PS3

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

PS3

Postby Gaazy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:33 pm

I just bought one. What games should I get? I just got that Dragon Origin game to start with, and its pretty fun, but it just doesnt...hold my attention.

so, what kicks ass and what doesnt?
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Re: PS3

Postby Tossica » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:25 am

Demon's Souls.

I bought the God of War collection too. That's been a blast this weekend.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:01 am

here's a trimmed-down version of my post from the old PS3 thread:

brinstar wrote:Haze 4/5 - good action, good story, but too short

Assassin's Creed 4/5 - great story, good action, awesome environment. gets a little tedious though - pickpocket this guy, beat up that guy, kill him, rescue her. blah blah blah.

Army of Two 5/5 - really like this so far, haven't finished. also haven't tried playing without a friend, so i don't know how good the CPU ally AI is. customizable weapons ftw!

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune 2.5/5 - didn't care much for the mechanics. also, about 2/3 of the way through it turns into Resident Evil: Abandoned Power Station with superfast zombie shit. wtf?

Resistance: Fall of Man 3.5/5 - good enough game, but something felt missing. can't say what.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 4/5 - great physics, awesome graphics and tight play control. hard as FUCK though, i still can't believe i beat it

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots 5/5 - if you ever played any of the MGS games, you'll love it. as always, the storyline is convoluted and confusing, but even despite that it's a great game

Battlefield: Bad Company 4.5/5 - fun as hell. supporting characters crack me up, too.

in retrospect i'd rate Army of Two, Resistance, and Haze lower

since then i've played:

Dead Space 4.5/5 - scary space survival FPS. cool weapons, creepy setting (think Event Horizon meets Resident Evil). dozens of ways to die lol

Grand Theft Auto IV 4.5/5 - pretty fun. sandbox-style game with tons of sidequests, which is good for when you want to take a break from the main storyline.

Resident Evil 5 4.5/5 - very well done, see above comments about MGS4. one caveat: it has forced co-op like Army of Two, so you're probably better off playing with a friend instead of trusting the AI buddy.

Conflict: Denied Ops 1.5/5 - don't bother, seriously

Resistance 2 3.5/5 - improved a bit over the first game, but they removed the 2P split screen co-op capability which is a big drawback if you have a regular gaming pal like i do.

Borderlands 5/5 - love this game. shitload of randomized weapons, great action, hilarious dialog. interesting Diablo2-like skill trees for each of four classes provides multiple ways to play. decent replay value too.

stuff still on my list:

batman arkham asylum
ninja gaiden sigma 2
valkyria chronicles
whenever FF13 comes out
modern warfare 2

hope that helps
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Zanchief » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:14 am

Fallout 3 GOTY edition

It's just ridiculous how awesome that game is.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Reynaldo » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:58 am

I'm loving Uncharted. Just beat 1 and started on 2.

What makes it awesome to me are no "boss" fights. just constant big shootouts. Although like previous poster says, it does take a turn for the gay with the zombie levels.. Hope #2 doesn't have that in it
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Return to Other Worlds