Arlos

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Arlos

Postby Harrison » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:17 am

I used you as an example in a PVP argument on P99's forums. (along with Glubgawd, Glicboomaker, etc.)

They claim they're better than any of us "bluebies" ever were or could be.(Ignoring the fact a lot of us over on P99 are avid pvpers)

I just needed to post proof of a relevant time and used you as well as the rest of the BOTB winners from our server alone, nevermind the others.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Re: Arlos

Postby Arlos » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Hell, you could use Drolkrad or Sirc (I think it was? Mage?) who were both nameless people who won the whole class BOTB. Or if you don't mind using people from other servers, Wendolyn and Thott from Afterlife won the Rogue & Bard BOTBs, and it was a FOH monk that won the Monk BOTB. Or, for a couple of PVP gods that were on Nameless: Ronald and Manalope. I am quite sure the only reason Manalope didn't win the Priest BOTB on Test (he did win Nameless) is because they scheduled the finals on a date he was out of town.

Oh, and it was a huge cadre of LOS members that founded Ruin on Sullon Zek and proceeded to utterly dominate the server. I mean dominate to the point that they still had the highest score there 6+ months after the guild disbanded, they were that far ahead.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:05 pm

heh i was talking to some Rift guildies last night about the olden days

they were like "YOU WERE ON THE NAMELESS?? OMG"
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:49 pm

Arlos wrote:Hell, you could use Drolkrad or Sirc (I think it was? Mage?) who were both nameless people who won the whole class BOTB. Or if you don't mind using people from other servers, Wendolyn and Thott from Afterlife won the Rogue & Bard BOTBs, and it was a FOH monk that won the Monk BOTB. Or, for a couple of PVP gods that were on Nameless: Ronald and Manalope. I am quite sure the only reason Manalope didn't win the Priest BOTB on Test (he did win Nameless) is because they scheduled the finals on a date he was out of town.

Oh, and it was a huge cadre of LOS members that founded Ruin on Sullon Zek and proceeded to utterly dominate the server. I mean dominate to the point that they still had the highest score there 6+ months after the guild disbanded, they were that far ahead.

-Arlos

I posted this as well. (I went over to SZ on release, too.)

They had all kinds of excuses lined up.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:37 pm

vast majority of pvp was based on gear

gear was easier to get on blue servers

that being said, there were some better than others (manalope comes to mind)
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:33 pm

Manalope was disgusting good. That circle strafing cheal thing he did....holy shit.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby 10sun » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:43 pm

That was some straight up bullshit enabled by third party programs.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Harrison » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:36 pm

Nah, you could run anywhere on the map 1000s of feet as long as you ended up in the same spot when the spell landed at the 10 second mark.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby 10sun » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:50 pm

I know that. I used to exploit that all the time.

Manalope was able to do it w/o a marker or corner of any sort; as well as tell you what spawns were up & CR anywhere with minimal effort required. The worst though... dueling him in Skyfire: I'd go to cast on him and he'd be melee'ing me. Right before my spell was to land, my target is not in range... then he was back.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Harrison » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:48 pm

There's a very good chance he was using MQ to mark where he was and autorun back to it once he hit a hotkey to do so at his leisure, then.

When I stopped playing seriously I fucked around with memory editing, MQ, SEQ, etc. on live.

MQ could autokite all of Maiden's Eye on a bard, no fail (with proper latency).
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:34 pm

moral of the story is manalope wasn't tight at all. he just used hax that nobody knew about at the time. people like him are shit upon and scorned in EQ today. tho they also consist of 99% of the playerbase and have effectively ruined the whole fucking game..... sad

so i guess they aren't shit upon at all. i bet the same type of people that use MQ and box their own parties are the ones that beat battletoads with a gamegenie. pussies

"there's a very good chance" lol
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Return to Everquest General Discussion