Postby brinstar » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:57 pm

fair enough, i take it back.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Re: Give me a history lesson - LoS/Old school/Uber people

Postby Lyion » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:20 pm

If LoS had taken Taxx, it all would've been worthwhile, but no.....
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tossica » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:29 pm

I was a guild tease. Everyone wanted me but I wouldn't give up that ass!
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Lyion wrote:If LoS had taken Taxx, it all would've been worthwhile, but no.....

Taxx is a funny guy. Me and him were like brothers when we were playing WoW. I mean I always new he was a bit unstable, but I was full bore in that guild with him. It all went tits up though. Now that was way more drama then LoS vs Sanctuary.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Lyion » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:11 pm

Taxx was an awesome cleric, but higher maintenance than a French beauty queen. I bet you have some fun stories of him in WOW. Heck, half the reason I came to this board after quitting EQ was to read the Taxx, Kizzy, IF, etc dramamama.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:49 pm

Lyion wrote:Taxx was an awesome cleric, but higher maintenance than a French beauty queen. I bet you have some fun stories of him in WOW. Heck, half the reason I came to this board after quitting EQ was to read the Taxx, Kizzy, IF, etc dramamama.

jesus i remember that. JER-RY! JER-RY! JER-RY!

my favorite part was when taxx accused me of being jealous. trololo!
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Menelvir » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:02 am

Aren't some (most) of those old flames/confrontations still extant here on this board, in old threads?

For the longest time, I wasn't in any guild. If the in-game activity wasn't soloable, then I either wasn't doing it, or was trying unsuccessfully to do it alone. Much later, I did join a guild and it was only one in which I ever had membership. It was casual, but it was low-key and friendly, which suited me. I enjoyed playing the game, and I put in a fair number of hours, but I was never hardcore, which means there was a lot of content I never saw.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby brinstar » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:06 am

for some reason i think most of the taxx/kizzy meltdown happened on NT 2.0, which was run by Reevex (this here is NT 3.0, with the ezboard being 1.0)

i could be wrong though
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Susvain » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:48 am

Wow this is awesome guys. Lol..i love this stuff. How about more on the guild drama with LoS and other nameless guilds?? Id love that stuff.

On a sidenote, any former raiders from Brothers of Darkness remember me as the sometimes main tank, or 3/4/5th best geared tank in the guild for some periods? Is it funny now that i was in the 4th and 5th grade as i tanked Ntov, Kunark and some PoP stuff? granted it was Ntov after PoP was released >.>

Me being in the 4th grade make it okay that i was an unbelievable annoying chatterbox back then?? =P.... gawd lol....i wasn't well liked in BOD. That's saying something..
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Susvain » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:02 am

I'm glad Harrison enjoys this post. I was actually scared to return to this thread since i posted it because i thought alot of people on here would make fun of me for it. Man i really wasn't like in EQ lol. BUT, tell me more about:

Tell me a little bit about how good Sanctuary was? And why did they lose members after they fucked up the LoS dain kill? They fucked up the ring 10 event? I remember doing the event a few times in GD but i dont understand how they fucked it up for you? I dont know the Dain encounter...BoD never did it i dont beleive and i ALWAYSSSSSSSSSSs wanted to. But Why did Sanctuary lose members? Banned? Or Quit or Embarassed??

Did Llod actually have sexual encounters in real life with that wife?

What exactly is the "Batphone" you refer to?

." Hideaki who was the server GM bitched about them to us, about their connections and ability to get management to make him do things. " - Lyion

^^^ What does this quote mean exactly ^^^^^

What were LoS raid times? Days/hours?
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Susvain » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:09 am

Lyion was in Sanctuary or in LoS ?? Some of ya'll gotta clarify what uber guilds or what not that you played in when you tell me these epic posts...but i love it so much thanks ALOT Arlos. Tell me more ;)

How about the origins of LoS? Tell me about some of the early PoFear and Hate raids...that must of been fun.

Also tell me more about enganging new boss content and raid zones WITHOUT using strategies and guides already posted on the internet? My guild, Brothers of Darkness cleared alot of Ntov and Emp SSra and eventually AHR...but we did it way after you all did with plenty of information online. I can't imagine the rush and intensity it was doing all of these uber bosses withotu any outside help.

Brad McQuaid was in FoH? LOL that's some pretty big horse shit lmao...how ya gonna compete with that? Is this confirmed?
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Susvain » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:13 am

How does someone figure out the PoSky "I am one with the law" bullshit? Without insider knowledge....what was the actual way players were suppose to figure out that phrase? Was there clues or guides or a quest in-game? The Sirran guy or whatever is what im referring to.

PLEASE, anyone in LoS or other uber guilds....contribute anything you deem relevant to this thread....everything so far has been extremely interesing. I don't relaly care about anything past PoP.

What are the "special" people Arlos is referring to in LoS?
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Susvain » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:17 am

BEST OF THE BEST!!! I am DYING to hear about this!! Was it server-wide competitions?? Was it only for inter-server competitions?? I dont know anything about it how it worked or who won or anything...it was a little before my time.

Also, who were the first people on our server to get each EPICX?
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Susvain » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:23 am

How about a fairly accurae list of the best guilds on the nameless in order? if you can make the list in categories per expansion, that would be even cooler!!!

LoS always number 1??

ANY WORLD firsts LoS had...i wanna know DETAILS about it. the boss, the raid, the strat, the people, the day the kill!!!
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Susvain » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:26 am

Tell me about the Taiwan flood? And i really wanna know about the VANILLA EQ raids and elite guilds. Pre Kunark shiz would be super neat. I <3 everyone who is participating in this thread.

If i could have dinner with anything throughout the history of mankind....maybe Arlos would make the list. ;)
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Susvain » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:44 am

Who were the founding memebrs of LoS? And who were the officers/leaders over time.?

No offense, but who were the biggest jerks or assholes in LoS? Or the biggest assholes who were in l33t guilds on Nameless? I wanna hear some epic LoS trainss onto other guilds lol...or vice versa..

How about when the uber guilds were steam rolling and playing well and then suddenly had a turn for the worst. How did some of the guilds react from being so well-off to all the sudden hit a slump, or a serious problem with the guild?

Id L O V E to hear about the old epic threads on this website between the l33t guilds? What they were about etc...or if there are any links to them?

Again, if someone could provide a rough list of the best > worst top guilds of the Namless that would be EXTREMELY helpful. And if we could get some lists by expansion...gawd that would be neat-o! THANKS So much everyone for responding well to this thread...im sure use to getting made fun of every time i post on this website,

ARLOS, LYION. I need more. Mudcrush YOU TOO. I remember inspecting Mudcrush in the bazaar and around...somehow i think it was an innate feeling everyone had that i was understood Mudcrush was the coolest guy on the server.

Being in BoD i'd LOVE to hear any drama or just the history of that guild...thanks everyone.....cmon Arlos...tell me more ;)
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Susvain » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:52 am

I'd love to know about the first PoHate/Fear runs on the server, along with the first LoS attempts at these. The corpse runs...the success/failures....the boss kills...

I think it would be WICKED COOL if there was some detailed information about the progression/server firsts for raids by each expansion.

Perhaps ive repeated myself numerous times, but i love this stuff guys. Very cool ;) The nostalgic value to someone who was emersed in Everquest from ages 9-13 is INCREDIBLE! I still talk to Dinadass and Jazendar....my friends from age 9 to 22!

LETS HEAR ABOUT THE FAMOUS/INFAMOUS GUILD POACHINGS!! This is a common theme for any MMO. I recruited heavily from inferior guilds in WoW and i was notoriously hated/revered for it. Oh boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im getting giddy thinking about the potential of what occured in the oldschool Nameless!!!!! xDDDDDD
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Susvain » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:01 am

Seriously LoS members....ARLOS....i wanna know about EVERY early attempts you had on every raid boss/zone throughout PoP....walk me through the days ya had...

oh and who the hell is Swors of Shock? Swords of Swords or whatever the guild name is...havent heard about them. And yeah the Taiwan invasion tell me more!!!

wuwu~~~ CCC~~ @@~~~ gann~~cc

anyone whos got nameless drama...lets hear it. CAN ANYONE BELIEVE i was actually KICKED OUT!!! of Brothers of Darkness? BoD, whom i loved because they gave me my first chance to raid somewhat high-end....the guild was often referred to as......Brothers of Zergness....a n00b zerging guild...the guild of rejects or toolbags...I got kicked out of this guild because i joined some of my uber friends in other guilds do a small 1-2 group raid on that random dragon spawn in Cobalt Scar. Myself, Trepiz, Brambasen...Dethvegi....and others....Naediian....anyway....We organized our super-pug to do it and at the same time MY GUILD noticed the spawn was up and began to form a mini-raid to do it. Needless to say...desperate for friends and the chance to trade-UP in guilds....i stayed with my friends/PuG and MT'd that dragon while a group or two of my GUILDEES watched. Of course the gear I wanted did not drop. I then made a post on our guild website explaining my actions and explaining what i did. Being 11 years old or so i remember the post was completely incoherent and unorganized and generally made no sense lol. Everyone who responded to me said something like..."Huh??" "What??" "Does any1 know what this means??" "wtf are you even talking abou?" So i didn't log on for about a week and when i log on...BAM..guildless. I don't know how many sad individuals had the honor of being GUILD REMOVED from Brothers of Darkness.....sad...lol
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Susvain » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:11 am

Who remembers "BEARDO" the dwarf warrior who was always decked out in trade-able gear who ALWAYS was SAT down at Torch 2 in the EC tunnel?? That guy was a legend.

Oh and tell me about the LoS members getting banned?? For performing some pull in Vex'Thal that wasn't allowed or what not? Thats cool. Were there any other significant BANNINGS for uber members of uber guilds? Mass bannings for illegal strats/exploits?

What happened with THE SLEEPER!!! on our sever. I assume LoS awakened that ho?? What exactly happens she awakes anyway? She walked around Velious for one week and killed every npc/player in its path?? Or did it just wander for a few hours?? What exactly happened.

I can SECOND that LoS members neverrrrrrrrrrr really chilled about with the public masses. I rarely saw any of them, except for Mudcrush Durtfeet....who was always there. I once inspected Tigole in the Bazaar arena...he was kind enough to let me jizz at his character and not kill SLAY me.

What were the famous ninja-looting circumstances on our beloved server? What were the big items that god ninja'd and who did the NINJA'ING???

OH!!!!1 Something else!!! Can someone tell me about the GM events on our server??? I remember some weak ones...like the kobolds in West Commonlands....but correct me if im wrong, there was some epic ones that occured in Kithicor forrest?? With like...Firiona Vie/Inny or some shit???
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Ganzo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:18 am

Holly crap, did you forget the meds? :eyecrazy:
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby 10sun » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:26 pm

Ganzo wrote:Holly crap, did you forget the meds? :eyecrazy:
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Harrison » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:41 pm

Susvain was my boy back in the EQ days. I was a cleric, and he was a warrior, so it's only natural lol
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Snero » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:05 pm

wow, memories...

I'll do a few of your questions. I was an officer in sanctuary for a few years, and was with the guild when it was officially disbanded, then I moved to LoS, was guild leader for 3 or 4 years.

Tell me a little bit about how good Sanctuary was? And why did they lose members after they fucked up the LoS dain kill? They fucked up the ring 10 event? I remember doing the event a few times in GD but i dont understand how they fucked it up for you? I dont know the Dain encounter...BoD never did it i dont beleive and i ALWAYSSSSSSSSSSs wanted to. But Why did Sanctuary lose members? Banned? Or Quit or Embarassed??
Sanctuary was the #2 or #3 guild for a few years in the server's early history. there was a lot of good players there, but it lacked organization and there wasn't a lot of strategy used in downing mobs, that really held the guild back.

The Dain incident is this. The cleric best of the best was taking place and Sanctuary was planning on attempting to kill the dain once the event was over. LoS found out and massed before Sanctuary. Fell logged into Ultimus' account (troll warrior) to initiated the ring war script, which caused the Dain to despawn while they were fighting him. This caused the Ultimus character to get banned, and a number of the guild to leave in disgust/embarrassment. The general feeling in Sanctuary was that LoS we're jerks and played dirty but we kept our noses clean, that we (Sanctuary) may not be liked, may not be the best, but that we were at least the good guys.

After that event, fell, goldlily, freon, lethonas left the server (server transfers had started but you got to the new server without any gear/money) and joined the top guild on tholux paells, and a number of other members simply quit (Arielia didn't leave at this time, Bzul did however). This left Sanctuary without any leadership. The remnants tried to recruit heavily and re-gear. This went on for months, until all the newly geared people left for LoS or Remedy. The decision was finally made to disband the guild.

Did Llod actually have sexual encounters in real life with that wife?

no

What exactly is the "Batphone" you refer to?

You were probably too young to know about the red batphone from the old adam west batman. Essentially it means having an in with the developers and being able to ask them questions or get favourable treatment

What were LoS raid times? Days/hours?

Early on there were no set raid times, you raided when there was something to kill. From the point I joined in late Velious up until I quit, raids were Sunday to Friday, 7 or 8 to 12 or 1 EST

BEST OF THE BEST!!! I am DYING to hear about this!! Was it server-wide competitions?? Was it only for inter-server competitions?? I dont know anything about it how it worked or who won or anything...it was a little before my time.

Each class had a best of the best competition, the winners from each server were then copied over and competed for a server-wide winner. The server winners were given a special title related to their class, and the server-wide winners were also given a special title.

As far as I remember, LoS won almost all of the BotB competitions, although there were a few exceptions.

Cleric: manalope
Wizard: sirc (Tenaj nuked himself or he probably would have won)
Enchanter: Daelomin
Mage: Glicboomaker
ranger: Lluadin (I think it was something like this)
Monk: Arlos
rogue: tigole
shadowknight: zzijah
Snero
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Arlos » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:01 pm

Polo won the bard BOTB, and I'm pretty sure Glubgawd won the Warrior one.

Necro was won by Drolkrad, I think it was.

Pretty sure Sirc and Drolkrad won the finals on Test as well. Me, I got paired vs a Iksar monk from a Zek server in round 1, and ended up getting out-regenned. Still, winning the server is why I had the in-character title of "The Disciple" after my name.

Beyond the single-class Best of the Best competitions, there were 3 team competitions, called Test of Tactics. The first 2 were single-group, the last one was 18-man mini-raid teams.

LOS Team 2, with Me, Ariel, Barn, Jmann, Vertulias and I forget who else won the server for the first one, despite being a team literally thrown together at the last minute. (There was a primary LOS team, but the 6 of us wanted to participate, so we made our own team, and ended up winning.) We actually did pretty well in the finals on test, winning like 3 rounds before we ran into a team that had 3 monks with stun staves, who were able to lock Barn down.

The 2nd one was won by a Sanc team, who I am pretty sure lost in the first round on test.

The 3rd one, the 18v18, was won by an LOS team on Nameless. On Test, we crushed some team from some lesser known server in round 1, before we got paired up against the Rallos Zek team. Now, the rules of that one were that you could use any expendable item you wanted, so the seriously hardcore teams all farmed up Soulfires (with 5 charges of instant-click CHeal each) for every team member. We had 1 person with one, because we hadn't done the pre-tourney work. We still almost beat RZ, losing something like 14-12.

As for the Taiwanese flood, the story I heard (and this may be completely apocryphal) is that it stemmed from a mistranslation in their version of the manual. Where instead of it saying there to "Select name of server" it said "Select Nameless server."

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Mudcrush Durtfeet » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:27 am

I can't remember very well (it's a long time since '99) but here's a list of some of the founding members of LoS. If I forget someone, I apologize.

Cleric Sengir maybe Valia?

Genjiro(monk)
Warrior(Drawd Vahn, Glubgawd, trollie I think?)
Shaman(Finger, Yours truly)
Avslatar (ShadowKnight, was two people one of whom played a shaman later named Henric)
Caswallawn or something like that, Kessryn (first person who quit, not sure if he lasted two weeks) (ranger)
There was some Paladin that was always far behind us and a friend of the officers or something, I forget his name.
I think Dryboneskeleton was a founding member, but I am not sure.
I can't remember if Tenaj was a founding member.
I think Saldor was NOT a founding member but joined soon after?
I can't remember if Polonious was a founding member. :-(

That's the best I can do, perhaps someone else remembers better than I.

I don't think Ronald joined until a few days after the guild started, but I could be wrong.
A founding member of Legacy of Steel
Mudcrush Durtfeet
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

PreviousNext

Return to Everquest General Discussion