EQ drama, too much fun

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

EQ drama, too much fun

Postby KaiineTN » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:51 pm

So as some of you know, I've been playing on the new progression server. I run a Bard and a Wizard. Recently, I joined the "top" guild on the server, Twisted Legion. Now, Twisted Legion has various policies, such as an applicant status for three weeks before members voting on whether or not to promote you to being a full member. That's not too unusual, right?

Well, the server progresses, people become high enough for Planes, and the farming begins. Twisted Legion realizes their roster is slim, and begins heavy recruiting as to be able to maintain dominance on the server. This leads to God/Dragon raids where literally half of the raid are apps.

I say something along the lines of "It's a douche move to have half your raid be apps yet still reserve loot priority for yourselves" in a private message to a member with whom I thought I had become friends with.

Shortly thereafter, the guild leader rages in guild chat and removes me, as if threatened by the notion that apps might take his gear if they realized the guild couldn't do shit without them. I instantly send a message to the leader of their rival guild (I leveled with him a fair bit), and get tagged in it, while still in Twisted Legion's raid. That amused me greatly. It would also be good to mention that my Wizard was the sole Wizard in the raid for Hate ports, and that my Bard was the puller.

Perhaps the best part of all of this is that the core of Twisted Legion brags about being from the best guild on the Project 1999 emu server, a guild which, ironically, I founded with a few friends.

Oh, this is too much fun.
KaiineTN
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: EQ drama, too much fun

Postby Reynaldo » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:55 am

Matches your avatar nicely!
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tossica » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:11 am

What server are you on Flink?
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby KaiineTN » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:53 am

Fippy.

And yes, it does match the avatar, I thought that too. ;)
KaiineTN
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:59 am

I saw a cleric in full hate armor with Dawnfire yesterday on Vulak. I had no idea both gods had been killed already. I guess all of the progression tasks have been met now?
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby KaiineTN » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:16 am

Sky hasn't been cleared yet, I don't know if that's something on the checklist.

From what I understand, there is some fixed amount of time before a vote will come up to determine whether or not Kunark should be launched.

By the way, there is trash in Hate that drops Kunark/Velious quality loot (10 wis 20 sv magic 60hp/mana belt, 11/19 1hb, 30 ac 10 wis 100 hp shield, etc). So the "classic" nature of the server is a joke.
KaiineTN
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:30 am

KaiineTN wrote:Sky hasn't been cleared yet, I don't know if that's something on the checklist.

From what I understand, there is some fixed amount of time before a vote will come up to determine whether or not Kunark should be launched.

By the way, there is trash in Hate that drops Kunark/Velious quality loot (10 wis 20 sv magic 60hp/mana belt, 11/19 1hb, 30 ac 10 wis 100 hp shield, etc). So the "classic" nature of the server is a joke.

I don't remember Sky being one of the planes available in Vanilla EQ. It might have been there but wasn't populated until much later.

Sounds like an oversight if that kind of loot is dropping...
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:01 pm

KaiineTN wrote:Perhaps the best part of all of this is that the core of Twisted Legion brags about being from the best guild on the Project 1999 emu server, a guild which, ironically, I founded with a few friends.

Oh, this is too much fun.

Judging by their attitudes they're probably in the zergfagforce DA.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:24 pm

i'm not saying you were wrong but neither should you be surprised

don't start nothin, won't be nothin
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:41 pm

He did have a legitimate point.

If >50% of your force are "recruits". Why are they not gaining the benefit as those next to them, on a server where people are at most a week old anyways?

They sound like a bunch of raging fagbosses, and if my suspicions are right from what I've been reading on P99's forums...they are.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:19 pm

Sky was indeed there in vanilla. LOS cleared up through the horse island at least pre-kunark. It's just that much of the content up there simply cannot be killed until you have the levels/gear from at least some kunark raiding.

Not to blow our horn overmuch, but LOS was the first guild to make a real push in Sky after Kunark as well. That's how we found that Sirran was, at that point, dictateable, and we were able to use him to tank one of the uber-efreets. Only reason we didn't clear it first, is we didn't have FOH's dev connections to know to say "llaw eht htiw eno ma I" to Sirran at the next to last island to activate the port to the top island. We were the 2nd guild to kill Sister of the Spire, though, and I ended up being the first ever monk serverwide to get the haste belt from Sky.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Reynaldo » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:34 am

That's one of the funny things about EQ, was how there was absolutely NO WAY to figure out some things in the game without dev hints. There was no lore or anything that would tell you that's what needed to be said to Sirran.

I remember the bard 1.0 epic when we were working on it. There was a guy in South Karana just standing there. Didn't respond to anything at all, and you only got the quest update when you said a specific phrase to him, which was no where to be found in the rest of the quest. Just had to know it from message boards which in turn I'd imagine came from Devs/Thott. So gay.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tikker » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:40 am

Same with the recipee for seru bane

You had to kill that 1 dude who would drop a book with it

And we never got him to drop the book nor was there any reason to kill him other than bat phone
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tossica » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:37 am

Arlos wrote:Sky was indeed there in vanilla. LOS cleared up through the horse island at least pre-kunark. It's just that much of the content up there simply cannot be killed until you have the levels/gear from at least some kunark raiding.

Not to blow our horn overmuch, but LOS was the first guild to make a real push in Sky after Kunark as well. That's how we found that Sirran was, at that point, dictateable, and we were able to use him to tank one of the uber-efreets. Only reason we didn't clear it first, is we didn't have FOH's dev connections to know to say "llaw eht htiw eno ma I" to Sirran at the next to last island to activate the port to the top island. We were the 2nd guild to kill Sister of the Spire, though, and I ended up being the first ever monk serverwide to get the haste belt from Sky.

-Arlos

I'm nearly positive Sky came with a patch long after EQ was released. Initially there were no planes. Fear and Hate came not long after launch but were bugged and being cleared by single groups and there was no level restriction. There were lvl 9 twinks walking around in full planes armor. They shut the zones down and relaunched them with the level restriction and buffed up encounters. Sky came several months later, before The Nameless even existed.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:34 pm

So Pabaf is GM of Twisted Legion?
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby 10sun » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:19 pm

Tossica wrote:
Arlos wrote:Sky was indeed there in vanilla. LOS cleared up through the horse island at least pre-kunark. It's just that much of the content up there simply cannot be killed until you have the levels/gear from at least some kunark raiding.

-Arlos

I'm nearly positive Sky came with a patch long after EQ was released. Initially there were no planes. Fear and Hate came not long after launch but were bugged and being cleared by single groups and there was no level restriction. There were lvl 9 twinks walking around in full planes armor. They shut the zones down and relaunched them with the level restriction and buffed up encounters. Sky came several months later, before The Nameless even existed.

I want to say it was added around the same time as Kedge Keep.
I do disagree w/ Arlos' statement re: Sky post-Kunark. Sanctuary made major pushes into Sky as well; I was the second on the server to sport a Golden Efreeti BP after Tolan (I think that was his name).
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby KaiineTN » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:06 pm

I thought Fear was live at launch? Maybe I'm wrong though, I'm not exactly sure when I started playing. The Nameless was new when I did--was that a server that existed at launch, or one they added later?

I don't think Hate wasn't in at that point, but I don't really know. Did PoHate's release coincide with Lustrous Russet no longer dropping, replaced by all the class specific armor?
KaiineTN
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:18 pm

Nameless was not one of the original 12 servers. It and several other servers were launched several months after the game went live because the initial servers were too crowded.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Arlos » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:34 pm

Yeah, nameless came later. I actually joined Nameless in December of 99, just after it had some database meltdown of some kind. I think Nameless MAY have had at least fear from day 1, but I'm not sure. Sky was added later, not at initial release, but it was there, populated and itemized well before Kunark was released.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:41 pm

Arlos wrote:Yeah, nameless came later. I actually joined Nameless in December of 99, just after it had some database meltdown of some kind. I think Nameless MAY have had at least fear from day 1, but I'm not sure. Sky was added later, not at initial release, but it was there, populated and itemized well before Kunark was released.

-Arlos

you... you mean... you weren't there during The Gameless? when the server was down for over two full days?
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Jay » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:23 am

KaiineTN wrote:I thought Fear was live at launch? Maybe I'm wrong though, I'm not exactly sure when I started playing. The Nameless was new when I did--was that a server that existed at launch, or one they added later?

I don't think Hate wasn't in at that point, but I don't really know. Did PoHate's release coincide with Lustrous Russet no longer dropping, replaced by all the class specific armor?

Hey Flink, what do you do for a living?
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Return to Everquest General Discussion