EverQuest Classic Officially Launched! FREE SERVER!

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: EverQuest Classic Officially Launched! FREE SERVER!

Postby Drem » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:22 pm

there are also servers that sell epics on vendors for a small price

i've been on and off with the emulators since the days when they couldn't even code spell casting correctly and didn't have zones populated or anything. you could basically run around and chat and melee. it's come a long way but since it's all just guessing and hearsay from people that think they know what's up, it's pretty lame in the end compared to live. a lot of things are right on but a lot of things are slightly off. a lot of things

at first it seems like gravy and you're playing EQ for free. but after a while i always end up re-subbing to live because the emulators are whack
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ginzburgh » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:59 am

PEQ is probably the best I've tried. Playing on it now.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gaazy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:02 pm

yeah the vast majority of the servers are a joke. Nothing works right, and its like he said, just go around and chat and fuck around

But I will say this EZ server is set up pretty well. Everything works pretty much, not all buggy and shit everywhere. They also got a handful of raid zones too set up and theyre actually pretty fun.

And yes, you can buy epics at a vendor at lvl 1 for free, but you do pretty well set up and fun quests to upgrade it up to 3.0. And anothe rone of the quests set up is called prestiging. Once you get to 70, you delvl to lvl 1 and lvl back up to 70. every time you do it, you get an upgrade for your ring of the ages. Up to lvl 50, and once there it has 10khp, ect. Lvling 1-70 once your set up only takes a few hours for most people

Its still not live, never will be, but is fun to fuck around on for somethin to do.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Drem » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:23 pm

that sounds fun actually
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gaazy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:30 pm

Well come goof off and check it out. Its not like it costs anything /shrug.

The thing i like about it is all the zones are like they were way back when. I can go fuck around in old zones, and explore like I used to. The server is 4x xp and 5x AA. They also have a certain zone for each 10 lvl sets that are custom, which mean they just drop custom loot. All zones have the xp boost though. These zones are field of bone, oasis, paludal, mistmoore, dulak, velks, BoT, and just added a week or two ago, Plane of Fear. I think there are a few more but those are the ones that come to mind. they add a knew custom zone every now and again

But like i said, Hunter is the guy who made the server, and hes put a HUGE amount of time into it. Hes on like every day fixxing any bugs that show up, adding content, and stuff like that. Its really well done for a custom free server or whatever.

I play prety casually really. Its set up to where you can do that too. If I just wan to play an hour or two, i can pop in and do a prestige lvl, then jump back off. Still getting somerhing accomplished.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Previous

Return to Everquest General Discussion