Private EQ server

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Private EQ server

Postby Tossica » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:24 pm

Any of you nerds interested in playing on a much less grindy and more casual play friendly server? I have spent the last several months putting together a "classic era" server with some twists. It's still EQ but missing a lot of time sink.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: Private EQ server

Postby brinstar » Tue May 18, 2021 11:18 am

sounds fun but idk if i'd have much time to play
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tossica » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:33 pm

It's a fucking blast. Having more fun playing a game than I have in a LONG time. We have a decent size raiding force now and have the entire server to ourselves. We just started doing Fire Giants and cleared Island 1 last night in Sky. We start Hate/Fear next weekend. Still time to get in! Accelerated XP lets you catch up pretty quickly plus we have tons of gear laying around to gear folks up. Want some old school EQ fun without having to work it like a 2nd full time job and no neck beard, poop socking, elf court, bullshit deciding who gets to go where and when. It's all us! join!
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:05 am

We've started killing dragons. Still time to get in before I drop Kunark! We still need to beat Vox, Draco, Inny and Cazic before I will release Kunark. Come join the fun!
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:23 am

Nagafen, Vox, Inny and now Draco dead! Only Cazic Thule left and hopefully he goes down this week. Kunark release soon! Come get some!
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:16 am

Released Kunark last week! Fun!
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:13 pm

I don't understand how this works. You just play the old game with a bunch of your friends?

I'm dinking around Thornblade. Starting Luclin next week. It's fun.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tossica » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:40 pm

Zanchief wrote:I don't understand how this works. You just play the old game with a bunch of your friends?

I'm dinking around Thornblade. Starting Luclin next week. It's fun.

It's a custom version of EverQuest that I run on a private server. I've customized it to be the version I've always wanted to play but didn't exist.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:30 pm

It's basically old school EQ with a more modern client and lots of quality of life updates. Most of the old items that were removed are still dropping.You regain mana/HP quicker once you've been out of combat for 3 minutes. XP rate is slightly accelerated. Pets don't die every time you zone or camp, etc. I have an artificial level cap in place that I raise whenever we meet a certain milestone. Like last night, we finally cleared Island 5 in Plane of Sky which unlocked level 54. Prior to that, 52 was the cap. I released Kunark just over a month ago so we're having fun in OS, Howling Stones, etc and people have been working on epics. We raid once or twice a week and there are about a dozen or so of us that take part in that. There's another 20-30 others that play as well but they are more rare spawns or are off doing their own thing. I allow people to play up to 6 toons at a time so you always have a "group". It's a good time.

https://discord.gg/andRmtrFdw is the Discord link if anyone wants to check it out. You need to download our client to play.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:55 pm

Can you have the live client and this one running on the same machine? I mean I don't really have the time to start something else since I'm currently still playing on Thorneblade but it does sound fun. Classic to Luclin era is meh though.

Do you need to corpse run? That's a big I can't be bothered anymore thing for me.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tossica » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:43 pm

Zanchief wrote:Can you have the live client and this one running on the same machine? I mean I don't really have the time to start something else since I'm currently still playing on Thorneblade but it does sound fun. Classic to Luclin era is meh though.

Do you need to corpse run? That's a big I can't be bothered anymore thing for me.

You can have them both running. Of course you need to corpse run. What game do you think we're talking about? Being bound in the firepot room and everyone having druids and wizards makes travel trivial. Translocators instead of boats, etc. You're just a few minutes away from just about everything. A whole lot of the drudgery is removed but it's still Everquest and "feels" classic. I stopped playing in 2003 or so and only did a 9-10 month run on P99 Green last year so all of this content is very nostalgic. We are having a blast. My first steps in to Howling Stones after 20ish years was highly nostalgic. Next up are figuring out strats for the outdoor dragons and getting some more epics done. It's a much different environment when everyone on the server is on your "team".
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:47 pm

No racing for dragons or gods, no threat of having your camp stolen or whatever. It's a much more relaxed, casual environment but it's still EQ and I get a lot of people are over all of that.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Thu May 05, 2022 1:56 pm

This server has now been online for 1.5yrs!!! We are currently ramping up for Veeshan’s Peak having killed Trakanon multiple times now. 3 more Trak kills and I’ll open up VP. 2 months after clearing VP for the first time I will release Velious. Plenty of time to join us and get in on the fun!!!
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Wed May 25, 2022 11:42 am

Veeshan's Peak open! We took our first steps in there a few days ago and got whomped. Need to get more people keyed to have a real chance at any progress. Good times! I never got to enter VP on live or P99 so I'm pretty psyched.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:10 am

Over 2 years strong now! Velious released, tons of custom content. Lots of fun! Join the Discord https://discord.gg/77H88u9vmt
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby leah » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:28 pm

still not an everquest gal but just wanted to say hi :wub:
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tossica » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:06 am

The server is coming up on 3 years now! We are taking our time, just started breaking in to NToV now. I have plans in place for new content for at least the next couple of years. Come join the fun! All the good stuff about EQ without most of the bad. https://discord.gg/77H88u9vmt
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:00 pm

reply to my discord message goob
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:15 pm

Can't convince the wife to play. Too much of a time sink with little kids.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Return to Everquest General Discussion