Battlefield 4

Postby Drem » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:10 am

anybody playing this on 360? or at all? so good
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: Battlefield 4

Postby Harrison » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:49 pm

If you're not playing it on the next gen consoles or PC it's shit. Beta tested it on both 360 and PS3 and it's so godawful it's nearly impossible to enjoy it.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:27 pm

how do you beta test a game on console? China Rising and five patches are out. Game runs great. I play it every day. Just bailed from a jet and SRAWed a helicopter midair (with a controller)

Anyways, this is my favorite franchise in gaming. Consistently excellent
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:03 pm

wtb bad company 3 :(
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Reynaldo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:27 pm

I may make the switch this year from my commitment to Call of Duty. The multiplayer in COD:Ghosts is god awful.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Drem » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:30 pm

you won't be sorry. the ballistics model in bf4 is excellent. call of duty is almost arcade mode
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:56 pm

Battlefield 4 even with the problems they had on launch, is amazing.

Bullet travel speeds are more consistent and less prone to be bullshit over medium distance engages.

Level design is significantly better overall.

You won't be disappointed.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Reynaldo » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:28 pm

I'm a team deathmatch player mostly and in Ghosts there's no benefit to actually running around and playing. Everyone snipes as the maps mostly accommodate that style. Makes the game really unplayable in that format. 1 out of every 3 games ends due to time limit instead of score.

I dunno wtf they were thinking with this release.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Drem » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:49 pm

Sniping in battlefield is harder as bullets drop due to gravity and the kill cam shows you where they are
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:49 pm

Kill cam only shows you where the killer is if the server is on noob mode.

No real server puts kill cam on.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:59 pm

that sounds frustrating to me (an online FPS nubcake)

i understand having killcam off rewards those who find clever hiding spots but doesn't it also crank the learning curve quite a bit?
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:42 am

On console the quick match always throws you into normal mode (map, kill cam, crosshair, hud display). Hardcore mode has all that stuff turned off. It makes it easier for me as a close quarters player because stealth becomes more important, but on some levels (altai range) snipers end up taking over

Yes it would up the learning curve but it makes you better in the end

kill cam is nice, because i like getting ideas for killing and sometimes people kill me in incredible ways that i'd never know about if kill cam didn't show me where they were when it happened. and i'm by no means an expert, so i also don't give a fuck, really, about "noob servers" or "real servers"
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:13 am

Been playin this a year now. It's still fun. New maps come out next month, and in 2015, Alex, Bad Company 3 is supposed to come out. It'll be cool because they're doing away with the military theme, but you'll be more like a SWAT officer all geared up in quasi-military stuff. Not a huge change I know, but a change nonetheless. I just unlocked the Deagle a couple weeks ago. Bad. Ass. Oh, and the CS5 sniper rifle. I play the PC version. Fuck consoles.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:45 am

i do enjoy the bad company games, mostly because of the comic relief banter going on i think

it will be weird to transition it into a SWAT setting though, not sure i'm into that

PS yeah i don't really do consoles anymore either. i have a wii u but i haven't even turned it on since a month after i bought it. there are hundreds more games on steam than i could ever possibly have time to play, so why fork over $500+ for another console?
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:02 am

brinstar wrote:i do enjoy the bad company games, mostly because of the comic relief banter going on i think

it will be weird to transition it into a SWAT setting though, not sure i'm into that

PS yeah i don't really do consoles anymore either. i have a wii u but i haven't even turned it on since a month after i bought it. there are hundreds more games on steam than i could ever possibly have time to play, so why fork over $500+ for another console?

That transition isn't great, but they have to come up with new material in this FPS brand. People get bored and boredom translates into lost revenue for Dice. Video games are ridiculous but oh so addictive. Just to be able to play BF4 I had to upgrade my whole computer... SSD, Geforce 780gtx card, new mobo, 16gb ram, AMD 9750 cpu, LIQUID COOLING (it's like a necessity now wtf?) new PS, Case, everything. I dropped like 1500 bucks. I hope this system lasts 3 years.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:42 am

1500 is a damn lot of earth dollars m8, have you considered just turning down the settings? hard to believe minimum reqs call for that much muscle just yet

my box is like the ship of theseus - every 2-4 years i just replace the worst component and that keeps me afloat another 2-4 years. is it still the same computer? PHILOSOPHY
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:14 pm

I know right? But the last time I upgraded my whole system like that was 6 years ago. 1500\6 = 250 bucks a year to keep it updated, but that's still a lot. fuckin A
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:48 pm

i'm overdue for a new cpu/mobo and i'd like to go SSD but with how little time i have available i can't really justify dropping several hundred dollars right now

besides MOST of the stuff i play when i do find time runs just fine :dunno:
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:21 pm

Yeah you're probably good then. BF4 is a very cpu-intensive game, but yeah if you throttle back the settings you will have playability.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drem » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:21 am

i still play this almost daily. best way to wind down after a busy service

are you on consoles or PC, mindia?

i play bF4 on my 360. aka i ranked up and put all my time into that. i haven't tried it on my PC. but i did just recently do a direct comparison on my TV of skyrim on my PC (i haven't had a nice computer in 8 years, i ran it at 1600x900, 4x AA, 12x filtering, the HD texture mods they provide, plus lots of other sexy mods, and every graphics slider at MAX !!!!!!!) vs. my 360..... and my PC kicked my console's ass. buttery smooth movement and crisp visuals on 1080p compared to chopped-up ~30fps with grass fading right in front of you and a nice, blurry 720p.

i put money into it but it's still a laptop, and 19" is a lot different than 56". didn't think it'd be half as nice as it was.

i'm tempted to switch to PC BF4 so i can use a fucking mouse and maybe thread some excellent SRAW shots. i also hear matches have larger player counts and bigger maps. but i play with my best friend IRL on 360 so i dunno. is the PC version still populated? a lot of the 360 players bailed because it was so bugged out until, pretty much, their last patch. actually regretting wasting money on premium because nobody fucking plays the DLC maps on 360. just shit-tons of vanilla servers in the browser
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:23 am

Yeah I'm on PC and a premium member, so I play all the new maps like on Dragon's Teeth, China Rising, Naval Strike, etc. The vanilla maps are too boring now.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drem » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:54 am

You didnt read the last paragraph, obviously! I still go back to vanilla sometimes. Operation Locker might be my fav, to boot. I really liked China Rising and Dragon's Teeth. I thought, aside from operation metro, that Second Assault chose the worst maps from bf 3 to bring back. And Naval Strike was balls

I wanna get this on my PC, after how well it handled skyrim
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:43 am

The PC servers are still populated and varied. The last patch finally brought the game to very, very, good quality. (Sad that they milked this money out of me to give me the quality product I expected this much later but, whatevs.)

It's 32v32 max on PC. I can't even imagine playing the larger maps with any less than that. It would be empty as fuck.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Return to Other Worlds