The West

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

The West

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:50 am

This is an awesome browser game. Probably the best one I have ever played. You can play it at work no problem. Like any other browser game, you set it up in the morning and it goes by itself.

www.the-west.net

Me and a buddy from work play. The setting is the old west, you can choose from a number of different classes, i.e. worker, adventurer, etc.

My buddy and I just erected a town. Some random dude held a contest because he was quitting and giving all of his money away and we won so we put it all into building our town up but we need more people to play.

If you sign up, it's world 6 and my name is ginzburgh. Write a telegram to me and I will invite you to join our town.

We currently have three open spots in our town but it's ok, if we get more than that we'll just have to build more residences.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: The West

Postby Harrison » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:35 pm

This is mildly fun so far. Level 8
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:02 am

Dude are you in world 6? Why didn't you send me a telegram yet? Me, two work buddies, tensen and Ezekiel have a town going. Droogwood.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:57 pm

I wasn't sure that I was going to play it or not. Now it's just another round in my usual to-do list on the browser.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:31 pm

I like that.

So are you in world 6 or not? If so, we'll build more residences in our town. You can't join our town until you have a room of your own. When you start a town it gives you five spots, each level you raise on your residence gives your town an additional five spots. We're working on getting our bank to level 3 right now (so we can store more $$ in bank so it doesn't get stolen by PK's) and we'll start on building more residences right after that.

Maybe a week, so just keep doing what you're doing and I'll let you know when your room is ready.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:32 pm

I'm on world 6. I don't know exactly what I'm doing right now besides just upping skills to do more difficult jobs.

Right now I'm just continuously milling grains for experience. (seems to be the best reward $$ and experience)
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:28 pm

Don't do the same job over and over again. Your "motivation" goes down and the lower your motivation the less cash/exp you'll rake in. And you can work on one job and queue up the next, two at a time for free account, four at a time for premium.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby 10sun » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:04 pm

Can you trade items at all? or should you just eventually sell shit?
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:39 am

Only sell duplicate items. Don't sell items with different stats. Reason being, if you go to work on a job, and you have 15 labor points, you can swap some items around from your backpack into your inventory and you'll squeeze out some more labor points, making you more efficient at the job, generating more xp, cash and whatever material the job yields.

There is a job calculator on the forum that you link to your inventory/backpack that tells you what the best equipment to use is on a particular job.

http://www.weststats.com/

This is definitely the most robust browser game I've ever played. Everyone should be playing! Tensen and I are going to build more residences as soon as we're done getting our bank to level 3.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:58 am

okay, I created a character and had no idea what I was doing and didn't read so I put skill and attribute points all over the place, but then I read that at 14 you can do a quest to re-distribute them at a cost so I'm torn if I want to re-level to 8 again, which will take a couple days, or if I want to just re-distribute at 14.

either way, though, I'm not quite sure what way I want to go at 10. I was thinking soldier or adventurer. either way I'm at a bit of a standstill right now until I make my decision to re-level or re-distribute, and then think about what build route I want to go.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Ginzburgh » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:45 am

It doesn't matter what you put them into pre level 10, it's actually good that you spread them out because you should have a few points in everything, then at level 10 you concentrate on whatever class you choose. Zeek can comment on Soldier, my buddy is an adventurer and loves it and I am a worker.

We're building more residences now.

Who is playing and wants an invite to the town? Give me your west name too.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ginzburgh » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:48 am

Gyp, I just sent you an invite to the town. One of our members wasnt playing so I booted him to free up the extra spot.

When you accept the invite, click on the icon that says "center map on your town", click on our town icon on the map and then click on the road sign icon in the town map and walk to our town. Once you're there, just do your quests close to town so you can sleep in our hotel for free (to get your health and energy back up), use our bank and buy goods (at a discount) at our stores.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:34 pm

see, I figured I'd want to have a decent balance too (logically), but when I read the forums all of the new user guides stress that it's best to be 'pure' and allocate all of your abilities to one talent and keep most of your skill points in a specific skill, I guess kind of like in WoW for when you're going for a certain build. pff, I don't know - I'll just keep leveling rather than restart. I was already asleep at a hotel when you invited me, so I have it set to walk me to the town after I'm done sleeping, a 6 hour hike.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby DangerPaul » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:50 pm

Ginzburgh wrote:Gyp, I just sent you an invite to the town. One of our members wasnt playing so I booted him to free up the extra spot.

When you accept the invite, click on the icon that says "center map on your town", click on our town icon on the map and then click on the road sign icon in the town map and walk to our town. Once you're there, just do your quests close to town so you can sleep in our hotel for free (to get your health and energy back up), use our bank and buy goods (at a discount) at our stores.

what the gay? I messaged you a week ago, where is my invite?
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ginzburgh » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:52 am

Invite sent this morning. We had to build more residences because the town was filled up. Each level of residences gives you five spots. We had five people:

Me
Work Buddy
Zeek
Tensen
Gyp

Now that we just made more residences we just invited

Danger
Finawin

So we have three more spots left. If others are playing, let me know and I will shoot you an invite. We're going to concentrate on building the next levels of our hotel and bank for now and when we get 10 people in the town we'll build the next level of residences.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby DangerPaul » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:44 pm

The wife spent 3 or 4 hours on the hotel today. Told her to do some quests to finish out level 10 and then she can go back for more.
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ginzburgh » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:07 pm

Just tell her to make sure her motivation doesn't drop below 90% working on the hotel because she'll start sacrificing construction points. If her motivation falls to 90%, just tell her to do some other quests, then go back to it.

We can rotate between me, her and tensen, we're all workers.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:20 am

what do you do with inventory items you get from jobs? like flags, handcuffs, grains, those sorts of things? do you sell them? I know they're used in other quests sometimes.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby DangerPaul » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:24 am

used for quests, and I truly hate you if you have a flag already. When you get the quest that is a 180 exp point quest and you only need the 1 flag.

Do not sell them off, unless you have a LOT of duplicates.
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:28 am

oh. yeah, I defended the fort for 4 hours today and got a flag.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Arlos » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:07 pm

Do we have a bank in town, and if so, how do I put money in it?

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby 10sun » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:55 pm

Arlos wrote:Do we have a bank in town, and if so, how do I put money in it?

-Arlos

First join the town.
Then travel to the town.
Go to the bank (bottom left of the town window... you've gotta close the window that has the covered wagon on it).
Choose an amount to deposit and then deposit your cash.

-Adam
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby brinstar » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:57 pm

okay where's the effin town

ginz i sent a telegram but i figure i could work my way there in the meantime
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby brinstar » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:05 pm

4 hr walk, weaksauce
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Ginzburgh » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:47 am

That's nothing. It takes like 17 hours to walk from one end of the map to the other.

And be a Dueler brin.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Next

Return to Other Worlds