New Vegas

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: New Vegas

Postby Jay » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:56 pm

Oh yeah I guess I have that hotel room too.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:14 am

i just got to novac. i'm only lvl 7 :(

but i dunno what you're talkin about running out of ammo. i have so much ammo i have to stash a lot of it away

also i really like the 'challenges' perks. i got two of them randomly today and now i do extra damage to everything and extra extra damage to bugs!

awesome fallout moment: a runaway viper gunman that i almost killed, sideswiped by 3 bighorners as she was passing a huge rock. flying good night!
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:59 am

Drem wrote:i just got to novac. i'm only lvl 7 :(

but i dunno what you're talkin about running out of ammo. i have so much ammo i have to stash a lot of it away

also i really like the 'challenges' perks. i got two of them randomly today and now i do extra damage to everything and extra extra damage to bugs!

awesome fallout moment: a runaway viper gunman that i almost killed, sideswiped by 3 bighorners as she was passing a huge rock. flying good night!

My aim is horrible since I suck at FPS and I unload clips into things and don't hit them a lot =P
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:53 pm

you guys still at it? i'm lv 19 and finally decided to go into the strip. found out bean bags vs. death claws then switching to melee and stomping them out kills the shit out of them really quick

i think i like fallout 3 better. new vegas doesn't really reward exploring. you just kinda find more ammo and some food and maybe a +10 magazine. i'm really missing finding bobbleheads and numerous +1 magazines instead of very rare +3 magazines...

it's definitely a lot harder to max all your skills and SPECIAL. not even sure you can honestly
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tossica » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:56 pm

I just fired up Fallout 3 this weekend. I played it briefly when it came out but lost interest. Seems to be holding my interest this time around.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drem » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:31 pm

yea I'm still workin on f3 too. almost done with mothership zeta. I was lvl 29 on my cpu and almost done sans DLCs. now I'm 17 or 18 again... Still have to do so much more shit.... That game is deep as the ocean if you do everything. I also recommend forcing yourself to never use a stimpak and play on very hard !!!
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:49 pm

is everybody busy or is everybody over it already? haha
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:42 am

Unfortunately I've been quite absorbed in playing EQ on p1999. Still, fantastic game. Easily one of the best I've played in the last 5 years. Need to go download the mod that lets you mod the unique weapons.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jay » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:52 am

I just beat this. Not gonna lie, i turned the difficulty down against Legate Lanius. That dude was a fuckin badass.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:21 pm

i'm 62 hours deep and i dunno if i'm close or not. but in gameinformer the reviewer said he broke the last boss by standing on a rock hehe
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:11 pm

Drem wrote:i'm 62 hours deep and i dunno if i'm close or not. but in gameinformer the reviewer said he broke the last boss by standing on a rock hehe

Bring good armor and a friggin arsenal if you're trying to kill him on hardest.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:18 pm

heard

i don't like this game as much as fallout 3. i kinda want it to end
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:05 am

Drem wrote:heard

i don't like this game as much as fallout 3. i kinda want it to end

Agreed. I like that it's more challenging but I honestly don't feel nearly as immersed into the Fallout world as much as I did in Fallout 3. I mean, there's little mini missions and quests which are cool and all but in Fallout 3 I decided whether or not I wanted to level a town. I discovered a secret town of militarized children, I was trapped in a virtual reality dream world etc etc etc. Maybe it wasn't really "Fallout" as much as previous games or even New Vegas was, but I was hopelessly addicted to how epic Fallout 3 was all around. New Vegas is a good game, but nothing that set the standard the way I felt Fallout 3 did.

Spoiler for :
I also hate how they turned the Brotherhood of Steel into basically a joke squad of has beens when they essentially saved the world in Fallout 3.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:00 pm

Yea seriously. F3 had so many more moments of radness. Nothing has really made me go "wow" about new vegas. Kinda just wish they woulda just released hardcore mode and iron sights and cooking as DLCs for f3

I'm much more excited about assassin's creed brotherhood at this point. I'm "bethsofted out". I don't even think I could enjoy morrowind atm
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:03 pm

I'm also 100% convinced that Obsidian can't make an interesting or even bug-free game to save their fuckin lives
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:32 pm

Yea so many bugs. I finished it a few weeks ago, and now I'm looking to complete the achievements but it's getting to be a bit tedious especially with all the bugs. It's a fun game, and a lot of stuff is improved but there are so many damn bugs in the game. I don't like how it's so streamlined too. Oh well.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Drem » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:23 pm

yeah it's too scripted. like i went to old lady gibson before i got ed-e so now i can't do ed-e's quest because afaik, that's what she talks to you about the first time you meet her

also there are too many invis walls. not only have i confirmed my suspicion that you can't access the western 1/3 of the map or cross the river and check out the eastern 1/6 of the map, but i got up behind the fort via the reservoir and despite all the smooth, sloping hills, it doesn't even let me one foot out of the water before i hit a wall. you HAVE to take the ferry from cottonwood cove. it's stupid

i did get "This Machine" tho, which is a badass named M1 Garand. the game definitely has a lot more going for it as far as weapons, but i still wish all the "improvements" were just patches for fallout 3
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:24 am

Yea weapon and armor scales much better, which was a big problem in Fallout 3. You could basically get the best item in the game a few hours into player.

Invisible walls are terrible. Some mountains don't even block the invisible wall so you are just walking right into nothing and can't go forward. Very annoying.

You can still finish ED-E's quest. Not sure what all the triggers are but if you visit certain places with him even after talking to Gibson he will just randomly spew out stuff. I think you might need to go to hidden valley.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby brinstar » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:15 pm

invisible walls suck in ANY game

it's lazy/bad game design imo
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Previous