like a ghost town." after the mergers and CEQ closed and the servers are back to where they were overall before WoW it's been off the hook. there's more ppl, guilds, and shit to do now than i've ever seen in EQ. i'm constantly dodging groups i just got invited to because i get invited to a better one. i can't even raid with my guild yet since i came back and i'm having a blast

sorry it sucked for you when you logged in? dunno what to tell you, really. i'm having more fun in EQ over the last 2 years than i ever did during kunark/velious

definitely a thousand times more fun than any of the eqemulator servers. especially SoD. i'm sorry but they need to get with the times before they try and claim it's better than eqlive. maybe if that wasn't the #1 everyone said to me when i played that game i wouldn't hate it so much. but face it, it's not like live anymore and it's definitely not better. it's just some custom MMO using eq graphics and client from luclin era.... bleh. i couldn't stand it for 10 mins before i deleted
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Haylo » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:54 am

You're right on the money. Headboss and Beardo are indeed one in the same.

It's sad to see what happened with CT =(

After Quixen retired from the game Yaxa took over as GL and from what I was told it ended up in the hands of Beardo who more or less turned the guild into a farming group for his own gain (big surprise).

Anyway, last I had heard Crimson Tempest is pretty ruined.

Actually, after Quixen retired, Morphiious was Guild Leader for a while, then Lanolar and now Headboss. I haven't been to the site in a bit but iirc they were still plugging along at basically the top of EQ content. I don't follow EQ anymore so i'm not sure what "the top" is but if they are a farming guild, it's a fairly recent development.
Tasya
Undead Priest
Malfurion
Haylo
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Reynaldo » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:33 pm

As far as I know, CT is one of the very top guilds in EQ serverwide right now. Either killed or in the process of killing the end boss in the new expansion.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Return to Everquest General Discussion