So I'm playing EQII again

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

So I'm playing EQII again

Postby Naethyn » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:02 am

Man has this game changed! For the better I must say. AncientCrusade moved to the Oasis server. I'm really impressed so far.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: So I'm playing EQII again

Postby Drem » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:52 am

you already quit wow?
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Naethyn » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:17 am

Already? At level 70 we would just PVP all day and it was fun. Wow PVP is dead. It's all about max dps now. Nothing else matters. It's really unfortunate. What is there left to do? My fishing is at 450.... lol
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Drem » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:31 pm

my point exactly. WoW is bitch

10sun plays eq a lot more than i do and i bet he's still nowhere near where he wants to be. i'm not even where i need to be. i'm like 24khp 4kac buffed on my shadowknight and i need to be like 30k 4k5 or something retarded to be up to par for whatever the fuck PoN raids now. that game takes so much effort/time
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:33 pm

WoW is fun with friends for a few months. Then you stop caring about whatever random thing you need to do to get more loot.

PVP is where it's at if you ask me. It keeps you on your toes. Unfortunately I couldn't convince any of my friends to pvp with me. They wanted to run the same dungeon X amount of times repeatedly. I have no desire to do the same shit over and over again.

My days of sitting in one fucking camp are over.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby leah » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:23 pm

josh is also in the group of ppl who think PvP is broken. he's been playing 2s with a feral druid (he's a holy priest) for the past couple of weeks, chasing gladiator like he did last season, and they can't get over 2300 no matter what they do. apparently they're having to deal with a bunch of totally OP hunters and rogues? idk, but it sounds really frustrating.

as for me, i hate PvP. i'm perfectly happy to run naxx over and over again until i finally get journey's end hehe ^^
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby ClakarEQ » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:19 pm

I'm still on eq1 but I just set reasonable goals for my crew, while I do hate long boring camps at least I don't have to wait and search for folks to group with. It has been fun taking down fabled mobs in eq1, the pet proc weapons, etc. I still enjoy the game, but I didn't buy the last expansion (SoD). My tank is sitting around 24k hp and 3500ac, at lvl 80, nearly all my gear is bazaar bought but I have most of my aug slots full via mob drops.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Drem » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:26 pm

ya i have like solteris and steamfactory gear from when i was actually raiding and i don't even have a lot. i just don't have the energy to be productive in that game anymore. maybe when things cool down during summer i'll nerd out again. my account expired a couple days before fabled this year and i don't even wanna resub for that and that was one of my favorite things to do in eq. it's just way too much work. i've tasted the end game enough and i'm tired of it tbqh. morrowind is a lot more fun right now

PS i didn't know you played eq1 at all. who are you/what guild?
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby ClakarEQ » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:22 pm

I'm in Fallen Wolves, my current main is Hermod, where Clakar started (well around lvl 30) in Fallen Wolves back when Jexel, Rydax, and Nenlean were leaders, around the late '99 - March '00 time frame. Clakar's account is a several months short of the new veteran AA where, I guess, you can summon a banker to your current location :)

Clakar went from
-Fallen Wolves
-Call of Acension
-Infusion

Now all my guys are in FW :), anytime you see me I've got 5 other guys in tow LOL.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:01 pm

ClakarEQ wrote:I'm in Fallen Wolves, my current main is Hermod, where Clakar started (well around lvl 30) in Fallen Wolves back when Jexel, Rydax, and Nenlean were leaders, around the late '99 - March '00 time frame. Clakar's account is a several months short of the new veteran AA where, I guess, you can summon a banker to your current location :)

Clakar went from
-Fallen Wolves
-Call of Acension
-Infusion

Now all my guys are in FW :), anytime you see me I've got 5 other guys in tow LOL.

Man, I remember that

Black Templars used to co-op raids with fallen wolves, then eventually kinda merged into CoA
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:40 am

leah wrote:josh is also in the group of ppl who think PvP is broken. he's been playing 2s with a feral druid (he's a holy priest) for the past couple of weeks, chasing gladiator like he did last season, and they can't get over 2300 no matter what they do. apparently they're having to deal with a bunch of totally OP hunters and rogues? idk, but it sounds really frustrating.

as for me, i hate PvP. i'm perfectly happy to run naxx over and over again until i finally get journey's end hehe ^^

Your Journey's End? Clearly hunters only.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:22 am

LIES! have you seen the AP it gives in cat form?? /drool
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby ClakarEQ » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:53 am

I'd be more than happy to hook up with any EQ1 folks, I've got a pretty robust group, usually play around the 9:00pm est - 12 time frame.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Jay » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:58 am

leah wrote:LIES! have you seen the AP it gives in cat form?? /drool

No because I don't have a cat form therefore my Journey's end only gives me what it's supposed to give me.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby kiral » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:41 am

naeth, who did you or are playing on oasis? it was my server too, i was calabee / hujiko, oldschooler of eq2
kiral
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby leah » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:45 pm

jay it gives like an extra 2k of AP at least when in cat form. WANT.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby kiral » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:12 pm

bah i misread that, moved to the oasis server, i thought moved back, ie you played there, my bad!
kiral
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Naethyn » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:21 am

I and about 10 friends play on the Oasis server!!!! Ancient Crusade is the guild name. Hit me up. Naethyn
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Darcler » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:09 pm

I'm on Mistmoore.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Naethyn » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:12 pm

Ps. This game owns! been having so much fun. The guild is level 26 now. 4 more and we get a guild hall. Jasmine has a level 80 carpenter. She can make all kinds of cool house items. There is way to much to do in this game.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Return to Everquest General Discussion