Console debate

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Console debate

Postby DangerPaul » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:29 pm

So, I think I may breakdown and buy a console. I have a Wii and think it sucks, it has about 20 hours of playtime in 2 years.

So I am thinking a PS3 or an X-box. I already have a new Blu Ray player, so that is a moot point. A friend loaned me his X-box for 2 weeks, and I beat halo 3 and Assassins Creed, but didn't try any other games for it.

So, opinions... X-box or PS3... please elaborate why you like one versus the other, please. Paully much appreciates the help. (cost is a moot point as well, I know X-box is cheaper)
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: Console debate

Postby KaiineTN » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:03 am

I have a PS3 and never really use it. Then again, I don't think I'd use an Xbox much either, if I had one. What exclusives does Xbox have besides Halo? Project Natal/Kinect might be a cool gimmick, though I kind of doubt it will really take off. Who knows, though.
KaiineTN
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tikker » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:54 am

I prefer the ps3 controllers

I use my 360 as a media center extended too so for me it was a better fit

None of the ps3 exclusives interested me

Xbox live is better than the ps3 online but you pay for it
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:11 am

Xbox 360 has slightly better performance but the exclusives are (just recently) better on PS3 imo.

Halo sucks and I've never played Gears of war but Uncharted, Demon's Soul, God of War. I think PS3 is building a pretty good library. It doesn't make that much difference though, because almost all the best games are cross platform now anyway, so unless you're planning on spending hours upon hours of gaming, you'll never run out of titles.

If you already have a blu ray player and are pleased with it, I'd go with the Xbox because of the slightly better specs (more RAM) and it's more popular in the US so games go on sale more.

As Tikker said, you have pay for online play though, which I think sucks.

Also, unless you want to hack it, the PS3 is better media center then the xbox is, even though it isn't touted as one.

One other thing. Xbox 360s are like 200 bucks right now with 4GB HD. But you can use almost any USB drive as alternate storage devise so if you don't use it that much it's easy to get away with an 8GB USB drive. It's a much cheaper option then the PS3.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Drem » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:49 pm

ps3 has better textures but 360 usually has better framerate. I finally gave in and my girl and I got a big tv and a 360 and I'm really enjoying it but I've only played dragon age, oblivion, fallout, and assassin's creed 2 so far really. and she got the Lego games which are dope
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:16 pm

I'd say go with a 360. Yeah you pay for online but it's worth it imo. If you like Halo games, then XBox has better exclusives and as far as cross platform games go, they are typically developed for the xbox, then ported to ps3 so they play better on xbox (Exception being FF13 as far as I can tell). PS3 has the Uncharted series, which I think is amazing, also MGS4 and soon Gran Turismo 5. Not sure if those are enough for you to make a decision, but I ended up just getting both. Then again, I didnt have a bluray player already either.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Return to Other Worlds