Lord of the ring online

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Lord of the ring online

Postby baddwin » Thu May 28, 2009 1:56 pm

Hi, who is playing woth LOTRO, i downloaded the game and wanted to try it with the free 10 days offer. I would like to get some info and maybe create my toon on same server or a friendly server.

Thank for your time =D
baddwin
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Re: Lord of the ring online

Postby Ginzburgh » Thu May 28, 2009 7:49 pm

I played for awhile but don't play anymore. It get's pretty boring in my opinion. That was before they released the Moria expansion though so it may be better now.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Nusk » Sat May 30, 2009 11:48 pm

i played it for the free month, it was wow set in lotro with music
Nusk
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Hatak » Sun May 31, 2009 6:01 am

I play on the Landroval server as Faneyolen. I really enjoy it. I hated WoW but love LOTRO. If you want to meet up in game, let me know! I will be on tonight raiding but will be free afterwards.
Hatak
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Sun May 31, 2009 7:23 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed the game, but couldn't find a decent group of people to play with.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lyion » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:42 pm

Durothil Skyreaver wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed the game, but couldn't find a decent group of people to play with.

The beta was ok. Not bad, but nothing really grabbed me.

I wish they used a time BESIDES the War of the Ring period. The Second Age of Middle Earth would be a fantastic setting for an MMO. There's so much more room to do things and to broaden the powers of the players.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby baddwin » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:08 am

I created my toon on the Landroval, as no one was answering i started to look back at old post and seen a few people's have created character on that server. So i have a level 21 Elf Warden named Verlen, i have a try a few other class to see (13 bard, 10 hunter, 7 LM, 6 RK, 10 Burglar).

The game is fun, but there so much stuff i will have done differently in the UI ;-D. So far even, i enjoy the game and explore the place.
baddwin
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby baddwin » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:18 am

Lyion wrote:
Durothil Skyreaver wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed the game, but couldn't find a decent group of people to play with.

The beta was ok. Not bad, but nothing really grabbed me.

I wish they used a time BESIDES the War of the Ring period. The Second Age of Middle Earth would be a fantastic setting for an MMO. There's so much more room to do things and to broaden the powers of the players.

They prolly want to keep the base fan to be able to see there hero's from the 3 book's. As far as setting you right, there so much that have been done in the Second Age it could have been a great setting. As far as weapon, armor artefac the more powerfull one was created in the first Age when the Elf started to learn, if i recall correctly my reading of the silmarillion and the lost story.
baddwin
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Hatak » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:10 am

baddwin wrote:They prolly want to keep the base fan to be able to see there hero's from the 3 book's. As far as setting you right, there so much that have been done in the Second Age it could have been a great setting. As far as weapon, armor artefac the more powerfull one was created in the first Age when the Elf started to learn, if i recall correctly my reading of the silmarillion and the lost story.

They've done this in the game as well with the Mines of Moria expansion regarding weapons. They added First, Second, and Third Age weapons with the First Age weapons obviously being the best.

When do you normally play, Baddwin? I have a 59 elf minstrel as my main and a quite a few lower level alts.
Hatak
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:04 pm

Yeah I fired this back up on Landroval as well. Look for Durothil/Rhadruin/Illystyl/Arivan/Khronin/Nikademos
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Hatak » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:18 am

Finally caught you guys online but I'll be offline a couple of weeks, lol. My wife and I are going to be sponsors at church camp all next week. If you guys need any help or anything this weekend or when I get back, just let me know.
Hatak
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Return to Other Worlds