SC2

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

SC2

Postby Phlegm » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:10 pm

Anyone play this game yet? How is it? I am thinking of getting it sometime this week.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: SC2

Postby Zanchief » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:32 pm

RTS' are not for me anymore. Single player campaigns aren't as fun and people have gotten too good at them. It looks cool though.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby ClakarEQ » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:03 pm

I've not bought it yet but certainly plan to. SC is one of the few games me and my boys play. Playing with your friends is all cool and nice but nothing like playing with your own kids, that is just a HUGE blast for all of us :)

I don't think SC2 will be "approved" by Dad, for the kids though, boy they're going to hate hearing that one LOL. I don't know how "bad" (sex, blood gore, etc it is though).
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:19 pm

you need to check out Sins of a Solar Empire (dumb name, great game)

it's relatively simple, and most of your time is spent planning combat and conquest, rather than mining and dealing with resources

it's a great fun, space RTS
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tossica » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:21 am

I was pretty much done with RTS after Dune and Command and Conquer. Everything after that just seems like a blatant rip off and doesn't hold my attention.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Reynaldo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:48 am

Never been a RTS guy myself. Just recently enjoying FPS for the first time with Call of Duty on the PS3.

Only RTS I actually enjoyed was Herzog Zwei on the genesis. Priceless sending the army of motorcycle things vs the enemy's fortress.

Still holding out hope for a massive turn based pause'able 3rd person Baldur's Gate 3....
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tossica » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:56 am

Reynaldo wrote:Only RTS I actually enjoyed was Herzog Zwei on the genesis. Priceless sending the army of motorcycle things vs the enemy's fortress.

One of my all time favorite games EVER. I still have my original cart and my son LOVES playing it. Some games are timeless.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Arlos » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:11 pm

Reynaldo wrote:Still holding out hope for a massive turn based pause'able 3rd person Baldur's Gate 3....

The closest I've seen to this is Dragon Age: Origins. It's not quite the same, but DA:O is the best fantasy role playing game I've seen SINCE Baldur's Gate 2. If you haven't tried it, I can't recommend it highly enough.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:21 pm

Arlos wrote:
Reynaldo wrote:Still holding out hope for a massive turn based pause'able 3rd person Baldur's Gate 3....

The closest I've seen to this is Dragon Age: Origins. It's not quite the same, but DA:O is the best fantasy role playing game I've seen SINCE Baldur's Gate 2. If you haven't tried it, I can't recommend it highly enough.

-Arlos

It's ok, but it's just not the same.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Arlos » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:33 pm

Oh, I know it's not the same. I'd love a turn-based isometric view Baldur's Gate 3 too. It's just that barring that, DA:O is the closest you're going to find, and is itself quite good.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:12 pm

Yea, it good. I like playing through the campaign once, but I haven't been able to bring myself to even do it a second time.

BGII I've played through more times then I can count. I think Fall Out 3 (although the setting is much different) is as close as we've gotten to BGII.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Reynaldo » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:14 am

I own Dragon Age but have never put in much time to it. Same thing with Oblivion. Bought them, played for a week and just kind of faded off....

Same as Zan with BG2, I've played through it on about 6 different classes. I'd recommend as well that mod that makes BG1 play in the BG2 engine and replaying BG1. Made for all sorts of awesome and not really buggy at all.

Sorry to turn the thread into a BG2 jerkoff, carry on with some SC2!
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby ClakarEQ » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:58 am

Went ahead and bought SC2 a couple days ago, not put much time into it yet. Lots of nice eye candy IMO, overall game play is near identical to SC, I was thinking it would be, I don't know, different :p. I suppose the formula for SC was pretty solid for as long as it's lasted, they probably didn't want to change it too much. Other than an "ass" or "damn" here or there, it's somewhat kid friendly :p. Only through the 3rd or 4th campaign mission tho. The storyline meshes well with the history from what I recalled.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Drem » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:23 pm

sins of a solar empire is great but gets old way too fast
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Return to Other Worlds