Assassins

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Assassins

Postby Diekan » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:34 pm

I am about to finally be a mythed SK (took my time obviously), but in the course of doing so I have found that I love playing an assassin (an alt that I just recently started taking serious).

I suppose the assassin isn't exactly a true Rogue, but more like the anti-Ranger (much like an SK is to a Paladin). I remember reading some where that assassins used to be the top DPS of melee, but had gotten gimped down and now the truer rogues (Swash and Brig) are top dog. Is this true?

Also, since the Assassin is basically an evil Ranger of sorts - is the ranged DPS comparable to the Ranger?

Any of you play an Assassin? How much do you use your bow?
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Re: Assassins

Postby brinstar » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:12 pm

what in the fuck are you on about sally
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Dylan » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:25 pm

It's weird. He is talking about some kind of video game. In a video game forum of all things.
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Darcler » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:58 pm

I played an Assassin. Mind you, I havent picked her up in a year or something.

I didnt touch my bow, really. If I soloed, I would use it for pulling and if something was rooted, I would scoot back and maybe fire a shot. Our damage is/was (I dont know now) positional close melee.
Rangers do crazy numbers with their bow.
Swash and I think Brigs do great melee, but I think they have more use at any position on a mob than Assassins. Our numbers come from backstabs and the like.

I could be wrong, but that's where I stood a year ago. I dont know if they nerfed us anymore since then.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Naethyn » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:37 pm

Assassins are uber dps. My ranger at 65 had an ability that max hit of 2.5k. One day I looted an assassin level 40 book that had a 5k hit on it.

Swashbucklers are good dps AND they can tank very effectively.

EQ2 ranger is the best implementation of a ranger i've ever played.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Return to Everquest General Discussion