Dragon Age: Origins

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Dragon Age: Origins

Postby Arlos » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:58 pm

I did the dragon with 1 mage, Morrigan, but it was a pain in the ass. I couldn't do it at all, went to an earlier save, went to a new town for 1 trip to stock up on a bunch of health pots, went back through and did it. I did have to drop the difficulty level to normal instead of Hard though. Morrigan just did not have enough healing power, even with the extra health pots, to keep everyone alive, nor can she rez people.

I did it with my main (warrior specializing in shield), Sten (specialized in 2h), Liliana (arrows) and morrigan (who used the cone of cold one to stun the dragon every time it did it's bite pickup attack.)

I've been enjoying the game thoroughly. I'm definitely looking forward to playing through as a different character and seeing how it goes.

The romantic fight between Liliana and Morrigan is amusing as well. Just try asking Morrigan for a 3-way, if you want some extra amusement value. *laugh*

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tossica » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:29 am

That dragon tore through my party pretty effortlessly on "normal". I had to drop it down to casual and even then only my dog survived. I've had to play most of the boss encounters on casual because it's just too difficult on the 360.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:44 am

I refuse to drop the difficulty. I'm a stubborn prick.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:54 am

i'm finding the game pretty unforgiving if you make a tactical mistake, heh

that being said, I'm bit by bit getting the hang of doing stuff, but I'm needing to find more stuff out about the classes and certain weapons etc etc
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:32 pm

I run two mages because I can rotate Force Field on my tank and withstand anything. I've killed the Dragon on Hard in this manner.

I pump Taunt and aggro up.. Then rotate Force Field while my 2 mages and Ranger pluck away from range. They also have aggro lowering items.

This works for groups, Dragons, and others.

If I have a surplus of weenie mobs attacking me, I generally use Sleep and Waking Nightmare in conjunction and heal via my mages with pots in addition.

So, I have massive AEs, single target DPS, and after building up massive aggro I can dump Force Field from my main mage and Morrigan. You need two mages with this, and you can sustain it indefinitely on your tank, pausing just long enough to throw taunt.

I have some other neat tricks, but that trivialized any encounter with a huge baddie.

p.s. In a bit of comedy as a male mage you can do a three way, do Zevran(!gayz0r), do leliana <again!>, and knock up another girl all in the same few minutes. Damn pr0n game!
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Drem » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:24 pm

lol. the Witcher was full of sex
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ginzburgh » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:24 am

I just beat it. 44 hours play time. I planned on beating it and doing all the side quests after at my leisure but it wiped all of the side quests and only allows you to do the downloadable content. It doesn't even let you walk around the world, all the locations are grayed out.

So if you want to do the side quests, do them before calling the lands meet.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tossica » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:30 am

I'm 52hrs in and have been doing every side quest and exploring everything. I don't know how close I am to the end but I've explored 70% of the world and just escaped Fort Drakon.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby leah » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:17 am

heee, i saw a clip of some gay sex scenario that it's this game and read about how parents are all up-in-arms about it. made me giggle. but the clip was actually pretty risque! like watching brokeback or something.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby 10sun » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:05 pm

I'm at over 80 hours and I've had over four dozen homosexual encounters in this game.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Tossica » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:19 pm

leah wrote:heee, i saw a clip of some gay sex scenario that it's this game and read about how parents are all up-in-arms about it. made me giggle. but the clip was actually pretty risque! like watching brokeback or something.

Pretty sure the game says "Mature audiences only" right on it. Stupid parents.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:43 pm

10sun wrote:I'm at over 80 hours and I've had over four dozen homosexual encounters in this game.

I don't doubt it. If there's any gay in a game, you'll find it!
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Ginzburgh » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:04 pm

Yeah you can definitely hook up with Zaverin
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:22 pm

FUNNY. i love when games get all cheeky.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Nusk » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:58 pm

bought this for ps3 instead of pc just so i can actually use the damn thing for something other than a blue ray/dvd player

took me a while to get used to the controls but i agree with arlos that this game is infinitely than either of the neverwinter night games

stunning graphics i just wish it had better auto pause function for party planning

my party consists of
Dwarf Ranger (me)
alistair
morrigan
dog
Nusk
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tossica » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:54 am

I've finished almost every single side quest and both of the DLC now and am gearing up for the final battle. What a great game! I'm going to be sad when it's done.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am

Use the ballistas
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Previous

Return to Other Worlds