Postby Susvain » Mon May 13, 2013 11:47 pm

project1999.org

So who is playing? I currently play -

Rajohn - 27 pal
Dibiase - 22 ranger
Ojdajuiceman - 17 druid
Houndstooth - 27 mage
Fahndango - 36 rogue

I'm in a new guild called <Harmony> where our GM is super oldschool LoS. His char was Vigna, Barbarian Warrior. His real life friend and former super oldschool LoS char was a high elf cleric named Cuervo? or Quervo? something like that. And i also found Polyphemus and he joined my guild. Our guild is mostly 20s-40s at the moment and we do guild groups everyday all the time. We all love to do the harder, more challenging dungeons like CT, Runnyeye, Kedge Keep etc....we LOVE Kedge Keep! Polyphemus and i had a guild group of mid 20's and made it to the bottom floor of Runnyeye the other day was a fucking BLAST. Shortly after though we got one of those massive eyes to aggro/wtf pwn us. Was alot of fun tho.

So if anyone wants to come back on/startup i will hook you up with whatever mid level items you want and power level you/get uber druid friends to power level you. My guild has a TS3 server and there is a public p1999 mumble server.

Harrison is on a 1-man crusade against the top guild on the serve who actually has to cheat/exploit to kill raid mobs. As such he gets into alot of arguments on the forums lol.

All the raiding is pretty much poopsocked to death. The guilds batphone each other to keep shit perma camped mostly. Kunark has been out for two years and HOPEFULLY by Christmas, Velius will be out.

So if anyone wants to relive the fun and hit up those cool dungeons that most people did not get to do often or run properly on live...come back and find me and join our guild! We'll be raiding in a month or so!

People i've ran into - Xumosa, Harrison, Polyphemus...maybe some more im forgetting lol.
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Re: CURRENT Project1999 THREAD!!

Postby vonkaar » Tue May 14, 2013 11:14 am

I was on this last year... won a Mistwalker (1 of 4 on the server when I left). Think I had a mid 40s halfling druid, though I had a guise too... so... DE druid.

Was there a server wipe? If not, I'd still have all that shit. Not that I could play anymore - my home in the country has the shittiest internet connection. Though, I guess I was playing on a 56k back in 99.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Harrison » Tue May 14, 2013 8:44 pm

The server hasn't wiped and probably never will.

Your stuff is safe, man.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Tue May 14, 2013 8:47 pm

Get all ideas of raiding out of your head, seriously. It's not even legitimately possible as long as the GM team endorses and is complicit in the activities of the guild on top right now.

One GM caught taking paypal "donations" to keep quiet about illegal activities of the top guild.

One GM actively changes the content of my posts and my signature(and anyone who speaks out against the guild in question) in an effort to coverup when I post the screenshots, videos, etc. of them cheating.

If you play casually it is a blast. Just, don't bother going into raiding until the GMs get AIDS and die.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Tue May 14, 2013 10:53 pm

Y'all should play eqmac. Progress will never be made because Quarm is vanilla and his AEs rape everyone

PoP is a great era. No maps, no dye, but still AAs and nice gear. Also it's the actual PoP client, so it's EQ like you remember it. Not modified Titanium like p99. No cheating whatsoever. Completely free long as you have a station account

P99 was hella fun, but mob run speed and bard swarm kiting and a few other minor game-breakers for me were involved. Also i had trouble with latency while trying to swarm kite, and i know it isn't me because eqmac runs flawlessly (except oldworld .xmi music doesn't work unless you have a g5 mac :(
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Susvain » Sat May 18, 2013 2:50 pm

Bbb
Last edited by Susvain on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Harrison » Sat May 18, 2013 7:19 pm

Drem, people hack the fuck out of EQMac. It's common knowledge, too.

There's almost zero GM presence like how it was back in the day, so it goes unchecked.

The only things that get caught are things that are autoflagged such as running bardspeed, MQwarp, etc.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Sun May 19, 2013 3:12 am

According to most that play there, cheating is non-existant. If people are, it doesn't even matter because no one can beat quarm and the guilds that raid do it like... Once a week. It's a haven for the casual player. That and the engine actually being legit are the main draws for me

And the playerbase isn't full of faggots and griefers like p99. But i do think p99 banning boxing is brilliant. Fuck boxing
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Sun May 19, 2013 1:08 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Sun May 19, 2013 2:26 pm

^ agreedo

once my buddy sold his acct and i couldn't box his chanter with my SK the game suddenly became shit again
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Mon May 20, 2013 10:17 am

Drem wrote:According to most that play there, cheating is non-existant. If people are, it doesn't even matter because no one can beat quarm and the guilds that raid do it like... Once a week. It's a haven for the casual player. That and the engine actually being legit are the main draws for me

And the playerbase isn't full of faggots and griefers like p99. But i do think p99 banning boxing is brilliant. Fuck boxing

The people playing there aren't the brightest.

They wouldn't even know if someone was MQing or SEQing.

As for it being a better community than P99. That's definitely accurate.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:15 pm

So I fired up a Troll Shammie here named Ledd. Someone log in and give me some stuff!
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lyion » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:53 pm

So in a week of screwing around I've leveled my Shaman to 20. I don't have any real gear yet but the server is a hoot. I haven't seriously played EQ since 2001.

I really don't mind the lack of boxing. I spent fucking years 2 and 3 boxing for raids, so I'm cool just playing one character.

p.s. Someone still needs to give me stuff. :p
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:15 pm

Keep an eye out for me sometime. I probably have some stuff kicking around you can have.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lyion » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:30 am

Still having fun at 29.. It's more fun than Vanguard, especially since they changed that into more of a quest hub deal. I resisted starting a character here for a while due to regular EQ not holding my interest as well as being bored with MMOs, but this is like the original experience sans the newness. Plus, free is good with me being cheap.

Kahar and Martrae are here, as well as Durothil and a few others.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:39 am

Lyion wrote:Still having fun at 29.. It's more fun than Vanguard, especially since they changed that into more of a quest hub deal. I resisted starting a character here for a while due to regular EQ not holding my interest as well as being bored with MMOs, but this is like the original experience sans the newness. Plus, free is good with me being cheap.

Kahar and Martrae are here, as well as Durothil and a few others.

Who are they playing? If you are interested in a casual raiding guild, hit up http://azureguard.guildlaunch.com/ once you hit 35.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lyion » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:59 pm

I just hit 30. Kahar is a 28 Bard. We've only been playing for a week or two. I still remember raiding the bejesus out of everything in original EQ and Kunark so I'm not really in a rush for that. I have no idea if I want to do much raiding, to be honest. it's just a blast to play, and I'm mainly looking forward to doing some dungeons.

Are you planning on taking your Paladin to 60 before Velious? Be cool to get a group setup. I've already chatted more than I did in my Rift and WOW last bouts, so I don't think setting up some nice dungeon groups would be tough to do.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:40 pm

Lyion wrote:I just hit 30. Kahar is a 28 Bard. We've only been playing for a week or two. I still remember raiding the bejesus out of everything in original EQ and Kunark so I'm not really in a rush for that. I have no idea if I want to do much raiding, to be honest. it's just a blast to play, and I'm mainly looking forward to doing some dungeons.

Are you planning on taking your Paladin to 60 before Velious? Be cool to get a group setup. I've already chatted more than I did in my Rift and WOW last bouts, so I don't think setting up some nice dungeon groups would be tough to do.

Ideally, I'd like to get close to 60. But realistically, it probably won't happen as I'm a notoriously slow leveller. I'm almost 52, so if you get within range hit me up, I'm always down for a dungeon crawl.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Susvain » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:46 pm

If you want you can log my account and borrow some things or take some plat I don't mind. Also, send a tell to nomie/meat fist/Bruna he's a really good guy the best person I've met easily as far as helping out wit anything. He's a veteran druid he does it all
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Return to Everquest General Discussion