i'm pumped

(also i don't cheat)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Re: Demon's Souls

Postby Drem » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:31 am

i just realised these dudes made king's field 1-3 on PSone. huge. no wonder it's so fucking hard
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:10 pm

Servers are closing for this guy at the end of May. Bummer, but it's still a decent single player game.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... f-may.aspx
After numerous extensions, ATLUS confirmed it will finally turn off the North American servers for Demon's Souls on May 31, 2012.

The servers will officially turn off at 11:59 PM PST. ATLUS says the single-player portion of the game will remain unaffected. The company will have two separate World Tendency events next month, May 1-15 and May 16-31, based on fan voting.

ATLUS encourages all players to sign on May 31 one last time before saying goodbye.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Drem » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:22 pm

dark souls isn't shutting down and it's better anyway, so there you go!
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Griever » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:10 pm

Thought you might like this Toss.

Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tossica » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:02 am

:)
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:46 pm

With the unofficial patch, the PC port is awesome. Just spent another 35hrs going through the game again and started on a new game +.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:16 pm

Tossica wrote:With the unofficial patch, the PC port is awesome. Just spent another 35hrs going through the game again and started on a new game +.

Is it worth picking up?
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tossica » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:25 pm

Durothil Skyreaver wrote:
Tossica wrote:With the unofficial patch, the PC port is awesome. Just spent another 35hrs going through the game again and started on a new game +.

Is it worth picking up?

It's the most brilliant, brutal, frustrating, deep, rewarding, amazing, infuriating game that will make you yell "FUCKING CUNT!!!" really loud at your screen that has come out in years.

Do not bother buying it unless you have a PS3 or XBox controller for your PC. I can't imagine trying to play it with a keyboard mouse. Repeat. The game was not made to be played with a keyboard/mouse. It's a console style RPG in every way.

Also, download the unofficial patch for it. It fixes a lot of problems.

With that out of the way. Fuck yes, it's worth picking up. I've got 400+hrs in to it and have now purchased it on both consoles and the PC version. I'm sure I'll buy the DLC for the consoles when it's released as well.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drem » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:54 pm

Yea, totally worth it. Its mechanics are unique. Im really terrible and still cant pass sen's fortress after a good year and a half of owning it. I've probably died thousands of times and lost hours of my life. If you want something deep, incredibly original, and something to pick up old everquest's difficulty torch, this game is for you

That being said, it's also a total fucking pain. You can die from any mob really quickly if you're not payin attention. Defense can be more important than a good offense in most situations. To me it's a game for the tedious, tolerant, and patient gamer that wants the feeling of hard-earned satisfaction. Casual gamers need not apply, you'll likely hate it

One thing toss isnt mentioning that i really like is the multiplayer system. It's mostly impersonal and you can't talk to eachother but still effective with enough flexibility to let you still play with one specific person for a while and party up via xbox friends list for voice if you wnted to

Depending on whether you're hollowed (dead) or human you might get randomly invaded by other players that will try to kill you. If you've already got two phantoms summoned into your world you'll pwn face usually. Sometimes the invader totally fucks up your night. Or you can just stay hollowed and avoid multiplayer alltogether and only deal with a few scripted invasions

When online you also see messages people leave all over the world that might warn you of danger ahead or fuck with you and tell you to try jumping down somewhere or that there's an invisible wall somewhere when there isnt

And keep in mind its 3rd person only with a huge emphasis on blocking and psrrying, both of which you do manually. Shields usually kill 100% of physical damage. Combat's by far the best in any rpg i've ever played

tl;dr version: buy it
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:05 pm

As far as yelling "FUCKING CUNT" and bringing the words faggot and retard back into my vocabulary and making me break things and eventually get a punching bag to cope with being so horribly broken mentally.... Trials Evolution
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Previous

Return to Other Worlds