Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Postby Jay » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:05 am

leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:31 am

Yes please indeed. Dragons!!

Also, Mass Effect 3 teaser. Both out next year at about the same time.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Zanchief » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:04 pm

I can just imagine the bugs now!

Bethesda softworks are the biggest bunch of moronic geniuses ever. I hate and love them so much.

I hate that I'll want to play this game, and I hate that it will be buggy to crap and they wont release any patches for it.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Drem » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:21 pm

wtf are you talking about?

bethesda games are hardly buggy at all unless you're talking about daggerfall. and if you're talking about new vegas, they didn't make it. and there is a patch

the thing i hate about bethesda is that despite how amazing their games are, as the games progress, they continually lose features. from morrowind to oblivion we lost the ability to levitate for some unknown reason, as it was actually an integral part of the previous game that was a hell of a lot of fun to toy around with

we always like to joke that you can't play morrowind (literally one of the only xbox games i cant get to work) on the 360 because of levitate
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:36 pm

I'm talking about Oblivion being almost unplayable at times and they never released a patch to fix the majority of the bugs.

I'm talking about Fallout 3 being actually unplayable with all DLC on PS3. It's almost impossible to finish all the DLC without experiencing bugs that will force you to stop playing, never mind constant crashes, freezes, quest bugs, errors in coding that can easily be solved with patching. It's a complete mess. They make awesome games, then don't support them at all and expect people to deal with their shit.

They have a terrible reputation for this, and a well deserved one.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Drem » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:50 pm

dunno, ive never had any problems with them but i dont play on ps3. oblivion works on my 360 just fine for 17 levels so far anyway

the only bug i ever saw in fallout 3 was a few mobs flying up into the air. nothing gamebreaking by any means. i've put hundreds of hours into f3 on PC and 360 and literally have no idea what you're talking about so it must be a ps3 thing only.

new vegas, on the other hand, has had nothing but problems since i put in the disc. some of my friends trying to play on pc cant even get it to work at all
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:51 am

Well you're probably a shameless apologist because basically everyone is clamoring for more patching for all their games. I could name dozens of bugs in Fallout 3 that exist in all version of the game. The PS3 does seem to have more performance problems but they still released it on that platform so they should be responsible to deliver a playable product, which they haven't.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Drem » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:22 pm

lol

oh you could but you just can't be bothered? whatever, i've put over 700 hours into fallout 3, over 500 into morrowind, and im getting 100+ in oblivion and i've literally had next to no issues

maybe i just have better luck than you with bugs /shrug
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:33 pm

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_bugs

There are about 100 for you to start with. I've seen plenty more. If you've honestly played 700 hours of FO3 and haven't seen your share of bugs you must suck at video games.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Drem » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:04 pm

ROFL how does my game not bugging out make me suck at video games?

PS half the shit on that list is like newb griping. there is one game-breaker in your whole gay article and it's not even an issue if you're on PC

you whine way too fucking much
Last edited by Drem on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:06 pm

You're such a dork. Those bugs aren't specific incidents, in most cases they broaden the scope of huge game breaking bugs.

How about a few biggies. Half the companions scale in dmg and hp at 10 times then intended rate. At lvl 10+ they are completely invincible and you don't have to do anything every again. They deal more dmg then a mini-nuke. How is this not game breaking. This is in all versions of the game once you install broken steal.

Ghoul Ecology and Superior Defense perk from Point Lookout give you a straight +5 bonus to ALL dmg PER shot so weapons like Gatling lasers triple in power.

You can get infinite XP with mr sandman perk by killing children over and over again because they can't die but you still get the xp.

These are just off the top of my head. Every single game session something happens where I shake my head and think it would have been so easy to fix this but they don't care at all. They made their money and we're all the suckers paying for it.

I've played through FO3 4 times now 3 times with all the DLC. I've put in my hours into that. There really isn't anything I haven't done. I know what I'm talking about. This game is ridiculously buggy.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Drem » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:19 pm

oh so basically what this comes down to is you don't know the difference between balance issues, exploits, and bugs. you're just using the word bug as a blanket term for all things you think should be fixed

but, that makes more sense. and in that sense, i completely agree with you. there a shit-ton of balance issues and exploits

a bug is an anomaly in the code. not an exploit or something they overlooked. a bug is like, mobs flying up into the air, mobs rubberbanding on death, and people like the guy that buys scrap metal falling thru the world. in new vegas it has grown to include piles of items falling thru the floor, or animals walking half-submerged in the land. i have seen those things happen over and over and consider them bugs. but something like dogmeats feet not touching the ground when he climbs stairs? how is that a "bug"? something like a perk making a weapon 3x better is a bug? thats simply lack of attention to detail on the developer's part

and as such i stand by my statement: this game is hardly buggy
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Semantics you stupid fuck
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:59 pm

no, not at all. a bug is a bug. it's unexpected change in the code. an exploit is some game mechanic thats extremely OP that you basically cheat with. i dunno how you retards played EQ and dont know the difference
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:47 pm

you're quibbling over a fucking term, when you know exactly what he means

so once again, semantics, and you're still a stupid fuck
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:32 pm

what's the difference? i'm right either way you stupid faggot

a quick search on the internetz reveals about an even threeway between people that say "oh that sucks for you, i never saw any bugs" and people that say "yeah i saw some mobs fly up in the air and another thing or two thats it (me)" and people that say "corrupt save files, frozen game, steaming buggy pile (zanchief)". i mean even on the fucking ps3 boards, where zanchief swears its "unplayable with DLCs", you have people saying "i had no problems at all"

the whole point of all this is that you're a bunch of whiny bitches crying about a bunch of minute stuff that hardly anyone else gives a shit about. if you're so fucking cool and you can do so much better, shut the fuck up and do it. nobody thinks you're cool because you're fucking negative about everything

its like you guys see or read one thing or have one thing happen to you one way and so you just expect it to be the same for everyone else. get real you fucking tards
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:12 am

http://forums.bethsoft.com/?showforum=38

These are documented facts. If your save goes above 10mb you simply can't play it without persistent crashes on PS3. I heard of similar problems on XBOX 360 but I don't have it on that console so what ever.

You simply cannot play all the DLC in less then 10mb, making the game pretty much impossible to play with the GOTY edition. This isn't something that happens to some people. This happens to all people. Now, can you please stop being a cum guzzling fanboy and shut the fuck up about shit you don't know?

I have given you mountains of evidence that Fallout 3 is buggy as all hell, and all you've come back with is, but I really like the game and I don't want it to have bugs!!! /emo cry...

You can be damn sure if I was a developer and I were to make a game I wouldn't release something in the condition bethesda does. I have more respect for my customers. I hope all developers do.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tossica » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:00 pm

Nerds.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drem » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:25 pm

no shit. zanchief is out of control. even after i agreed with him /shrug. he's having a terribly tough time believing that it's not very buggy for me. it's getting kind of annoying/sad. maybe they should rename bethesda to zanchesda and cater to all of his cry baby shit. but if they listened to him and agreed with him, would he keep bitching like he's doing here?...

and omg, now i'm a fanboy? i think bethesda games have gotten progressively worse since Daggerfall. i can't even play New Vegas after the first week and in fact i sold it back to the store because its such a pile of shit. im trying as hard as i can to dig oblivion but all in all its been really boring and bland. the only games i really went to town on were Morrowind and F3

all i'm saying here is that THEY WEREN'T BUGGY FOR ME. just like they weren't buggy for thousands of other players. unbalanced, yes, exploitable, very, but buggy? hardly. fuck you if that's too hard for you to fathom
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tossica » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:22 pm

I didn't play hundreds of hours but I never saw much for bugs in the 360 versions of FO3 or Oblivion.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:53 pm

:popcorn:
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Zanchief » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:33 pm

Why do you keep editing your posts like a dork. Stick with one embarrassing post dude. None of the edits make you look any less unhinged.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Arlos » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:45 am

I didn't find any show-stopper crippling bugs in the PC version of Fallout 3 at all. Oh sure, there were minor things here and there, but there's problems in every piece of software.

Bug-ridden to the point of uselessness, though, absolutely not.

Obviously, I cannot speak to how it was on any other platform than the PC. Just stating that on the platform *I* use, I don't see any basis for your assertions of "buggy as all hell."

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Drem » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:28 am

Arlos wrote:Oh sure, there were minor things here and there, but there's problems in every piece of software.

that's exactly what i'm trying to say
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:18 am

Your complacency is the reason they don't improve their games with patches. Thank you sir, may I have another...and you will.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Next

Return to Other Worlds