Rift Free Trial + Ascend a Friend

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Rift Free Trial + Ascend a Friend

Postby Tikker » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:10 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:12 pm

naw i thought it was a good game, i just got busy with other stuff

i meant now that it's F2P what do i need to know before considering re-DLing it
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Lyion » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:24 am

brinstar wrote:in one post, explain to me how the game's changed in the past 19 months

Er, no subscription? What have you got to lose to DL it and fire it up?

Honestly, I've played a few days and Ganzo would be better equipped to answer that. The game cures my MMO itch nicely, and their F2P is much nicer than SOE's crappy Freemium.

The world is still generic and boring as shit. The combat and classes remain fun and grouping is as good as WOW, if people in both games are primarily of the Derp category.

I'm having more fun in SWTOR, but their F2P sucks compared to Rifts.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ganzo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:57 am

brinstar wrote:naw i thought it was a good game, i just got busy with other stuff

i meant now that it's F2P what do i need to know before considering re-DLing it

Basically, they’ve increased a max level from 50 to 60 and added a new massive continent that is all 51-60 and is larger than the old world was. Each class got a new soul that is very good and now completely eliminates the differences between classes: warrior class got a range dps soul, rogue got a healing soul, mage got a melee dps soul (cleric could always do all but got a nice necro-like soul). They fixed a lot of minor annoyances that were around before, like being knocked off your mount by shit 20 lvl’s lower than you, etc… You can change servers or factions for free once per day. They now allow grouping for adventures, rifts, dungeons and raids across factions; if you queue for a PVP they just do 2 teams so if one faction had more players they’ll move you to other faction’s team to speed up wait time. There are now zone adventure quests you can queue for any time and they will allow you to join them regardless of levels, everyone will be ether raised or lowered in lvl to make it even. There are bases throughout the zone that you can defend from invasions any time you want and earn good rewards – simply show up to the base and activate it and invasion will start. There are now Hunt rifts that are very tough but provide very good rewards – basically instead of trying to close a rift, you are opening it and trying to keep it open long enough to pull a boss to your world while his minions try to close the rift. Armor and weapons now can be slotted with gems that level them up and you can start with a lvl 50 item and by adding right gems level it to become an uber raiding item, Gems can be dropped by bosses or purchased with new questing or raiding currencies. Everything in the world now starts simple quests; for example: you kill a bear and you’re automatically given quest to kill 20 bears and once completed get rewarded with exp and questing currency. There are many other things, but basically it is very easy to find something to do even for 15 minutes of playing time and that is why I still enjoy it.
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Lyion » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:28 am

Also, there were consolidations so the dirty game made me change my name. I'm now Mordenkainen on Faeblight.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:46 pm

thx, sounds fun. might give it a try~
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby brinstar » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:41 pm

pisssssssssss i had to namechange too

i am now Tolokonnikova, also on faeblight. gonna look you up.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Kramer » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:47 am

I am playing Rift - just lvl 11/12 so if you have any weps/gear i'd appreciate them

Faeblight
char: Cletis
cleric/druid
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Zanchief » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:05 pm

Been playing around with this the last week or so. Anyone still play? I have some questions because some game mechanics confuse me a bit.

Also, people don't talk at all in this game. I join public groups to close Rifts or do Adventure Quests and no one ever says a word. Very strange.
    Zanchief
    Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo

Postby brinstar » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:34 pm

granted i haven't played in a couple years but i do recall not a lot of jibber jabber during raids or big invasion events

dungeon PUGs could go either way though, sometimes you'd get some cool people and other times it was all just business

i wouldn't mind dipping back in except the fall semester just started and i really have to prioritize my time
    compost the rich
    brinstar
    Cat Crew
    Cat Crew

Postby Zanchief » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:14 am

Not really looking for a partner right now. I play very little and for short amounts of time. I usually play a few hours on Saturday Sunday and an hour here or there during the week. I'm back in school as well so I have very little free time. Was more curious if someone could answer a few questions. I find the wikis laking a bit compared to other games I've played.

So can Guardians and Defiant group together on a PVE server? I find this relationship confusing. I did a instant adventure quest which changed my level to like 14 or something (was in the mid 30s at the time) and I was playing with Guardian people in a guardian zone. I was like, this is odd, am I temporarily a Guardian? So I had the bright idea to ignore my group (since this instant adverntures are so random) and head to the guardian capital. Thought I might be able to procure me a guardian style mount. Well I got killed by guards, which sucked, because then I was stuck in the guardian newby zone with no way of getting out and 40 minutes left on my soul recall. I had a really hard time getting out of there.

Anywho just a lot of little things I don't really get. What's the point of sealing rifts? I get Planarite which I guess I can use as currency, but I need so much of it for anything. I never see anyone sealing them in any of the zones I'm in. I do it solo sometimes for fun (minor ones atleast) by I always come away thinking that was kind of a waste of time.

Anywho, I like the game enough. Class system is good, and the rest is just WoW.

Playing a Blade Dancer / Assassin / Riftstalker.
    Zanchief
    Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo

Postby Drem » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:06 pm

anybody still play this? a friend just got me into it
    Drem
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:30 am

I stopped around 54. Its fun enough but I got bored in the end. It would have been funner with more people i think.
    Zanchief
    Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo

Postby brinstar » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:43 pm

yea i would but there's zero time, i have literally gone more than 4 months without playing a single bideo jame

probably the longest such stretch in my life since i got my first commodore vic-20 back in grade school
    compost the rich
    brinstar
    Cat Crew
    Cat Crew

Previous

Return to Other Worlds