What was the name of..

Everquest 1 & 2 Discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

What was the name of..

Postby Yamori » Thu May 12, 2005 3:51 pm

That awesome bard whose Fijan Roomate Ninja'd a Singing Steel BP? :P

Its bugging me now... its Shadow-Something I think, right?
-Yamori
AKA ~~Baron Boshie of the Nameless~~
Yamori
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Martrae » Thu May 12, 2005 3:52 pm

Shadowspear?
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Almegest Victory » Thu May 12, 2005 4:52 pm

yep, haven't talked to him in forever :(
[90 Ashenhand] Almegest Victory<Valorguard>
[85 Juggernaut] Eviscerate<Valorguard>
[80 Arch Animist] Pneumatic Device
[75 Shadowblade] Hundular Rocsolid
[50 Shadow Knight] Yiumadzeni Frenzy
[49 Wizard] Superlative Auras
-----retired----
[56 Templar] Allanh Soultaker
[56 Master] Lurdasam
Almegest Victory
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Yamori » Thu May 12, 2005 6:17 pm

Martrae wrote:Shadowspear?

yeah, thats it 8)
-Yamori
AKA ~~Baron Boshie of the Nameless~~
Yamori
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Gargamellow » Fri May 13, 2005 12:01 am

I heard that he only ninja'd that BP because he had been with the raid and fought his way down there and they were going to bring someone else down to loot the BP.

I wasn't there, though. But that is what I heard.
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Fri May 13, 2005 5:22 am

Why would we need to bring someone else down there, when the BP is tradeable?

I led that raid. It was a Sanctuary guild raid, and he begged to come along and wanted a chance to be part of the guild. We had another bard, Garolick, with us. He died during the fighting, and Shadowspear didnt.

SS was in the group that got the kill, nabbed the BP, then immediately logged out.
That was his first raid with us, and while he wasn't going to get that BP, the ironic thing is that BP dropped often, and at the time only LOS and us were killing Trak. He however never raided with us again.

We petitioned a GM who took the BP off him and gave it to our raid.

He apologized to our guild afterwards, but the Fijian Roommate story shall live in Infamy!
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri May 13, 2005 7:33 am

I think he plays the bard Shadoz in Township Rebellion.

If so, he's the best bard in the history of Everquest.

Take a look at his magelo on their roster page:

http://www.townrebels.org/roster.php
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Fri May 13, 2005 7:41 am

He was by far the best bard in EQ, but he suffered from stupidkiditis like so many others.

The Fijian roomate thread was funny as hell.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Almegest Victory » Fri May 13, 2005 9:08 am

Seriously, he still is. That fool could type just as fast as he talked, which was insane...made it hard to keep up in conversations...He'd do that while twisting songs and shit.
-----retired----
[56 Master] Lurdasam
Almegest Victory
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tikker » Fri May 13, 2005 10:46 am

joystick macro for the win
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Sithos » Sat May 14, 2005 12:55 am

He always was and always will be a gimptard
Sithos
NT Oldtimer
NT Oldtimer

Well

Postby Riddek » Sun May 15, 2005 2:14 pm

Any bard who could twist 4 songs, talk in group, guild, ooc, shout, say, auction, and still have time for cyber tells has to be considered good at something.
Riddek
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Durck » Thu May 19, 2005 7:29 am

Sithos wrote:He always was and always will be a gimptard

YEP, and a disturbing freak.

-Durck
Durck
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Rhaynne » Thu May 19, 2005 7:44 am

He was crazy. Totally unbalanced... but damn, could he play.
Rhaynne
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Postby Almegest Victory » Thu May 19, 2005 6:21 pm

Hey Duck, do you remember the efreeti camp?
-----retired----
[56 Master] Lurdasam
Almegest Victory
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Vipsindsyg » Tue May 24, 2005 4:01 pm

I do believe shadowspear was Juniper in TR and has quit long ago. I dunno, atleast the person I cybered on juniper said he was shadowspear.. never can tell though, oh well.

hi all.
Vipsindsyg
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Shadowspear » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:48 am

lyion wrote:Why would we need to bring someone else down there, when the BP is tradeable?

I led that raid. It was a Sanctuary guild raid, and he begged to come along and wanted a chance to be part of the guild. We had another bard, Garolick, with us. He died during the fighting, and Shadowspear didnt.

SS was in the group that got the kill, nabbed the BP, then immediately logged out.
That was his first raid with us, and while he wasn't going to get that BP, the ironic thing is that BP dropped often, and at the time only LOS and us were killing Trak. He however never raided with us again.

We petitioned a GM who took the BP off him and gave it to our raid.

He apologized to our guild afterwards, but the Fijian Roommate story shall live in Infamy!

To set the record straight: It was a Sanctuary guild raid, and I was minding my own buisness flying thru Siren's Grotto / Cobalt Scar and was asked to come along as you were needing AE Poison resist song. I was given a /tell of "Sorry guy, the Singing Steel Breastplate dropped but it's going to guild bank" from that I thought this was my chance to spite the 2nd place guild to get into Legacy of Steel at least this was my MMORPG mentality some odd 7+ years ago. Facts please.

Hell, Garolick wasn't even online - until the corpse spawned. "Let's log on a guild mate for the lewtz now!"

Why would we need to bring someone else down there, when the BP is tradeable?

-Why wasn't it looted and traded then. Your post would suggest that I ran up, looted the corpse and dipped off with it before anyone in the guild could.

-However, chronologically a) The "player looted item X " messages were in the game at this time. Which would entail a screen shot of "Shadowspear looted the Singing Steel Breastplate"

-This did not occur, why? - Because I pulled the plug to my game, feigning disconnect, came back with invis song playing ( my heart racing like hell in real life ) ran into the corpse, and looted - to down a gate potion and log off as if it never occured. Went on to my christmas vacation which was down some states in Rhode Island, to check the boards and see the flames. ( I believe it was Arbaal that saw me crouching into the corpse )

- At this time the other breastplate was the Paladin one as well. Which would only mean that you were still deciding loot, as opposed to - looting up the breastplates, then deciding where they go. I took the carefull time to make sure the Singing Steel Breastplate was the one I snagged, on the basis that I was the only bard there. If I had any reason to just take take, I'd of snagged that Paladin one too!

-Now if your mentality was "it's tradeable" why didn't you just loot and hold, opposed to bringing Garolick down, who was in the Trakanon's Teeth? -- Last I checked, when you died during a Trakanon fight, you would of spawned in oh, say, Firiona Vie - naked, waiting for a res. ( laughter)

-I do not justify what I did in any way shape or form, I know I was 1000% wrong in my doing, however, coming from a noob raider at the time, who clearly saw himself as being passed up for the <Guild Tag> which again is totally that guilds right. The tell pretty much topped it off "sorry it's getting guild banked" the rational self felt that as a rub in.

Lessons to be learned from all this. Don't Ninja Loot.

If you're inviting outsiders to your "guild" function communicate and clearly explain how your functions operate. "Hi I need your class, because without you ( Priest for instance ) we cannot heal ourselves out of a paper bag, so you're pretty much a backbone to this fight. Should your "class only item drop" and no other class of that type is present - you're still not recieving it.

( I've had this happen in another game for a guy who had been in my guild for all but 3 days and expected his end game stave ) needless to say the guild laughed him out of the guild!

Any player "should" know to be gracious and expect no rewards for attending a "guilds" raid. Though you must also take in consideration the diversity of your gaming universe, are these players coming from Doom, is this the first MMORPG they're playing, have they been guilding and do they know guild / raid ettiquette. 7-8 Years ago, I can say "no" but thats still no excuse. My apology still stands to those involved, ( not that it matters ) read this as education.

100% yes, did I have a fijian room mate named Ritesh Chand. However, no, it was I that clicked those magical buttons and sealed my fate.

Hi Nameless!!
Last edited by Shadowspear on Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
Shadowspear
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Naethyn » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:58 am

o m g
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby runamonk » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:59 am

I got some of the best cyber around from Shadow. It paled in comparison to Kekka and Cyni though.
-
runamonk/Braeleen/Vaelie/Zennish
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tacks » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:14 am

Shadowspear wrote:

100% yes, did I have a fijian room mate named Ritesh Chand. However, no, it was I that clicked those magical buttons and sealed my fate.

Hi Nameless!!

Wow, you're still just as fucked up in the head. Nobody asked you to come along. You begged officers constantly to be let to come along on raids. This was after failing miserably at getting into any raid as your warrior Dolmain because you were (and apparantly still are) a complete and utter nutjob.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Shadowspear » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:20 am

Tacks wrote:
Shadowspear wrote:

Hi Nameless!!

Wow, you're still just as fucked up in the head. Nobody asked you to come along. You begged officers constantly to be let to come along on raids. This was after failing miserably at getting into any raid as your warrior Dolmain because you were (and apparantly still are) a complete and utter nutjob.

Dolmain Palinora retired at level 22 ( raids? yea ok ) this was when was when Mudcrush was still level 50 in the Lower Guk - name me some of these "officers".

Velious was out and I was power grinding, while Sanctuary was still getting bent over in Old Sebilis how do you figure me "begging to come" I was totally oblivious to raiding this phase in my game. Try again?

Legacy of Steel was plugging Zlandicar about the time you were seeing your first Trakanon die. ( Thanks Shadowspear? )

I hated Sanctuary about as much as any Legacy of Steel member, the only difference is that I played it all in game - where as my actions carried over into the RL / Game rapport. This was again, not knowing the difference.
Shadowspear
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Tacks » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:22 am

Shadowspear wrote:
Tacks wrote:
Shadowspear wrote:

Hi Nameless!!

Dolmain Palinora retired at level 22 ( raids? yea ok ) this was when was when Mudcrush was still level 50 in the Lower Guk - name me some of these "officers".

Velious was out and I was power grinding, while Sanctuary was still getting bent over in Old Sebilis how do you figure me "begging to come" I was totally oblivious to raiding this phase in my game. Try again?

Legacy of Steel was plugging Zlandicar about the time you were seeing your first Trakanon die. ( Thanks Shadowspear? )

I hated Sanctuary about as much as any Legacy of Steel member, the only difference is that I played it all in game - where as my actions carried over into the RL / Game rapport. This was again, not knowing the difference.

Yeah, still completely insane. Everyone who was there knows...7 years later that you're still full of shit :rofl:
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby runamonk » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:23 am

Shit happens. I wouldn't worry about defending yourself now, why bother and honestly who cares??
-
runamonk/Braeleen/Vaelie/Zennish
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Shadowspear » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:25 am

No defense. Just fun and posting while I wait for my game to come on ~

To Tacks sir - there is no validity to your claims, just... bandwagon banter carry on.
Shadowspear
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Tacks » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:26 am

I could care less about validity except I have no reason at all to lie, and I have never lied, except when it suited my purposes.

You however, live in your own world.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Next

Return to Everquest General Discussion