"Hard" Games

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: "Hard" Games

Postby brinstar » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:57 pm

Jay wrote:Bro why so mean? LOL

eh it's not personal actually

i just get tired of new games where you spend 20% of your actual playtime slogging through stupid mandatory handholding tutorials

like okay game devs, if i have to spend 90 minutes learning your shitty crafting system before you turn me loose on it then it's a shitty crafting system and you should feel bad

DS is just like fuck you dude, figure it out, you're in OUR world now. same with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in the FPS realm - no tutorial whatsoever, they just dump you in a forest at nighttime with a pistol and you can hear mutant dogs nearby, good luck making it to that light you see in the distance, hope you don't have to start over thirty times
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tossica » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:10 pm

If a game doesn't make me shout CUNT like 100 times before I beat it, I probably don't care that I beat it. It's the thrill of finally finishing something that has kicked my ass repeatedly for weeks/months that keeps me interested in games.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Reynaldo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:10 am

FWIW - Bloodborne is the free game of March on PS4 for PSPlus, speaking of hard games.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:34 pm

I just downloaded Bloodbourne as well as the other 3 games they had for free on PS Plus. I'll probably never play them but if I ever feel the urge to they will be there.

Recently I beat Okami HD which was pretty easy but fucking gorgeous. Really good game. No hand holding tutorials. Just a little bit of intuitive "figure it out" scenarios, easy combat and beautiful art.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:46 pm

I've owned Dragon Warrior 2 for 25 years, I have yet to beat it due to the ridiculously unbalanced combat at the end of the game. I tried to finish it again the the other day and I threw my controller across the room.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby brinstar » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:37 pm

yea man that shit was crazy hard

there were some hard ass games back in the day
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Reynaldo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:15 am

After two weeks in, i've finally beaten the first bloodborne boss........

As the first game i've played (really since original EQ) that doesn't have maps, i've run the first area so much I actually know it. It's funny as humans how well we adapt to and learn things when we have to instead of having a crutch.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jay » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:11 pm

Now that I'm unemployed I might hit up Bloodbourne. I keep forgetting that I have it.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Reynaldo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:28 pm

Update: just beat the Spider boss and can see the huge dudes hanging on buildings now...so weird!

And Yahar'Gul can go F itself.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Previous

Return to Other Worlds