Everquest Next

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Everquest Next

Postby Xaiveir » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:28 pm

Just heard about the new Everquest entitled Next. Essentially its the EQ 1 world, as far as lore etc, with "re imagination". Be interesting to see how this goes over.

http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/83 ... 13a83.html

Anyone thinking of giving it a try?
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Re: Everquest Next

Postby Drem » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:20 pm

absolutely not. everquest is out of control. if the re-imagining of their old-world zones in EQ1 was any indication, and based off the indiscernable artwork in your link, it doesn't remind me of original EQ at all. they don't even keep the same color palettes

not to mention they are on a very solid "put new expansion out every 12 months" tip that totally fucks people like me over that can't sit there and play 5+ hours every day. i bought SoF to play catch up three years ago and never finished. got SoD and didn't do a goddamn thing except get tier 5 mercenary quest done. now i got underfoot and i literally haven't even had time or reason to set foot in those zones. i paid $30 to look at the IZ of brell's rest and zone out because i couldn't do anything there yet

if you don't play like a hardcorehardcorehardcoreLOS-type like some of us were back in the day, you're just wasting your time. and i don't particularly think Everquest Next will be any different

so if you're into worlds whose zones are 5% populated (hotzones and the newest expansion only) with a system that's set up to promote people to own six different accounts so they can box their own group and do a 30-man raid with 4 real people...... have fun

because me, as a solo player with one account and one character, it's about the most boring game around now. no one wants to group because they box their own groups and that's basically EQ's downfall. there's no reliance on other classes and no real need for other people.... and now with mercenaries it's even worse

so basically: no. pass
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:14 pm

you need to sell your computer and buy an old gameboy

that sounds more about your speed
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:36 pm

i think i'm cured of the MMORPG bug, but even if i wasn't i still wouldn't play EQ

if anything i'd do WoW again with my dad/sister/future BIL :dunno:
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tikker » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:40 pm

yeah i think a couple of us are going to fire up wow again for cataclysm and roll werewolves
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tossica » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:16 pm

I still think they need to release the original EQ as a stand alone game similar to NWN or Dungeon Siege but done in 1st person.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:36 pm

Tikker wrote:yeah i think a couple of us are going to fire up wow again for cataclysm and roll werewolves

You guys can count me in for that.

I like a lot of what I see coming for this expansion. (Odd, since I thought both BC and WOTLK were terrible...)
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby 10sun » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:45 pm

Tossica wrote:I still think they need to release the original EQ as a stand alone game similar to NWN or Dungeon Siege but done in 1st person.

Yes.

Make sure the groupmates can be recruited from EC Tunnel... and have very distinct personalities.

eg.
Cleric A is quick on the heals, but falls asleep half the time.
Cleric B is slow to heal, but likes to melee.
Bard A twists songs with incredible deftness, but has a habit of ninja looting gear and disbanding.
Bard B sucks, but never takes any of the loot unless it is bard only.
Druid A has no sense of proximity aggro and frequently causes trains.
Druid B always snares mobs and DPSs but is a premature evacuator.

Stuff like that.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby brinstar » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:54 am

mage A has no idea what the fuck he's doing and frequently draws aggro with his nukes, although his pet control is second to none
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:22 pm

Tikker wrote:you need to sell your computer and buy an old gameboy

that sounds more about your speed

um, or i'm not gonna pay a shitload of money a month to run a bunch of accounts in the land of make believe you fuckin retard. unlike you i actually have a life, i don't have time to raise fat children and tuck my t-shirts in for pictures of all the redneck bullshit that i buy
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:19 pm

c'mon guys lighten up
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tikker » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:08 pm

Rawr Internet rage
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:31 pm

yea that's what i thought bitch
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:47 pm

I didn't realize people still thought "unlike u i haev a lif3" was a valid retort to anything to do with videogames lol
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Dimuza » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:58 am

10sun wrote:
Tossica wrote:I still think they need to release the original EQ as a stand alone game similar to NWN or Dungeon Siege but done in 1st person.

Yes.

Make sure the groupmates can be recruited from EC Tunnel... and have very distinct personalities.

eg.
Bard A twists songs with incredible deftness, but has a habit of ninja looting gear and disbanding.

Stuff like that.

that was one of the funniest, most accurate eq-skewerings that I've read in a while. Gracias, senhor.
Dimuza
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Nusk » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:52 pm

i would disagree

EQ1 model of mmo is dead and buried with only the dieharders left

eq2 model never quit took off but was a total blast till the shadow oddessey was released and became a game where anyone could get the best gear in the game if they just ran 1 quest 300 times

battlegrounds and sentinels fate were even worse

ill give eq next a try. if history is any sign it will be fantastic for 1-3 years before becomming asstastic
Nusk
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Drem » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:01 pm

Harrison wrote:I didn't realize people still thought "unlike u i haev a lif3" was a valid retort to anything to do with videogames lol

i'm gonna let you sit on this and think about how much of a fucking loser you are. i can point out how gay it is to devote all of your time to video games and spending money on running a whole group for yourself in EQ but what's the point if people still think having a busy life has nothing to do with one's ability to play games on the same level as someone that's a bitch w/ no life that plays video games all day long. or worse yet, makes their living selling video game items on the internet

but you're pretty much the poster child for loser video gamers with no life and no ambition so i don't know why i'd bother
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:13 am

Drem wrote:
Harrison wrote:I didn't realize people still thought "unlike u i haev a lif3" was a valid retort to anything to do with videogames lol

i'm gonna let you sit on this and think about how much of a fucking loser you are. i can point out how gay it is to devote all of your time to video games and spending money on running a whole group for yourself in EQ but what's the point if people still think having a busy life has nothing to do with one's ability to play games on the same level as someone that's a bitch w/ no life that plays video games all day long. or worse yet, makes their living selling video game items on the internet

but you're pretty much the poster child for loser video gamers with no life and no ambition so i don't know why i'd bother

was this necessary?
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:27 pm

Lol and that rage right there is exactly what I meant. I see it every time I hop onto any game in my free time.

"OMG U HAVE NO LIEF"

"OMG U CHEAT"

Etc. etc.

You can't just accept some people are better than you. It HAS to be that they play a significant amount of time more than you, or have no friends or some other bullshit you fabricate on the spot to make yourself feel better. You rage instead of think about the possibility that someone is just better than you.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby 10sun » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:37 pm

Dimuza wrote:
10sun wrote:

Yes.

eg.

Stuff like that.

that was one of the funniest, most accurate eq-skewerings that I've read in a while. Gracias, senhor.

Add in more details like if certain clerics join, most others in your group will leave the group.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Evermore » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:22 am

Nusk wrote:i would disagree

EQ1 model of mmo is dead and buried with only the dieharders left

eq2 model never quit took off but was a total blast till the shadow oddessey was released and became a game where anyone could get the best gear in the game if they just ran 1 quest 300 times

battlegrounds and sentinels fate were even worse

ill give eq next a try. if history is any sign it will be fantastic for 1-3 years before becomming asstastic

Nusk speaks truth
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Drem » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:33 pm

Harrison wrote:Lol and that rage right there is exactly what I meant. I see it every time I hop onto any game in my free time.

"OMG U HAVE NO LIEF"

"OMG U CHEAT"

Etc. etc.

You can't just accept some people are better than you. It HAS to be that they play a significant amount of time more than you, or have no friends or some other bullshit you fabricate on the spot to make yourself feel better. You rage instead of think about the possibility that someone is just better than you.

yeah and how are they better? people aren't just born with this shit

so let's analyze what your typically weak diss. you're talking about you probably playing FPS games with 12 year olds. how long have you been playing FPS games? since they existed i imagine. so by right you should be pretty damn decent.... actually nevermind, i don't know why i have to explain something this simple to you

so congratulations, you're better, because you've put far more time into these games than i have. so let's go into the kitchen so i can out-cook the shit out of you and laugh at you and say i'm "just better than you". because it's all i've done for the last seven years. because that's basically how you treat people that aren't good at games

and besides, i was talking about EQ. and if you don't think time invested = progress in EQ, i dont' know what game you're talking about. tho time invested in basically anything in the world = progress but i guess you just expect everything to fall into your hands, or if you're not good at it you probably quit instead of practice

i can't imagine you guys are this callous and stupid IRL. or we must be living in totally different worlds. yours full of assholes that point fingers and have to be "the best" and mine full of samaritans that like to be realistic rather than petty and idealistic
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:29 pm

i will turn this thread RIGHT AROUND mister
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:08 pm

that's ok this thread sucks as usual

i almost can't believe i have to explain to a grown man why people are good at what they do

oh shit i'm so amazed the most badass EQ players are the ones playing nonstop for years running multiple accounts they must just simply be better than me :jerkit:
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:37 pm

You like to make up excuses for your shortcomings. :dunno:
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Next

Return to Everquest General Discussion