Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: so I caved....

Postby Tikker » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:38 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:48 pm

So for fun I finished the Broom of Trilon quest today. I had gotten a broom in CT with Kahar, I started this AM in Droga, took the boat to Oasis, ran to Karanas to buy my 39 and 44 Shaman pets and killed Froon for a while to got the toes and other pieces and ran to Solusek Temple and voila. Now I can reclaim energy from my Shaman pets.

It's amazing how much nostalgia I have, especially running by the Aviaks and the Spectres in Oasis. Remember hunting those in 99, Ganzo?

I had been playing Rift casually since it went F2P, and it looks gorgeous, but EQs original design is just so much better and deeper I have zero desire to play Rift now.

My Shamans name is Ledd. I'll try to dig up some gear for you, Ganzo, although Durothil probably has better stuff. Everything I'm wearing I pretty much farmed myself, which is a nice feeling even though I'm 39 in some pretty ghetto stuff. I'm not too bothered as once I get into OS, Charasis, Chardok, and Karnors as well as the planes I'd be replacing most twink gear anyways.

If you want to duo, let me know and I'll create a Dwarf Warrior or Wood Elf Ranger to hang with your cleric.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Susvain » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:27 pm

The hybrid and racial exp penalty is so brutal right now. My erudite pally is lvl 32, the lvl 30hell level was tough. I wanted to roll an iksar sk or troll sk but thatd be insane. Smethin like 68% penalty, itll all go away in velious tho
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby brinstar » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:07 pm

any other class/race combo than iksar SK is worthless, hth
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tikker » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:51 pm

Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ganzo » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:53 am

Got my cleric to 4.5 last night (thanks Lyion and Durothil for some twink items). I think I died more times getting to level 4 than I did getting to level 20 in WoW and Rift combined.

I did the scarab helm quest and of course hit "a" while trying to type /hail and got ftwpwned by the quest giver and laughed for next 10 minutes. It is nice to be a total noob again.

Lyion you need to put another level on your ranger, I'll be on tonight but will have to bail from 8-9pm for a meeting.
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Harrison » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:35 am

Susvain wrote:
Harrison wrote:The only way you're getting your epic is if you buy it from the RMT crew.

They permafarm the camps 24/7 to sell for PP to sell in RMT and they're protected by the GMs. You'll get the camp, they'll train you or KS, and then nothing will happen to them. It's happened more times than I can count.

That's why me and my RL friend crew stopped playing there. It's a shit hole if you want to do anything other than casual it up.

This doesnt exist anymore.

You don't know because you're new lol
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:39 am

Susvain wrote:
Harrison wrote:The only way you're getting your epic is if you buy it from the RMT crew.

They permafarm the camps 24/7 to sell for PP to sell in RMT and they're protected by the GMs. You'll get the camp, they'll train you or KS, and then nothing will happen to them. It's happened more times than I can count.

That's why me and my RL friend crew stopped playing there. It's a shit hole if you want to do anything other than casual it up.

This doesnt exist anymore.

You don't know because you're new lol

Susvain wrote: Nizzar plays on the P99 pvp server and everyone hates him, he runs the top guild who get every single raid spawn so the 100 people who play there hate him lol.

No, they hate him because his guild was exploiting raid content for months on end and was never punished for it despite FRAPS, etc.

The final "punishment" after months of exploiting? Return some of the loot. (after already having gained its massive advantage on a brand new pvp server)

It's not jealousy over them being superior. It's that they were allowed to cheat with zero repercussions for months.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:59 am

Ganzo wrote:Got my cleric to 4.5 last night (thanks Lyion and Durothil for some twink items). I think I died more times getting to level 4 than I did getting to level 20 in WoW and Rift combined.

I did the scarab helm quest and of course hit "a" while trying to type /hail and got ftwpwned by the quest giver and laughed for next 10 minutes. It is nice to be a total noob again.

Lyion you need to put another level on your ranger, I'll be on tonight but will have to bail from 8-9pm for a meeting.

Just hit 6 on my ranger and parked near Crushbone. Ping me tonight if you want to play some, G.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Snero » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:45 pm

Susvain wrote: That mask is the best because no one plays erudites.

I just shed a tear...
Snero
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Zanchief » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:00 pm

No exp penalty for Erudite. They'd be a fool not play one. Plus, everyone is forced to have the much better classic graphics right now.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Lyion » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:00 pm

:afro: My Erudite Wizard, Obooma, is parked and ready to roll.

You know you want to play, Zan. Turn to the dark side of dirty casualdom.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:58 pm

I'm thinking of trying to convince my friends to play a Gnome only dedicated group. It would be awesome to see 6 Gnomes roll into a zone together all pimp.

Here's the best part. Guild name....<Silent G>
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Susvain » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:02 pm

Zanchief wrote:I'm thinking of trying to convince my friends to play a Gnome only dedicated group. It would be awesome to see 6 Gnomes roll into a zone together all pimp.

There is a group/guild of that already. All gnomes and one dwarf, the guild was called <out da bushes> they were all like level 8 or so and wanted a group port to toxx so they could go farm lightstones. Was the greatest thing ive ever seen i think i shed a tear. God bless those guys. I ran across them when they were in their teens at orc hiway, love those guys
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby brinstar » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:09 pm

gatdang i fuckin hate gnomes so much
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Zanchief » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:23 pm

You're not invited, Brin.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Zanchief » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:17 pm

Installed, patched, played. I was in Akannon. No idea where to go. Pressed M, realized that wouldn't work. Logged off. Not for me right now.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tikker » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:35 pm

Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:29 pm

Zanchief wrote:You're not invited, Brin.

good

bitch
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:16 am

Shit i got akanon memorized. Since all you dudes are playing, i'm tempted to break out the ol bard
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ganzo » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:27 am

Only played for about 30 min last night - fuck work after hours getting in the way of EQ.

Anyway hit 5 on my cleric, got all my spells and parked at the zone in to GFay. The funny thing I was wearing Scarab Helmet, some d00id ran by gave me 50pp for it. I just went to the hut next to Kaladim, bought 2 scarab carapaces for 6gp each, went into Kaladim turned those in with 5gp and got the new Scarab Helmet. Over all 5 min and 17gp for 50pp seems like a good business transaction :arms:

I will probably play for a few hours tonight after 8pm EST.

P.S. We need to make a Nameless Tavern guild
גם זה יעבור

Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Lyion » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:25 pm

Zanchief wrote:I'm thinking of trying to convince my friends to play a Gnome only dedicated group. It would be awesome to see 6 Gnomes roll into a zone together all pimp.

I remember a bunch of cool Gnome Only guilds.. Wasn't there one called Gnomercy?

I'd be game for a 6 man gnome crew. Zan, I got lost in Ak'Anon even after playing for years, man. It was nice starting in Grobb. It's easy to navigate Cavemanland.

Ganzo, just ping me via email or here when you want to play. I'll keep my Ranger near you if you'd like to duo. My Shaman is at 40 and moving really frickin' slowly.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ganzo » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:38 pm

I'm only level 5 I'd switch to Gnome, can still be cleric or can keep my cleric and roll caster. Basically I'm ready to reincarnate Ganzo if you guys are up for gnome guild.
גם זה יעבור

Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Zanchief » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:08 pm

Gnomes can be anything! I kind of want to make an enchanter since I've never played one before. That or necromancer. But part of me also doesn't want to play at all, so don't make plans on my account.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Drem » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:05 pm

Yeah I really want to but even after months on eqmac I'm only level 12. And only 20 after p99 for like two years. Just don't have time for games where people get mad if you go afk anymore. Or where you know the only way to get something out of pressing "accept" for that random group invite is to play for 3 more hours. Straight.e I'm usually appearing offline on 360 so people don't invite me to play <randomzombiegame#37> when all I wanna play is Tenchu Z or Dark Souls (did you know From Software made Tenchu Z?)

I've become mad casual as a gamer, and the only casual stuff in EQ is fishing and drinkin beers. sometimes you even spill your beer, I cain't take risks like that nowadays
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

PreviousNext

Return to Everquest General Discussion