have you ever wondered...? [DS/S&S]

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: have you ever wondered...? [DS/S&S]

Postby 10sun » Sun May 28, 2017 10:57 am

I ended up grinding up a bit for my axe & shield + switched my creed to the Gold one. The +Gold potion you get from them also increases damage.
Something around 700 arcane resistance. Made her trivial. Same with the rest of the bosses. On New Game Plus now... died to a fucking regular zombie twice and ended up losing 140k salt.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby brinstar » Tue May 30, 2017 9:36 am

just beat double boss at the bottom of the alkymancery. wasn't that tough, whacked 'em on the first try. i'd say all the time spent practicing defense on those alkymancery knights paid off, i can nail those dudes without getting touched now

that said, i crept into the crypt (holy shit this place is creepy) and those grave guys with the glowing chests fuck my shit up lmao
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby brinstar » Wed May 31, 2017 10:16 am

digging around in the crypt and found a candelabra -- nope not ready for a boss

explored more and found it again -- sigh alright let's take a swing

died to the forgotten king/knight/judge trio, but started to learn some patterns

alright let's go back and try again, find candelabra

oh shit who's this giant gross skourzh monster thingy????

oh well, one-shot that tool, but how did this happen?

further exploring, ahh. similar staircase. took a few tries, but whacked the trio by divide+conquer approach - the only really damaging attacks were the magic blasts from the judge, so she died first. after that the knight and king were easypants.

moving on... oh shit, the still palace is somehow even creepier. nameless god was pretty hard and i zerged him about a dozen times without getting him to 50%, experimenting with different resists/weapons (his poison resist must be crazy high because my poison scimitar didn't work, so i switched to the faster lowlander's greatknife IV). finally it all clicked and i ganked him with 3 juiceboxes left :)

what a wonderful game, truly

started NG+ but honestly not sure how long it'll hold my attention now that i've beat it (not a reflection on the game)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby 10sun » Wed May 31, 2017 9:37 pm

I'm going to get back to the some of the double/triple bosses for NG+. Apparently you keep the salt if you kill one and use a bell before killing the others. Might make it an easy grind to higher levels to try out other builds & weapons.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Tossica » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:54 am

This looks great. Will pick up.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:03 pm

heads up, 40% off steam version for the next 38 hours (until noon central friday)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Zanchief » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:52 pm

I was playing this with my son since it has a cool couch coop feature. I got stuck once I finished the pyramid. My once in a while play time was tricky to find out where I needed to go next, so I walked away. Still kind of want to play it, though all my kid plays these days is Fortnite~
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Previous

Return to Other Worlds