Kind of giving this another go

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Kind of giving this another go

Postby Zanchief » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:55 pm

Still trying to recover some old accounts but the mercs really open the game up a lot. I was able to wonder around City of Mist with a lvl 51 warrior for a good three hours, fighting low blues and dark blues constantly, something I never would have been able to do before. I got some pretty good exp too, although I'm sure there are power groups that can get to lvl 95 in a few days now.

I am still not very familiar with a lot of the new features, like PoK for example, but getting used to them. One thing that struck me as odd is I had a little trouble with the runner in CoM (i went there because I wanted undead mobs) and died. Low and behold, I was resurrected with very little (if any) exp penalties and all my equipment. I was ready to curse my run back from highpass (neglected to bind) but I didn't even have to. I just carried on with my life and started killing in Kithikor for old time sake.

I'm guessing the game has undergone a lot of changed over the last decade.

I'm also in a guild called Ancient Heroes I think. I don't know when that happened. Maybe during my brief return in 2006. I have never seen anyone else in this guild online. Whose guild is it? Anyone know?

Fun times. Not a terrible game.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Re: Kind of giving this another go

Postby Lyion » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:58 pm

I'm tempted to go back, but really have too many fresh games and too little time to do so. I did pickup GW2, and I figure that'll give me a few months of play at least.

I think I'll give Vanguard a go in a few months once they iron the kinks out of it and GW2 becomes stale. I also have a backlog of steam games: Tropico 4, Civ 5, Skyrim, etc that I've played a good amount of, but not finished.

I do have EQ installed though and would consider an old school group. I don't have the Kyo/Lyion account anymore but I have my secondary account from the day.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:15 pm

It's more for shits and giggles. Lvl cap is 95 though. Really crazy. I think I might get Snero back so we can goof around in some of our old haunts.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tikker » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:51 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tossica » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:23 pm

Gargamellow, yeah.

EQ is/was a blast for a few weeks but it's EZ mode now for sure. I had a great time levelling in the old school zones but once that wears off, I don't think the newer zones are as "fun". I have a lvl 65 on the RP server, I forget the name. I stopped levelling at 65 because that's when I quit the game originally. I wanted to see some of the newer, old school content that I missed the first time and not rush to 95.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:28 pm

In the brief time I played around, I found the UI, graphics, and combat really are bad for me now. It was fun for the nostalgia, but the game just doesn't hold up to even new console games, let alone AAA PC RPGs.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ganzo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:07 am

I tried playing, but I found a whole experience of waiting 5 minutes to kill a rat insane.
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Tossica » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:42 am

With a Merc you can kill 5-6 mobs at a time. No waiting 5 minutes for anything anymore.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:32 am

Yea, no more downtime. You have a ready made two man group, or augment an existing group with a pocket cleric or rogue. I'm enjoying it so far.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tossica » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:47 am

I was playing with my son for a while. We each had a merc and were actually "Dungeon Crawling". Clearing dungeons from start to finish. LOTS of fun.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Return to Everquest General Discussion