What xbox 360 + original xbox games should I buy?

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

What xbox 360 + original xbox games should I buy?

Postby Yamori » Fri May 15, 2009 2:02 pm

I got a 360 recently and am looking for good games. Especially RPG type games but whatever. What are some of y'all's favorites?

I've purchased Resident Evil 5 and Bioshock and found them both enjoyable. Left 4 Dead was also pretty good. I also got Elder Scrolls: Oblivion but it was boring and bad, and GTA 4 was too complicated and clunky to figure out.

Ok bye. :eyecrazy:
-Yamori
AKA ~~Baron Boshie of the Nameless~~
Yamori
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: What xbox 360 + original xbox games should I buy?

Postby 10sun » Fri May 15, 2009 2:10 pm

Dead Rising.

Dynasty Warriors (I forget what they are up to, but each one seems to be an improvement upon the last).
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Drem » Fri May 15, 2009 7:02 pm

i'd play dynasty warriors on your computer if you have a choice unless there's one made for the 360 that can actually show all the people on the field at once. i have 4 hyper and play it with a sidewinder and it's a lot of fun. but i guess on the ps2 you could only see about 35~45 people at once so you get this "never-ending battle" type of thing because people 5 feet away from you can't get rendered til you kill the other guys

anyways, Beautiful Katamari and fallout 3 because bethesda games always make more sense on a controller
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Sun May 17, 2009 6:02 am

Ugh, Dynasty Warriors is a boring button mashfest.

I can't see how anyone would want to play that for longer than ten minutes.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Sun May 17, 2009 1:23 pm

wow josh doesn't like something and can't contribute anything to a thread. how fuckin surprising
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Yamori » Sun May 17, 2009 4:13 pm

also, is shelling out the 50$ a month for multiplayer worth it if I'm a loner and a cheapskate? Does it make games like Left4Dead totally hauss? :o
-Yamori
AKA ~~Baron Boshie of the Nameless~~
Yamori
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Drem » Sun May 17, 2009 4:38 pm

yes
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Naethyn » Mon May 18, 2009 7:31 am

I like need for speed carbon.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Harrison » Mon May 18, 2009 9:01 am

Yamori wrote:also, is shelling out the 50$ a month for multiplayer worth it if I'm a loner and a cheapskate? Does it make games like Left4Dead totally hauss? :o

Besides the ridiculous ripoff price, it makes almost every game worth playing immensely more.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tossica » Thu May 21, 2009 2:51 pm

Yamori wrote:also, is shelling out the 50$ a month for multiplayer worth it if I'm a loner and a cheapskate? Does it make games like Left4Dead totally hauss? :o

It's $50 a year and yes, it's badass and if you own a 360 without it, you are totally missing out.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:21 pm

I just picked up a handful of games at the Buy 2 get 1 free sale at Gameshit.

Fallout 3
Silent Hill Homecoming
Fable II
Guitar Hero III
Blue Dragon
Blazing Angels.

They are all pretty awesome IMO.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:34 pm

It's only useful if you have friends or relatives you want to play with. If you play casually, it's not really worth it. If you are cheap, it's doubly not worth it.

In my opinion Mass Effect is the best RPG for the 360. Right behind that is Oblivion, although it's a bit old. Neither can be played online.

Gears of War 1 and 2 and the Halo series are a hoot. You don't need multi to enjoy them.

If you do want Live, then look for deals on bing.com. You can generally search there and get cashback so Live is cheap. My kid only really plays the 360 and Wii, so I get him a Live sub for his birthday since all his friends are on there. I play quite often and rarely use Live. Multiplayer games aren't as good on the 360 can be lagfests since there are no good servers available. There is just Xbox to Xbox gameplay.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tossica » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:44 pm

Lyion wrote:

It's only useful if you have friends or relatives you want to play with. If you play casually, it's not really worth it. If you are cheap, it's doubly not worth it.

In my opinion Mass Effect is the best RPG for the 360. Right behind that is Oblivion, although it's a bit old. Neither can be played online.

Gears of War 1 and 2 and the Halo series are a hoot. You don't need multi to enjoy them.

If you do want Live, then look for deals on bing.com. You can generally search there and get cashback so Live is cheap. My kid only really plays the 360 and Wii, so I get him a Live sub for his birthday since all his friends are on there. I play quite often and rarely use Live. Multiplayer games aren't as good on the 360 can be lagfests since there are no good servers available. There is just Xbox to Xbox gameplay.

I rarely play multiplayer games online. I do use the arcade all the time, chat with my son, download extra content and use my 360 to stream from Netflix. Those alone are easily worth the $4 a month. The online experience is so much better than what Sony is offering they are not even in the same category yet.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:20 am

Definitely, Toss. The key is if you use it. Live has some good features, but if someone rarely wants to play multiplayer and is on a budget it's not a good use of funds.

I almost never use LIVE, despite having it up. It's a bad deal for me. My kid uses the bejesus out of it, so it's a great deal for me to pay for it for him.

I also use my Xbox as a Media Extender on my HDTV in my office, so it does double duty. That's where the Xbox really shines in my opinion. I can get on my gerbil machine and run and watch TV, or stream content from my PC.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Return to Other Worlds