Fallout 3

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Fallout 3

Postby Ginzburgh » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:31 am

Not sure if this was talked about in this thread and I'm not going to sift through five pages but you can't continue the game beyond beating it, so dont save in the last room because the doors lock behind you. A good place to save is right before you start the last quest in the main quest line when you tell the brotherhood that you lost the g.e.c.k and they make the decision to fight enclave at the Jefferson memorial. Sentinel Lyons will offer you the power or recon armor, choose one and then she'll ask if your ready yet, tell her, "you need a minute" then leave, save the game and don't go back to the citadel.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:19 am

hai guys

after a couple months of being paralyzed between [option A] buying FO3 for the PS3 and [option B] buying a new video card and getting FO3 for the PC, i was helping a bro build a new gaming box and found a great deal on a 9800 GTX+, so i got that and blew my xmas gift cards on fallout 3 and fable

anyway, things i love about fallout 3 so far (i am supposed to go look for dad in the GNR building, but i have been exploring for hours and hours):

• the ability to fuck off the main quest line and just explore
  • lasers!
  • "fast travel" ability
  • wtf, Liam Neeson?
  • railway rifle. choo choo!
  • someone gave me a house
  • surprise bonus perks (barkskin!)

things i'm not so keen on:

• shit's too heavy. i run out of ammo too fast, so i have to carry all my guns all the time. not to mention: a dozen missiles weighs nothing, but a carton of cigarettes weighs 2?
  • shelling out 120 caps for a hooker that just lays down and goes to sleep. if my wap does not get mouthified i may have to cut a bitch
  • everything's brown lol
  • werewolfs
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby brinstar » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:13 am

ummm okay this may be one of the coolest "did you see what i just did to that guy" moments i've had in a video game for a long time

i headshotted this super mutant with my railway rifle, only instead of blowing the head off like usual, it actually nailed the head to the side of the building with the rail spike.

it's not perfect considering the back half of the head clips through the wall, but still...hella nice touch!
Attachments
choo choo.JPG
pwnd
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Go and download some of the mods that are out there if you want to spice the game up.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/categories.php

This site has a few mods.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby brinstar » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:32 pm

thanks but i usually play games vanilla the first time through
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:41 pm

brinstar wrote:it actually nailed the head to the side of the building with the rail spike.

lol i just reinstalled avp2 and you can do that with the predator spears. that game is pretty ugly tho :(
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:55 am

I just got the pimp powerarmor that's found in the bunker in Fort Constantine. Sadly I had to kill alot of people to get the keys for that armor. My karma is now "Very Evil: Fiend" so I killed every living thing in Megaton for the F of it. I didn't detonate the Atom Bomb, I just killed everyone with my Shishkebob. Now I am going to work my way through looting everything. I'll reserve Rivet City as my buying and selling place.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:36 pm

If you want more classic Fallout weapons here is a mod that, while still in the works, is awesome.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2307

.223 Pistol
14mm Pistol
M60 Machine Gun
FN Fal
H&K Caws
Pancor Jackhammer

Just to name a few
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Drem » Wed May 06, 2009 10:37 pm

so i'm not sure why but when this game first came out for PC i just assumed i couldn't handle it because Crysis more or less runs like shit. i finally decided to give it a go and it's made really well because i can turn it up to high and it runs like butter.

i could on and on about stuff that was cool to do for the first time but i kinda get the feeling that this whole deal gets old after a week. i was extremely giddy and excited when i got to see the wasted US realized in 3d and i was obsessed with getting great VATS kills but now it's already sort of meh after 3 days of play and i think S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is better, tho fairly different
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Wed May 06, 2009 10:52 pm

oh man i loved S.T.A.L.K.E.R., although i have only played the prequel (not the original Shadow of Chernobyl)

fyi there is a third installment coming out late 2009/early 2010 named S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat and i am fucking pumped because i should be done with school right around then and itchin' to dive into a big game like that

i have done everything there is to do in FO3 except for the ending, and i have to agree that even though it was a buggy piece of shit, stalker is still the better game
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tikker » Wed May 06, 2009 10:54 pm

fallout3 bored the shit out of me for some reason

I just couldn't get into it
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Wed May 06, 2009 11:18 pm

after the novelty of VATS wears off it's just another gay bethesda game with, kinda like you were saying in the CoH thread, a fallout skin over it

STALKER's cool because it's basically the real 30km Zone. every broken down piece of junk or building or vehicle etc that you see is pretty much actually there in real life. i think the only licenses they really took are obviously the anomalies, which, in my opinion, are like an ode to the film of the same name and oddly similar subject matter, despite it being made 7 or 8 years before the incident occured

i've played a little bit of shadow of chernobyl but i just downloaded Clear Sky myself. i didn't know it was a prequel so i guess that works out pretty well since i haven't beaten the original
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Thu May 07, 2009 12:16 am

you're just starting clear sky? oh man i'm excited for you haha

newbie protip: if you take the southern path the first time you go to the Garbage, do NOT repeat do NOT fuck around with the army base. just run your noob ass around the fence and to the north as fast as you possibly can.

it is more difficult (at the time) to get to the Garbage via the northern path, but once you get there it's a much easier entry point. there are maybe a couple of dogs and then a corpse to loot before you get to an outpost, rather than a huge and invincible 50cal (with flawless aim, natch) waiting to saw you in half.

later on you can sneak around the east side of the army base, and with enough patience, kill everyone inside to loot their sweet sweet automatic rifles, but for now just knowing the above will save you a ton of frustration
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Thu May 07, 2009 1:50 am

Tikker wrote:fallout3 bored the shit out of me for some reason

I just couldn't get into it

I think it's because you have bad tastes.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Thu May 07, 2009 1:01 pm

brinstar wrote:newbie protip: if you take the southern path the first time you go to the Garbage, do NOT repeat do NOT fuck around with the army base. just run your noob ass around the fence and to the north as fast as you possibly can.

Oh shit I totally agree. I don't know how many times had to reload to get past the god damned machine gun. I go back there all the time to wipe out all the soldiers and steal their shit.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Arlos » Thu May 07, 2009 2:36 pm

Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Drem » Thu May 07, 2009 3:36 pm

lol
Drem